[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible. Rear ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: judge.jpg (154KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
judge.jpg
154KB, 630x354px
I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible.
Rear ended someone just shy of two years ago
I was uninsured at the time
Was low speed ~30mph
Haven't heard a word till today

The person is suing me and some other guy driving a commercial truck that crashed in to them a month later for a total of $950,000 now.

I make like 28-30k a year..... Even if they are awarded a small fraction of what they are requesting im pretty sure I will have to file bankruptcy or kill myself.
>>
Isn't driving without insurance illegal? Also two years after it happened is sketchy as fuck, it might be able to benefit you.
>>
>>17590352
I had my license suspended and what not afterwards. I was in a bad spot at the time. Had recently moved and I let my policy lapse briefly
>>
>>17590352
In the court papers I was served with they talk about having a damaged back and other medical issues due to the two accidents with in a month. Don't even think the person ever saw a doctor or anything. Sure as he'll never called me or anything
>>
>>17590360
Well like I said, the time lapse might help you a bit here anyway.

They're obviously not going to get that money that they're asking for (and they know this), but most of it will be coming from the company who hired that commercial truck driver. I'm not sure what happens in your situation because of your lack of insurance/license/whatever, but someone in your spot WITH insurance here in Canada usually pays between $5,000-$10,000.

What are you doing about getting a lawyer?
>>
i gotchu senpai
step1: did he file a police report
step2: do you have the policy card from back then. usually if you dont pay they cancel your insurance, but the policy card shows a later date of policy cancellation. thats a gray area. i did it before. wouldnt pay insurance for 4 months out of the year and get away with that shit.
step3: thats a bit late to claim an accident as there is no actual proof of how much the damage was done - unless step 1's criteria was met.

you'll most likely be fine, that guy is retarded and is comitting fraud by doing that. you cant sue someone 2 years after an accident, theres a reason why lawyers work off contingency.
>>
>>17590312
Well, the thing with this kind of lawsuit is that damages are usually awarded proportionally to the damage caused. I don't think you caused anywhere near $950,000 to the dude's car going that speed, did you? Was anybody hurt?

What you're gonna want to do is get a good lawyer. Take out a loan if you have to. There's a chance you could win the trial, depending on how well the damage was documented and how long it's been. However, you'll probably settle out of court and your lawyer will be good at negotiating that for you.
>>
>>17590372
damaged back my ass, usually that kind of injury will require operation or work on it immediately. they fucked up, you cant begin to serve someone 2 years after the accident. you won't even get in trouble in court because there was no citation given at the time. niggaisdumb.jpg
>>
>>17590396
There was a citation at the time. I got following too closely and driving uninsured
>>
>>17590451
any police report? stating details of the accident?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.