[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22 years old, went into a trade at 18. Making six figures working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: watdo.jpg (48KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
watdo.jpg
48KB, 630x420px
22 years old, went into a trade at 18. Making six figures working half the year. Have traveled a large percentage of the world, so that dream is accomplished. Kind of getting bored with life now. I need something to work towards again. A goal far out there on the horizon that I have to constantly work for to achieve. The best way I know how to describe the feeling I'm missing is when I was playing football in high school. I was absolutely, terrible - 4th string. It didn't matter though, I was giving it my all to become better. Practicing when other people weren't, doing things other people were too lazy or didn't care to do. How do I find my life's purpose again after already achieving big goals I've aspired to all my life?
>>
>>17590067
Put a million dollars in the bank and live off the interest. It was the smartest thing I ever did. I retired at 28. Now I only work when I want something extra.
>>
>>17590067
what trade if you don't mind me asking ? I'm looking into my options as a 27 year old loser with liberal arts undergrad degree that never did much for me.
>>
Learn a language.

It's one of the most rewarding things you can ever do if you apply it in real life. The next time you go somewhere, you could make connections. it's be even more impressive if you learned it yourself.
>>
>>17590067
Master your body and battle in a shao-lin fighting tournament, duh.
>>
>>17590084

Trying to make it not so much about money, that's what it has been the past year or so, and it's not really doing me right mentally. For example, I've started to value myself based on how much money I have and as a result have made a few friends who in the back of my head, I know this is the only reason they're around :P

>>17590090

Merchant Marine. Since you already have a degree, I'd highly recommend Great Lakes Maritime Academy, as you can finish it in 3 years instead of the required 4 years at the other maritime academies. Also, please don't call yourself a loser bb <3
>>
>>17590112
I was older than you when I realized that shit. Good for you.
>>
>>17590121

Thanks man, I try
>>
>>17590112
>7 day work week 6 months of the year
>dying industry with weak corrupt unions that have nepotism out the ass
no thanks
>>
>>17590112
Merchant marines don't make six figures kek
>>
>>17591048

Pretty much 100% correct, except the nepotism doesn't really affect you unless you're going for a political position within the union or trying to get a piloting job.

>>17591058

What's your source? Google? It's wrong. They don't factor in our overtime which puts us at over double our base salary.
>>
>>17591077
Keep lying faggot

>Thinks 35k annually is six figures
>>
>>17591080

Cool story, bro. I'll tell it to my grandchildren.
>>
>>17591082
They'll never exist because you're too poor to feed your children
>>
>>17590067
Go to college.
Or start your own company
Or write the Great American Novel
Or marry and start a family
Or devote some of your time and energy to charity work
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.