[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever had any experience with hair thinning/loss,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1447133232994s.jpg (9KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447133232994s.jpg
9KB, 213x250px
Has anyone here ever had any experience with hair thinning/loss, and managed to reverse or halt the effects through lifestyle changes. I have had hair thinning and although its nothing too awful at this point it has gotten somewhat worse over the year and will be visibly bad in the near future. Now I'm not torn up or anything over it, but like most people I think I would prefer to keep my hair if it all possible.

Googling this issue returns a veritable shitheap of pseudoscience articles from clickbait garbage sites and almost nothing I can discern to be of merit, so here I am, hoping for a personal account.

To reiterate, I'm just wondering if there is any lifestyle changes that can be made to halt/slow my encroaching hair loss. I should also add that I am against taking drugs for this issue as they often open up a host of new problems, but could be swayed from that stance if enough people spoke positively of them.
>>
>>17588122

You should see a dermatologist. He\She will probably prescribe a blood test first to see if you're missing basic stuff like Zinc and Vitamin D and then prescribe supplements (not drugs). Mine also gave me a shampoo and Minoxidil.

In terms of lifestyle, reducing stress is the most obvious thing. Like, if you do go to a doctor, that's likely the first thing you'll be asked about.
>>
>>17588133
Immediately I would assume stress is the culprit, since I feel like I have been stressed for so long it has become a default.

That does seem tricky to remedy though since the solution is probably going to be a lot more abstract than "eat more X" or exercise more often or something.

I guess I'll work on researching stress a bit and see about finding a dermatologist.
>>
>>17588122
Lifestyle changes won't change the amount of DHT your body produces. Just ignore it.
>>
>>17588214
>just ignore it

The 4chan way of dealing with problems
>>
>but could be swayed from that stance if enough people spoke positively of them.

I speak positively of them, never had any problems other than not taking finasteride 6 months earlier which resulted in me putting up with years of frustration and the pain and financial blow of a hair transplant to patch things up later.
>>
>>17588214
Is DHT really the end all be all of hair loss?

It seems as though there are a lot of factors, but I could be mistaken.

Also there *should* be some sort of way to address DHT production right?
>>
File: 2.jpg (992KB, 5120x3591px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
992KB, 5120x3591px
yep, results may vary though:

i am black, so I'm not sure how these products will affect your hair

>freshman year
>stress getting to me
>hair thinning in front
>not growing
>shit hair

i start relaxing more, using better products

>daily extra virgin coconut oil massage after shower
>castor oil on hair line (helps make thicker) every few days
>tea tree oil i scalp every other day
>apple cider vinegar mixed with water rinse after shower

things i did and noticed hair change:

>drink water everyday
>3-4 smart water bottles (refills)
>eat granola bars, natures valley instead
>cut down fast food intake
i still fuck with some chinese food & mcdonalds though
i also took up running and soccer

try that shit out bruh
>>
>>17588261
I am definitely taking this as a wake up call and becoming more zealous in drinking water/exercise/diet etc etc

I will look up all that oil bullshit... Seems dubious but if it works, it works.

Thanks "senpai"
>>
>>17588122
99% of hair loss is genetic and there ain't nothing you can do about it. The other 1% might be skin-disease-based and treatable.
>>
>>17588122

Earlier in the year I was under a total panic that I was losing my hair. Asked 4chan about it, and got a lot of these replies. I had a couple things wrong with me - I was throwing up most mornings (kidney problems), and I was heavily picking at my scalp. I noticed hair falling out every time I touched my head, it seemed.

Well, I got my kidney issues under control, and started using Nizoral shampoo. Now the thinning areas look full and robust again - my hairdresser has even commented. So, try Nizoral, check your health, and good luck.
>>
>>17588396
This might be a long shot but could you elaborate on your kidney issues? Mostly the symptoms and the treatment.
>>
>>17588122
You're a man now OP. Welcome to the club.
>>
Do you masturbate every day? Sometimes more than once per day?
>>
>>17589770
OP again, yes I masturbate every day usually, 1-3 times a day is the norm.
>>
>>17589770
Is fapping in anyway connected with hair loss?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.