[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like my life is falling apart. I graduated from college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2147067-huntress_profile-1.jpg (3MB, 1791x2650px) Image search: [Google]
2147067-huntress_profile-1.jpg
3MB, 1791x2650px
I feel like my life is falling apart. I graduated from college in May. I'm not getting jobs in my degree field so I've been applying for whatever I can get. I have a tutoring job right now but I'm not making much money from it. I've been applying for jobs at the mall and what not. I went yesterday to follow up on my applications and they all said they would call me this week. No promise for an actual job. I tell my mom this and then at home I hear her telling my grandfather "She probably sabotages herself just so that she doesn't have to work retail" and then suggests that I pick the worst answers for those scenario questions they ask on the retail job applications. I tell her that it's not true. I don't do this at all. She doesn't believe me and she talks shit about me and tells me what a screw up I am.

In July, a guy I was romantically interested in got fed up with me asking him to go to the art museum and just went on this long rant directed towards me about how much he hates me and he ranted about how shitty feminism is. And like it's just awful having two people you were close to talking so much shit about you.

I just feel so stressed out. I can barely sleep, I have throbbing headaches, and I just feel so sad all the time. I don't really have any friends in Houston to hang out with and all my friends live out of town or state. It gets so lonely.

I just really want a job right now so that I can save up money and move to California. I know it's such an impossible dream but I would love to have a chance to audition for a part in the DC comics movie. I love the character Huntress. It's so impossible but it's all I have going for me right now. I just think about that to make myself feel better. On Friday my sister and I will plan what to shoot for a demo reel to send to an acting agency.

I just want some good luck. I just want things to get better. But it seems like no matter what I do, everything just falls apart. Any idea how I can get through?
>>
File: 1460842587600.jpg (871KB, 2000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1460842587600.jpg
871KB, 2000x1300px
>>17588924
>feminism
Shouldnt if majored in woman studies dipshit
>>
>>17588924
Everything will get better. Don't worry about other people. Fuck that guy for blowing up on you, find someone better. Can you talk to your family about all of this stress?
>>
What was your degree field? There are a lot of customer service jobs opening up, especially online for the holiday season. Don't worry about that guy. Don't worry about relationships at all right now, honestly.

Just being realistic, you will seriously probably not have a chance at that role unless you have a buddy working on that movie. They hire big time names to bring in crowds. If you don't already have a long list of accomplishments then just concentrate on getting a job and moving out. Plus if you already feel this shitty about your mom and grandpa and this random guy talking about you, you're not going to like it when people shit on you for not being the perfect Huntress.
>>
>>17588924
try meditation in your free time. (google Mindfulness in Plain English) its okay to sometimes not worry about things. otherwise, just keep applying. theres not much else to do. you could try hitching to california.

everything seems bad now, but be patient and it will change. i bet you've felt bad before..what happened to that feeling? calm down, nothing about your life is permanent.

look for work at universities, too. like lab assitant or something...you could just be washing beakers, but it usually pays ok. what are your cograduates doing? what's holding you in houston? maybe you could get a job with a friend outside of houston and move.

mostly just slow down and take things one at a time.
>>
>>17588974
I didn't major in women studies.

Sometimes I find articles online that I think are interesting and I post it on my Facebook because I like the discussion my friends partake in and I like seeing different opinions and discussions.

But dude was all like "yeah tell me how women are not sexual objects but then send me selfies" and like he always asked me for selfies and I never talk about things like that with him.
>>
>>17588998
My degree field is in marketing and I've been applying for everything.

I know there is no chance of me getting it but it keeps me going. Karen Fukuhara got the role of Katana and she didn't have any previous acting roles.

My grandpa doesn't talk shit about me at all. My mom was just complaining to him about me. I know people would hate me if I was famous but like it wouldn't matter because I don't know those people and not close to those people.
>>
>>17588999
What's holding me in Houston is that I don't have money to move out. I've been applying for job in California though too.

Some of the people I've graduated with aren't doing that much better either. Some have jobs, some don't.

It's just such a stressful time right now.
>>
>>17588988
I don't know if my parents will be receptive to talking about it, but I have my sister at least.
>>
>>17589014
She had a lot of previous experience working in the tv and movie industry
>she continued to work on numerous shows on NHK in Japan, most notably those on the Disney Channel as a member of Movie Surfers

I live in the South too and I know how hard it is to find a job here unless you do manual labor. I also hope to move out West. But that's why I suggested looking for jobs online to get you started.
>>
>>17589034
Yeah that's a good point. But like getting Katana for a first major acting role is pretty rad honestly. I know it's nearly impossible to get a role like that, but at least I can try to get something.

I've just been applying wherever I can. It's just frustrating.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.