[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get a girlfriend in 2016? Is it supposed to be easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1447648991025.jpg (208KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1447648991025.jpg
208KB, 1200x1200px
How do you get a girlfriend in 2016?

Is it supposed to be easy or is it supposed to be hard? Because I keep getting rejected and blown off for unknown reasons and I don't know if this is standard fare for most guys or if I'm just a fucking loser. I've been on dates and hung out with women but they all end with me getting ghosted or me being told she just wants to be friends. It's like, women like to be friendly with me and talk to me but past that I seem to be lousy at generating more attraction for some reason. The only woman who took serious interest in me after initial impressions (that I could confirm) had an insane amount of baggage, she was fucking two other guys besides me and is too overweight for me to find attractive.

I have a car, a place of my own, and I'm otherwise financially independent. I'd like to think that I am not an insufferable person to be around, I can make people laugh, I can hold my own in conversation, people like to spend time with me and I do photography just as a hobby but I'm very passionate about it. I'm in OK shape although I could be better since I'm not technically underweight but close to it. I'm also short but so many guys I know are my height or shorter and have gotten girlfriends easily so I doubt that's it.
>>
>>17587049
>How do you get a girlfriend in 2016?
You say this like things have drastically changed in the past few decades
>>
>>17587056
Hasn't online dating shifted things quite a bit? I mean it's something like a third of relationships seem to start there now, or at least that's what the sites are saying, possibly in order to get more people to sign up.
>>
>>17587062
We're better connected, sure, but the basic process of getting into a relationship hasn't really changed. You meet someone (in person or online), you date them, you enter a relationship.
>>
>>17587072
Ok, sure, but:
>Is it supposed to be easy or is it supposed to be hard?

I mainly want to know what others' experiences are and if it's normal to be rejected often.

I don't shotgun approach women, I go for ones that seem reasonably intelligent and attractive and bring about as much to the table as I do. But I've been striking out a lot, which has affected my confidence a lot lately.
>>
>>17587049
>How do you get a girlfriend

getting "a" girlfriend is as easy as finding an ugly fat girl

if you want a worthwhile girlfriend, that's where things get tricky

>I've been on dates and hung out with women but they all end with me getting ghosted or me being told she just wants to be friends
Women want to be impressed, that's the entire point of the first date. And they don't seem to see you as all too impressive

>I'd like to think that I am not an insufferable person to be around
You might not be, but the average woman might find you boring

>I'm also short
How short?

>I'm in OK shape
how OK?

you're gonna have to give us more palpable information, if you want any useful advice

after all we don't know how you act on a date, the things you say, how the woman responds, or even where you are meeting these women
>>
>>17587049
see
>>17587491

Building intimacy is key - you said you can make people laugh and I'll tell that, for me, jokes and being goofy is what got me my first "girlfriend" in college.

There's this "ice" you need to break with people you don't know that much. I don't know you, so it's hard to tell what's wrong, but don't be afraid treat people like friends - give them nicknames, pretend to be insulted, tell them their favorite movie sucks.

Make no mistake, women want to be entertained. She might be interested in your good looks, your dick size, your car, etc but, in the end of the day, the most imporant thing is whether she feels closer to you than to a stranger at the subway.
>>
I don't know.
>>
>>17587049
I would honestly just go on about my business and not give 2 shits. You can get rejected so many times that either you let it get to you, you stop bothering, or you just keep it moving. You will find one eventually. If I had the things you have, I would just say its their loss because at the end of the day, I take care of ny own shit and I am myself. If they don't want me, their loss. In all honesty, if theres something you would like to change about yourself, do that but do it for you.

Everyone gets rejected bro. Same on my end but end of the day, theyre just a speck on your life, nothing more.
>>
I think it's a bit like getting a job. Those who are slightly crappy, slightly weird or underwhelming can make hundreds of applications and go for years without getting anything. Meanwhile those who are slightly interesting, a little cool, well connected and in the flow of it will be spoilt for choice most of the time. It's confusing because there's only a few subtle differences between them, it doesn't seem like much.
>>
>>17588245
>>17587491
Thanks for the feedback.

I brought up the job and the car etc so that there wouldn't be a mystery as to whether or not I need to get my shit together or if I'm some kind of "manchild". I don't expect these things to seriously impress women anyways.

>the average woman might find you boring
I am probably not everyone's cup of tea for sure. Most girls I meet are too tired to go out and do anything because they stayed up all of the previous night drinking. If I can bring myself up more then I would love to do that.

I used to do online dating but after the last tinder date I gave up.

I am 5' 6" and thin. Not unhealthily thin but not very muscular either.

I just act like myself. I don't know how to articulate it better than that. I ask them about themselves and talk about myself. I joke around and flirt and touch a bit. I can think of things I did wrong but its not like the women I meet are perfect angels with no flaws - so it's hard to accept being critiqued so much but I guess that's just how it is.
>>
>>17588295
Look into leg-lengthening surgery or suicide.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.