[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with smokers? I'm planning on confronting the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 7rcYzJi.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
7rcYzJi.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
How to deal with smokers?

I'm planning on confronting the neighbor about his smoking habits and politely ask him to at least go outside of the premises to smoke. ( Which is just 30 steps away ). My 6-year-old son has asthma and every night our room fills up with their cigarette and weed scent. Twice a day it's been happening recently and I hate having to close all the windows and deny us fresh air and spray Febreeze to neutralize the odor.

What else can I do?
>>
keep your fucking window closed faggot
let the man enjoy his weed, or even better, buy a house, fucking millennial
>>
Is the smell that potent? I smoke tobacco and not to mention weed and never really thought anyone near could smell it.

inb4you'remyneighbor
>>
>>17591026
IF THEY LOVE THEIR FUCKING SMELL SO MUCH WHY DON'T THEY CLOSE THEIR WINDOWS AND BOX THEMSELVES IN. FAGGOT.

>>17591028
Yeah. I'm sure they know because even they leave their back door open to let it out. Since it's an alleyway, that's how it gets to us but we're fine through the front doors...oddly. Either you're okay or neighbors are too scared/nervous to really complain. I'm fine with it like once a day but they smoke when we're getting ready to sleep and I really don't wanna go to sleep inhaling that all night.
>>
>>17591022
Just put a n in his window pointing out.
>>
File: 500x1000px-LL-70981b10_MJST.gif (2MB, 340x240px) Image search: [Google]
500x1000px-LL-70981b10_MJST.gif
2MB, 340x240px
>>17591041
I see. I don't think I would've considered it even though the proximity is so close.

Anyone I personally am not the type to complain but you (or any other annoyed neighbor) have every right in this situation.

Not only are cigs a luxury item he/she doesn't have to engage in, but it's considered common knowledge to go out of your way and make sure non-smokers aren't bothered. You can only win if you walk up to them about it.

It's just a matter of whether or not you want to be that guy.
>>
>>17591047
this, or keep the window closed. maybe have the fan pointing into the room during the day to get more fresh air moving in, then point it outward once they come outside and light up?

I get migraines from smoke (and from febreze ironically) and I can understand why you're pissed off. I would be too. it sucks that people are inconsiderate. but people like us are kind of limited in what we can do unless we live in a place where there are specific policies about it. also consider that the neighbours might have people living in their household who also have problems with smoke, and they might not have any other place to smoke.

they /should/ quit for their own health, but people don't always do what they should, and getting hung up on what they should do solves nothing. so I'd recommend focusing on what you can do.

anyway, if you're in an apartment and your building's policies don't prohibit smoking around the apartments, there's not much you can do legally. if you're in detached houses, there's even less you can do. you can complain to the neighbours, but if you push it too far, they're gonna get fed up and start being even bigger dicks than they are now. so be aware of that if you talk to them, and try not to escalate anything.

you can try contacting the local police, or your homeowner's association if there is one in your area, and just asking for advice on what legal recourse you might have or if there's anything else you can do. they would know whether the neighbours' actions might fall under some kind of nuisance ordinance or something.

on the bright side, the percentage of smokers in the population continues to go down gradually. so if and when you move, there's a pretty good chance you won't be next door to a smoker.
>>
Just beat his face
>>
>>17591022

You are pathetic. It is you fault for living there in first place now deal with it and don't ask people to change their routine for you. This issue is on your end and that is the fact.

In what hell hole do you live when this shit happens it gets from their door to your apartment. I wonder how does it even end up in your apartment. To put it in perspective i can have few people smoking in one of my rooms and you wouldn't be able to tell if someone is smoking by standing in front of the room with open door. So I wonder how the fuck is that happening that smoke gets to your apartment from other.
>>
>>17591026
Fuck off you pot head degenerate
>>
tell them to stop that shit.
if they don't comply, notify the landlord and demand a rent reduction.
it's about your kid, ffs, wo/man up.
>>
>>17591022
If smoking is allowed in the building hate to say it but you have no right. If he's nice he might do it you can still try. Just be prepared for him to tell you to fuck off and move if you don't like it.
>>
>>17591022
Also on the note of weed and asthma, the smoke is not strong enough to cause irritation unless the boy was in the room damn near hitting the joint with the man.

The smell is problematic but it's not harmful like cig smoke. It doesn't turn the fucking walls brown, for instance.
>>
>>17591052
Yeah it feels off telling someone to stop smoking but that's how my son got Asthma ( My mom stopped smoking after that because it was her fault ). Which is also why I moved out.

>>17591076
Yeah, I just close the door once I start smelling it but I'll ask them politely to at least try to box themselves in or smoke elsewhere.

>>17591110
We've been living here for 7 years without this smoking problem. White trash moves in only 2 months ago and this shit starts.

>>17591137
Thanks for the advice, anon.

>>17591166
I'll see what I can do but I really don't want to move AGAIN because of a smoker...

>>17591170
It's weed AND cigarette smoke. My son got asthma because my mom used to lock herself in the bathroom smoking it and thinking the fan would exhaust the smoke out. Nope, it just circulated through the vents and voila, my son got asthma that same year. Least she stopped smoking because of it, after being an avid smoker for 50 years.
>>
>smoking in the balcony is prohibited in this apartment building
>neighbors smoke on their balcony anyway
>can't spend time on the balcony or open a window because of the smell
>a bit of the smell comes through even if I have doors and windows closed

fuck smokers
>>
>>17591026
/thread
>>
>>17591026
Why do his desires take priority over OP's?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.