[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, My gf of 5 years or so and now common law partner of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: MU7PrqD_.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
MU7PrqD_.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
/adv/,

My gf of 5 years or so and now common law partner of about 1.5 years is starting to wear me down.
I am not sure if it's depression, anxiety, SAD, or what ever, but she can never be happy.

When we first started dating, it was her lack of 'real' friends, and missing her home country, then it was general university stuff, then it was moving out, then it was a decent job or lack thereof of, and now it's her complaining about said job and she doesn't go out anymore. There's always something.
Now, those are only the major issues, there's so many more. But she's always in a perpetual mood of being negative. And it's starting to really get to me. I try my hardest to keep positive, but I get shot down, and I have to walk on egg shells when I open my mouth.

Today I made a comment about how we work really hard for our life style. And other people have it far worse than us. And she got all moody saying that's not what you tell someone with depression. She twisted my words to fit her negative thoughts.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. Her attitude just sucks. And yes, I've tried getting her out of the house, supporting her hobbies and shit, but she goes back to the mind set that life sucks for some reason. She's toxic to herself and others.
>>
>>17590600
ur the toxic one, she cant enjoy her hobbies and ur not helping her, shes sad and you tell her people have it worse. sounds like you ARENT supportive. showing her the way and guiding her are two separate things
>>
What do you want us to tell you? You're clearly not happy in this relationship and probably won't ever be, so break up
>>
>>17590600
She said she is depressed, either she gets help, or just dump her. People who are all depressed just drag other people down and there is literally nothing you can do to help them.
>>
>>17590616
I do support her hobbies. I said that.
She's broken me down to not knowing what to say anymore. Because it's always the same thing.
>>17590619
It's not that easy.
She's not always depressed, but it's become a daily occurrence.
>>
>>17590638
>She's not always depressed, but it's become a daily occurrence.
I'd classify that as 'always depressed'. I second >>17590631, if she's not getting help and she refuses to do so, there's nothing you can do. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You can stay with her depressed ass and put up with it, or you can leave her. It's up to you
>>
>>17590600
sounds like bpd, anon
abandon ship asap, discontinue all forms of communication
trust me in this, ive been there. this is how it starts. before you know it, she will be cutting herself in the living room, calling the cops saying you did it, and breaking your stuff. this can only get worse, it will never get better. gtfo immediately
>>
>>17590734
She's not that dramatic. It's subtle, that's the worst part. One minute she's perfectly fine, next she's looking at some old friend of hers in fb who posted themselves going in vacation and the depression kicks in.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.