[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ has brainwashed me in believing in all their bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Acid_0673e1_5051448.jpg (68KB, 485x728px) Image search: [Google]
Acid_0673e1_5051448.jpg
68KB, 485x728px
/pol/ has brainwashed me in believing in all their bullshit

How do I repair the damage?
>>
>>17588202
without killing myself, possibly
>>
please help
>>
>>17588202
Read "The Ego And Its Own"
>>
>>17588202
Brainwashed you how, dear anon? Please specify and I'll do my best to help you.
>>
Go outside more often, or expose yourself to other corners of the internet. Stop going to /pol/

Once you change your environment you'll be surprised how fast your opinion changes.

I had a minor similar issue where I kept linking real life situation to meme situations from 4chan in my head, most of them race oriented, and it lessened after I started putting myself out more.
>>
>>17588241

it's something like >>17588242 said, whenever I interacted with anything the pol memes would come in the back of my head.

>tfw I ended a cozy relationship a cute black grill only because of the memes
>>
help

it's not enough
>>
>>17588202
Stop using that board, I used it it for about a year and left when the trump hype started. Life is a lot better now, I'm trying to reduce how much time I waste on 4chan and overall the internet.
Time outside the internet will fix it.
>>
>>17588305
so I have just to go away.

i'm still stumped because I'm wonder if they're actually right or not.
>>
The question is:

"How do I stop believing in pol's bullshit?"
>>
>>17588337
>>17588239
>>
>>17588308
>so I have just to go away.
Pretty much. That won't fix you overnight, but the healing can't start until direct exposure stops.

For your political news fix after that, I recommend NPR and Politico. Note the "and", not "or". The former has a slight leftward slant, and the latter a slight rightward one, but the tension between them will help clear out the /pol/-bullshit more quickly, by forcing you to form your own opinions. If you aren't in the US, substitute two slight-left/slight-right outlet from your own country.

>i'm still stumped because I'm wonder if they're actually right or not.
This will pass, in due time.
>>
Obviously try not to shoot up a school, other than that do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>17588356
Ok, thank you for taking the time for answering me
>>
GOD DANG IT I STILL CAN'T PUT MYSELF TO STOP
>>
>>17588252
You're not the only one, friend. Every single person in this planet judges someone in one way or another, be it color of skin, stature, the way you look, facial aesthetics, how you dress, etc., no matter how much they deny it. It's human nature after all, we judge people because we put ourselves first, and perceive others based on what they can do to us.
It's no secret that the black community is the portrayed in a negative light, but you have to understand that many of these people come from single mother families, where a role model is the one with the most pimped out car and the biggest guns. Also, years and years of not only slavery, but decades of racism and the fight for civil rights has left them pretty damaged both socially and economically. These events are still fresh in the minds of some people, just as the Vietnam war is for vets.

I also let myself get carried away with the /pol/ meme for a while, until I realized I was better than that. Visit a community college or university, go to another city or hell go travel somewhere else, and I assure you that you'll see what people are truly capable of. I'm a white guy and just by my beard I get weird look from wagecuck yuppies who have no idea what diversity means. Hold on, don't look away just yet, I know it's cliché but seriously, I have been received by poor as shit people in South Africa, South America and Mexico, and pretty much every single family offered me their only bed for me to sleep on and whatever they killed that day to eat. Most of the people in this planet only have less than $2 to live through every day, but some of the poorest people are the richest in terms of human understanding and support, and yes, that means people in black communities too, even if it's a minority of them.
>>
>>17588252
>>17588390
cont.

Kindness is integral to our everyday lives, and people go through the day when someone smiles at them. We are built this way too, we are beings that think and feel, and for that reason we seek others for support and understanding. Whether it's been a hard day, week or hell maybe even year, try to smile because there are people who genuinely give a shit about you, even if it's only one person. Kids in the ghetto community grow up thinking that their father left because they hated them, and thus negative emotions begin to settle in. Anger, jealousy, scorn, and disgust sets in these young people from an early age, trying to figure out why they can't have the same things as other people do.

I apologize for the wall of text, but it's really a hard process to take in. I can't convince you overnight to change your way of thinking and reasoning, part of that you have to do yourself through experience and understanding. Try imagining putting yourself in a young black person's shoes for once. Now imagine yourself breaking your back working 12 hours a day in some smelly sweatshop in Mumbai or in an agricultural field in a drug-controlled plantation in South America. Now imagine living like this every single day you wake up. Scary, right?

All I can say is try not to judge people as much, you will see that if you just give a smile, you'll probably make their day, and smile at you back. It's low-effort and free after all, you're not losing sleep by doing so. Any other doubt/question?
>>
>>17588402
I...you know what. I'm too dumb to distinguish what's true or false without seeing it with my eyes so fuck it.
I'm going to live my life and build my own opinions as you did.
Thanks for the wall of text tho :9
>>
You're too deep into the rabbit hole.
>>
>>17588407
No problem, dear anon, may you find whatever it is that you are looking for someday. Who knows? Maybe it's just around the corner!

That's another thing, try to keep a positive mind, no matter how bad it gets. Someone out there has it a whole lot worse than you. Law of attractions helps too, even if it's just a placebo effect.
>>
File: serveimage71.gif (10KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage71.gif
10KB, 600x694px
>>17588202
That's right, it's all bullshit.
>>
>>17588202
The thing is, /pol/ is right sometimes. Or at least, they criticize things that other online outlets don't criticize. I'm not racist, know too many jews to buy the jewish conspiracy meme, I hate all that "gays are degenerate" crap, and I've always been more or less libertarian, but I went to a liberal arts school that was a psychotic leftist echo chamber and it was a really toxic environment. Having seen these people firsthand, I legitimately believe, no edge, no fedora, that a lot of the left-wing extremists of our generation are either a.) actively seeking the destruction of the west or b.) useful idiots for those who are. Seeing /pol/ expose their bullshit and hypocrisy was really eye opening for me, and it's kind of a refreshing release to have an open discussion somewhere that's not stiflingly far-left (which all my IRL and non-anonymous online circles are). Even the (((coincidence))) thing has inspired some critical thinking for me at times. But they are also wing nuts, and a lot of them are morons who came here from breitbart or drudge report or something. Broken clock, twice a day, etc.

It's all about moderation. I'd encourage you to read more, and find more people who aren't extremists on either side. I warmed up a lot more to women's issues when I met feminists who weren't #killallmen angry lesbians, for instance. There's a little truth to every meme, but you can't go too far into them, no matter what side you align yourself on in the end.
>>
>>17588239
Of anything by renzo novatore
Or baedan
Or whatever

And most of all stop visiting /pol/
>>
>>17588308
/pol/ is always right
>>
>>17588202
>blue pill
>BLUE PILL

You're a bit late with that, anon.
>>
Start going to /his/

You'll become a french-loving bookworm greek faggot instead
>>
watch 'american history x' then ask yourself are you better than that
>>
realize you believed it and stop if you don't anymore.

if you can be manipulated that easy all just to regret it later, use being wronged to know more firmly you have to think for yourself better in a world fuck full of shitty people or you'll be fresh assmeat on repeat.
>>
>>17588202
Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.
>>
>>17588202
Try not being an impressionable underage. If it wasn't /pol/ it'd be something else.
>>
>>17588202
Young people are super impressionable, like the above poster said. The environment you surround yourself in shapes you to an amazing degree. I had a /pol/ phase myself, and after it made my world view a wreck I decided I had to stop going there. Even if they are on to something with conspiracy theories here and there, it's such an awful anti-intellectual place to be for a young person that I wouldn't recommend anyone spend time there. It warps your perspective and does awful things.

Take /pol/'s view of impoverished nations, for instance. They say they're third-worlders, they need to be nuked, they're stupid, backwards, disease-ridden, etc.. It's understandable not wanting to live there, but these people aren't doing anything wrong. Sure, peasants in like China and some African nations do some vile shit with animals, but in Spain they slaughter bulls and in the U.S. we have chicken processing plants. Same shit. By and large, people are just trying to get by. I've read lots of travel accounts from people gone into Africa and Latin America, and almost all mentioned how incredibly hospitable the locals were. Just look at pic related, do you really think these are bad people?

One of the greatest natural liberties you have especially with the internet is to mold the world into your own vision with your environment. Feel free to keep going to /pol/, but ask yourself: Is this how you really want to see the world? Through a hodgepodge of shitty stereotypes? If the answer is no, maybe you should reconsider how you spend your time.
>>
>>17589719
A /pol/tard would just watch the ending and say "SEE POLZ WAS RIGHT"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.