[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bringing a blanket to college autistic? I dress plainly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Is bringing a blanket to college autistic?

I dress plainly, sit near the front, get good marks/know shit and don't ever talk to anyone unless they talk to me first so I think people probably think I'm autistic anyways. For the record, I'm not.

If I just brought a blanket in my backpack and wrapped it around myself during class would it matter? Is this a really strange thing to do or just kind of strange? Would a professor take issue to it? Class sizes of about 30 people.

I don't particularly care too much if people think I'm weird but I don't want to cause any sort of reaction.

People I've talked to in real life had said it'd be strange, but I just want to be warm and comfy as fall rolls around and I tend to always be freezing.

I'm a girl if it makes a difference.
>>
>>17585918
As a girl you could probably get away with it. An equal number of people will probably think it's cute as think it's weird. That said, it is a bit weird. Most people would just wear a jacket.
>>
No one gives a fuck about about anything in college. Though I personally prefer to bring a big scarf and wrap that around me
>>
>>17585918

Wear a thick sweater and woolen socks you autistic fucktard
>>
Girls did that all the time when I was in school. Hell they do it where I work too.
>>
>>17585929
That's kind of what I figured. Those blanket scarfs seem a bit pathetic though. I considered them. Also big sweaters. I just prefer a blanket.

>>17585930
I wear like 3 hoodies in layers but still end up cold. It's more about the comfy feel desu. Jackets are uncomfortable.

>>17585922
Jackets aren't comfy like being wrapped in a blanket is. They're more restrictive and don't help with legs.
>>
>>17585945
>Those blanket scarfs seem a bit pathetic though
Says the girl who's asking whether bringing a blanket to class is weird.

Also if you're cold even with that many layers under normal temperatures, you need to see doctor.
>>
>>17585954
Pathetic in the sense that they are thin and not very big. Not that the people who use them are pathetic.

It's something I've always dealt with and when I go to the doctor and say that I've been x for like my whole life but it's uncomfortable she just says some people are like that and sends me off. Did the same thing when I said I was always exhausted for the past 5-6 years. Maybe my doctor is shit. Bloodwork always comes back fine though.

>>17585941
Good to know. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal at all but when I mentioned to people their reactions threw me off.
>>
>>17585962
if you do this sit in the back and make sure that it isn't one of those A-hole professors that will kick you out of class.
>>
>>17585945

Eat more then, feeling cold is because you are a twig or your blood sugar is too low to tenerate heat

Start the day with hot oatmeal, drink tea or coffee and have soups for lunch
>>
If your a guy then its autistic. College fucking sucks, ik. But just wear a jacket like a normal fag
>>
Femanon. I have anxiety too. I carry around a small stuffed bear in my bag. In extreme cases, like going on an interview- I bring my medium sized stuffies, to soothe myself beforehand. Sometimes, if I wanna feel cute, I also carry around my medium sized stuffies.

Currently, heckling the boyf to get me new stuffies.
>>
>>17585918
I saw people walking around in their pajamas while in college. It doesn't really matter, it will seem a little odd however. Why not bring a light coat instead?
>>
>>17585990
Yeah I barely eat. I guess that's why
>>17586272
I would if I cared about making friends but I don't really give a shit about impressing these people. Also I'm a girl.
>>
>>17586291

Wtf are stuffies?

Anyways, OP. College classes aren't designed for you to be "comfy." You can wear a jacket or some normal clothes, like a normal person. I wouldn't necessarily care as your fellow student, and would just think you were weird, but as your professor I would ask you to pack away your blanket and treat the class professionally.

You're not always entitled to being max comfy.
>>
>>17586291
Buy them yourself weirdo.
>>
Yeah if you're a girl you can get away with being 'cute', but there will be some people that will think it's a little weird. You'll get away with it if you're a freshman in a large lecture hall. Small chance the professor will take offense if it's an upper level class, just because it's easier to notice.

Just do it honestly it will make no difference.
>>
>>17586328

Stuffed animals. It's not hard to read context, bro, she even mentioned that she brings stuffed teddy bears.

Lrn2read.
>>
>>17586344

I was hoping that "stuffies" were something different, since the thread is about a blanket, and mentioned some pajamas and stuff... I figured it was that from the context.

A grown woman bringing a teddy bear to an interview would make me laugh her out of the room, but I guess I am on 4chan, after all.
>>
>>17585918

Are we talking about a lecture theater or a classroom?

Also why not just buy a thick coat.

>I'm a girl if it makes a difference.

It makes a difference.
>>
>>17586359
Same femanon. I don't bring them in with me. Sorry for that. I use it to calm down before going into the interview. It works really well :-).
>>
>>17586410
Not to be confused with OP :3c
>>
>>17585918
As long as it's not clearly a baby blanket, you should be okay. A nice fleece throw should work well.
>>
>>17585918
No, especially for those 7/8am classes. If you're a chick people would probably think it was cute (minus the bedhead and pajama pants).

But it's college, you shouldn't give a fuck what people in class think. As long as you're a good student and can network with professors.
>>
If you were a guy I'd say no chance, but like people have said, as a girl you can get away with something like this and make it seem cute.

Why not go looking for a cool piece of comfy cloth in a fabric store and turn it into a shawl, though? You don't even have to sew, just look up the right dimensions and have them cut it that way.
>>
>>17586291
okay that's pretty autistic. I'm just talking about using this for warmth and comfort. No anxiety or weird sentimental shit or pretending to be an adult baby.

>>17586294
I wear a few jackets, too. There's just a point where it's too bulky.

>>17586339
>>17586392
it's a small class. Is it really offensive or disrespectful to the prof? If it is I won't bother.
>>17586428
yeah it's just a soft fleece throw in a lilac colour. No pattern or print or anything.

>>17586498
That's what I figured

>>17586522
Why go to all that trouble when I could just bring a blanket that would be warmer and do a better job?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.