[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm feeling very upset and cheated out of my public school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 180px-MewtwoBaseSet10.jpg (17KB, 180x251px) Image search: [Google]
180px-MewtwoBaseSet10.jpg
17KB, 180x251px
I'm feeling very upset and cheated out of my public school education. I'm convinced that most of the time you spend in school before college is a complete waste for almost everyone.

Because here's the thing. Outside of the very basic stuff that I learned in 1st to 7th grade I now have forgotten much of what I learned in school.If you've really learned something you can explain everything about it from memory that was taught to you. How it works. What happened, etc.

Think i'm just being dumb? If I ask you to explain to me what you learned about earth science in middelschool I bet you won't be able to tell me on a level that totally covers everything you were supposed to have learned. I bet you can't remember the math you learned in 9th or 10th grade either.

Because now you don't remember anymore. Nobody does. And that's why i'm mad. All those years in school just to completely forget it all later. What a waste.
>>
Reported. Thread wants no advice and is taking up space.
>>
>>17592048
You don't remember it because all you did was study for the test not learn the material. Your fucking fault for taking the easy way.

Of course you can't regurgitate verbatim an entire year's worth of lessons, because you're fucking human. But I can't say i don't remember the majority of 9th grade and 10th grade math because that was for most people algebra and geometry, you know the basis of all the other fucking math.

Not everyone's made out to be academic, go to fucking plumbers school OP
>>
>>17592048
On this subject matter I'd like to ask. Is there a way to skip elementary and even high school, but still be capable of going to college?

It's for my future children.
>>
>>17592068
maybe, if they can pass a GED test.

but don't you think they're going to feel really out of place in college when they're, like, 8 and everybody else there is 18?
>>
>>17592068

>No.

Anything else? Oh wait you aren't proposing homeschooling them and crippling them socially for years to come are you?
>>
There are two basic types of things one learns in school: facts and skills. Some level of factual knowledge is important, but much of it is a means to an end: the process of learning the facts imparts yet other skills. You probably don't remember the specific gravity of gold, for example, but I'd place much better odds that you remember why it doesn't float on water. You may not remember mich of what happened in Hamlet, but you probably still associate that title with the phrase "To be or not to be; that is the question".

Forgetting (most of) the facts need not concern you so much, as long as you retain the skills. And for some of these skills, nothing better has yet been found than dumping facts on people.
>>
Do you have Aspergers or are you just generally autistic?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.