[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about moving into a storage unit for the next 3 months,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: storage_unit.jpg (51KB, 431x356px) Image search: [Google]
storage_unit.jpg
51KB, 431x356px
Thinking about moving into a storage unit for the next 3 months, what precautions should I take?
>>
>>17587915
Why?
>>
>>17587916
$35 a month until I move into a dorm next semester. It also means I don't have to be a burden on anybody in the meantime.
>>
>>17587931
Sounds good. But can you really live there? How many things will you take there? Will you have enough space? Where will you pee? Will you have water? Electricity?
>>
Is that legal where you live?
>>
>>17588007
Only need 5 boxes for all my personal stuff, definitely enough space.
I usually pee near the end of the day, so I'll do it before I return there. I'll buy a generator for heat if for whatever reason the temperature drops into the 60's before the year is over here.
>>17588010
I can't be arrested if that's what you mean. If I get found out and refuse to leave they'd have to get a court order to evict me. Not that I'd refuse, but I'd probably just live in my car instead while keeping my stuff there.
>>
>>17588066
Use a genny in that thing and you will die.
>>
>>17588082
Guess I'll just have to wrap up depending on what the weather is like this December.
>>
>>17587915
>Thinking about moving into a storage unit for the next 3 months, what precautions should I take?
I lived in a storage unit for a bit, there's a lot to consider:
It is hard to live in somewhere that has active security patrols, as you aren't insured to live in it, no, paying doesn't mean you can live in it.
It will get cold at night, very cold, especially as storage spaces are not insulated. Pack enough blankets and socks, if you have a source of power take a heater.
If the storage is located near a gym, you can use the facilities there to wash etc
Always be prepared to up and move at short notice, this means being able to pack all your things very quickly, if the storage company finds you living in it, they will cancel your contract, meaning you will need to get your things into a vehicle ASAP and go elsewhere.
Don't use anything that creates fumes (like a generator) as you will die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

You won't be the first person to live in a storage space, Many people use them as workshops, but you are running a lot of risks, you need to know your rights (as in your real rights, not ones you got off a guide on the internet) if you get found out, read over the contracts and remember that google is your friend.
>>
>>17587915
Can't be done. They have people that come and check them to make sure no one lives there.
>>
>>17587915
Just sleep in your car.
>>
I'm gonna move out of 4chan. Nobody cares, but just thought you should know.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.