[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mother passed away from cancer 2 weeks ago >father is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

>mother passed away from cancer 2 weeks ago
>father is not in the picture because he was abusive to the family
>be 22
>have 4 younger brothers
>gotta be big brother and guardian in this trying time
>one brother comes home sad
>said someone made fun of him because mom passed away
>hes in middle school

Tl:dr Mom passed away and my brother is getting bullied at school because he opened up to someone.

Im pretty angry for starters but what should i tell my brother? i cant fight all his battles for him because i might not always be there in the future. what should i tell him?
>>
Tell him he needs to fight that guy and put to rest. Dead serious. I am a gentle guy but when someone comes at me because of family I see red and I need to defend them
>>
File: tumblr_n0p9yl5gN91t8k2dvo1_500.gif (168KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0p9yl5gN91t8k2dvo1_500.gif
168KB, 500x581px
>>17591986
I will probably tell him to do that if that kid keeps approaching him. it dosent help that hes overweight and has low self esteem to start with. He didnt even want to tell his councelors because hes scared that the kid would get back at him.

Ill tell him to fuck that kid up. even if he gets suspended.
>>
>>17591975
FINALLY. Someone who needs genuine help and is in a genuinely horrible scenario.

First of all witch the goddamn classes and schools till he ends up in a socially adjusted classroom full of decent human beings.
Teach them to make money online through Twitch, Bitcoin, ad sense, video game making. Don't do gold farming, it's useless.

Now what is your income and are you attending college? Do you hafe a large sum of money in the bank in order to raise 5 people? Do you live in a house or apartment? How much is it worth and how many years did you live in it?

In which country and zone do you live?

If everything is hopeless and your brothers and yourself inherited all the worst genes of your parents... no actually don't. It's stupid and edgy. Forget it.
>>
>>17592090
switch the classrooms or school*. Please excuse my crappy keyboard.
>>
I am sorry for your loss.

>>17591975
>Im pretty angry for starters but what should i tell my brother?
Tell him to pop that bully a good one. And if the administration complains, tell them that if they'd been willing to put a stop to the bullying of a child who had just lost his mother, this might not have been necessary. If they suspend him, take that day off and do something fun with him.

Some things are worth escalation.
>>
>>17592090
mother had a term life insurance for 1 mil. We will feel her love even if she isnt here anymore.
We live in california.
Also hes still in middle school so he still has a long way to go.
We have a big family. a lot of Aunts and Uncles and family friends. Were very grateful for their help and its good to know that were not alone.

Just fuck this bully is all. I dont want to make him violent because he would be no better than his father but i dont want him to be a doormat and have people walk all over him.
>>
>>17592109
Force the sociopathic kid to switch classrooms or school even.
Go inside and stay in the classroom to see if matters are worse than they seem.

Take a few days off where you call in sick, so you can have 1-2 weeks to properly look inside the classroom to see how the atmosphere is like. Push and fight hard if any of the teachers try to bitch about not allowing a 22 year old supervisor in the classroom. He'll be bullied for again sociopathic bullshit "how dare you call your older brother to inspect the premises, you're suppose to be getting stockholm syndrome and let us torture you for 4-8 years straight".
Decide if wenether removing 5-7 kids will assure a better atmosphere or the whole classroom is rotten.

Get him some social friends which he can work out with to get in better shape. Keep a close eye to see if he's getting arrogant and violent whwn he does get up in shape.
But preferabily some quality friends shouls keep his morality in check.

Sorry if all of this sounds way above what you're capable of.
>>
>>17591975

Teacher your brother to stand up for himself. The sooner he learns this skill the better.

If you teach him this it means that he will not get walked over in the future aswell.

Because he is just a kid, the bully will not listen to reason. It will probably end up in a phyisical fight to make the kid stop. Maybe you can teach him to throw a punch or two.
>>
Talk to his teachers before it escalates. And to the kid's parents.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>17592131
Its Just one kid from what he tells me so it isnt like a group is making fun of him.
Also hes doing boy scouts and there a lot of troop leaders and scout leaders that are a sort of moral floor ground for him. They actually have been making food for our family since mom passed away. I always tell them nah you dont have to but they insist to do so.

I actually might talk to the school about this. He talked to his counselors about the situation and was proactive with it because he knows its wrong. Im proud hes mature enough to do that but just to make sure ill take that advice and confront the school about it.
>>
File: Infant_Sasuke_and_Itachi.png (2MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Infant_Sasuke_and_Itachi.png
2MB, 1916x1080px
>>17592181
I grew up as a pushover too and only changed when i joined the army.

I dont really know how to teach him how to be aggressive. Even more dificult is to distinguish when you should use your fist instead of your words. I was always taught to talk it out.
>>
Not directly personal/emotional advice but: you NEED a social worker.

Resources are available to people/families like you in the form of both counseling and financial aid.
>>
>>17592243
just teach him how to fight, it'll raise his confidence and make it easier for him stand up for himself
>>
>>17591975
Do you have anyone from social services helping you? Do you know how to budget and manage money?
>>
>>17592109
>Just fuck this bully is all. I dont want to make him violent because he would be no better than his father
There is a very clear, bright line between abusing the weak and defending yourself against the strong. I am sorry to hear about the abuse your father wrought upon your family, and I wish you nothing but healing, but it does not mean that all violence is bad. You are dealing with someone who has shown that he will respond to nothing else. The compassionate thing to do is to give him what he needs to learn the lesson.
>>
File: 1464772685234.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464772685234.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
Pull up on them
>>
Call the teacher, call the principal/supervision, call the parents of the kid. If they're not aware that this is happening, then they can't take steps to stop it. They can reprimand the kid, send him to classes to not be a horrible shit. For your brother, they can offer spaces for him to go so he doesn't have to be alone where he could be targeted by bullies. I'm a teacher and many teachers at my school let kids come in our classrooms before classes and during lunch so they can feel safe. If you can contact the parents, you might find that they don't realize their little shit is such a shit and will do something about it.

Personally, if I heard this was happening in my classroom I would go on the fucking war path and get admin involved, have parent teacher conferences, have the kid do community service hours if I can pull it. I'm legitimately angry right now. Try to contact the school. If they give half a shit, then they can do more.
>>
>>17591975
First off OP, my condolences. As a brother myself who lost a few family members recently, I know it can be hard to handle everything that comes afterwards.

From what I've read so far, you want to teach your bro how to be able to handle his own problems but also be there for him. Like everyone else is saying, I'd talk to the school about it.

As for teaching him to stand up for himself, that's a really hard question since people have very different reactions and ways of learning things. You should make sure he has a good amount of self-respect first and foremost. There's a line people can't cross and he needs show people that they can't cross it. It's hard to explain, but just know that it's possible to be a really peaceful guy and still show people that you're not a doormat. It's good to use violence as a last resort though, but don't be afraid to resort to it when needed. I grew up most my life without having to fight anyone in school. However, when someone would insult me or my family or something personal/precious to me, I made sure to let them know that it was something they shouldn't do(try to be assertive yet calm). If they persisted I resorted to violence to get my point across.

I don't know if my advice is still relevant but I hope it helps.
>>
>>17591975
First, sympathy for your loss and salute for taking on the responsibility.

Talk to the school principal or counsellor. They are required by law to protect kids from bullying (You could sue for millions if they didn't). Meanwhile you're alerting them to keep a kindly eye on your brother, who is going through his own unhappiness.

And they might suggest some resources for your whole family - including you - to help you through this unhappiness.
>>
>>17592020
How about talk to the parents of that kid, instead of saying something irrational like that?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.