[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 19 years old. Beginning in the middle of this summer I suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: eyeball.jpg (552KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
eyeball.jpg
552KB, 1200x1200px
I am 19 years old. Beginning in the middle of this summer I suddenly began feeling an acute mental fatigue. There were days when I could sleep a full 8 or even 10 hours and still wake up feeling like a truck had run over me. I had a couple of very light headaches, but I rarely have them and they quickly went away, never to resurface.

Now I'm in my first semester of Sophomore year at uni and the mental exhaustion hasn't abated at all. I'm losing my cognitive abilities in a way I never have before. I've never been on any medications or used drugs and I don't drink. I have the same dietary and exercise habits that I've always had. Any idea what it might be?
>>
losing your cognitive abilities?

how do you know? what are you noticing
>>
>>17590365

Any dugs you are using(abusing)?
>>
>>17590377

Sorry, didn't finish reading.

You sound like you are depressed.
>>
>>17590369
this is me

i just want to throw it out there that you should look at sleep apnea. it's one of those things that is more common than you would think, but very few people know anything about it.

good luck OP.
>>
>>17590369
Frequent short-term memory lapses, inability to retain my train of though without frequent gaps (used to be able to hold several long ones at once), forgetting where things were placed or what I was going to do next. And I think my driving is getting a lot worse, or at least that's what I notice.

>>17590377
Nothing except caffeine, and from the frequencies with which I've used it, it can't be related.

>>17590383
It's been about a year since I finally met my first girlfriend. My life seems set up to go back in the right direction. I shouldn't be depressed now, of all times. This has to be a neurological thing.
>>
>>17590415
i'm the anon that suggested looking into sleep apnea

seriously, look into sleep apnea.

sleep apnea basically means you get shit quality sleep because of interruptions to your oxygen supply at night, which stops your body from getting into REM sleep. Even if you sleep 8 or 10 or 12 hours, you feel like you haven't slept.

it is known to affect your memory, basically the same shit as if you didn't sleep for days, but obviously varies between individuals.

look up sleep apnea, ask a doctor about it. even if you don't think sleep apnea is a thing, talk to a doctor.
>>
>>17590415
also
>shouldn't be depressed now, of all times

depression has no rhyme or reason, it comes and goes as it pleases. even if you don't -feel- depressed, you can exhibit all of the symptoms, and are thus depressed.

i'm not saying you are depressed, but there is no 'should' or 'shouldn't' with depression.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.