[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idk if anyone will be able to help, but i appreciate any advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (17KB, 230x165px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 230x165px
Idk if anyone will be able to help, but i appreciate any advice. I just got hired into a garage making 12 bucks an hour. The garage is open from 9am to 6pm and i can come in whenever i want to get some hours. The owner is super chill. Anyway, im 18 and so i live with my parents and im also taking 5 classes at a community college. My boss is flexible with my school hours and i can start working right after school and i can worry about the homework on my free time and ill have plenty of time to complete it because its college work and its due a few days after its given. So the school nor work is the problem, its my parents. They tried to talk me out of applying for the garage because the guy who hired me is an cousin and my parents were like "its dangerous to mix family and business." So now that i got the job and im make 12 dollars OFC i want to work as much as i can so i want to be working 40 hours a week to make a decent 23k a year (also paying taxes). Ik i dont have to work that much, but i want to. Work drives me. Anyway, my mom is like "anon, dont count the chickens before theyre hatched. Do you know what that means?" I knew it meant dont feel happy before anything good happens so i said yeah. So she was like "you shouldnt work yourself so hard. And dont think youre rich before you make anything because it might not work out." I really think shes just being a mother and shit but i just feel so held back. Wha do?
>>
>>17585651
They're not trying to hold you back. The thing is that shit can fall apart at any second. Want 23k/year? Just maybe the job might not be there in the next month or so. This depends on how smart and experienced the boss guy is.

I'd ignore the shit I wrote above for now, but realize that you should still look for and know your opportunities. Just take the chance to make some cash, but don't dream it will be there forever.

Can anyone explain why it would ever be dangerous to "mix family and business"?
>>
>>17586473
I appreciate the advice. But basically the thing with family and friends in business is that if something in the business goes wrong, it could shatter the relationship with your friend or family member as well. Like if someone were to be late for work multiple times it wouldnt just be annoying, but also a more personal disrespect. Im not worried about this cause i know i wont fuck up, but sometimes bad coworkers can offend their friends and family if they work with them.
>>
>>17586525
Well, your parents advice does seem a bit random. Maybe they're just worried you won't handle it.

What's exactly holding you back? Do you feel like you could be missing something or lack confidence?
>>
>>17585651
ive worked with family and friends, its just a touchy subject. sooner or later someone will feel taken advantage of: you for being over worked and underpaid or your family for being so lax with you
>>
>>17585651
my suggestion of having a similar situation as you. work part time: ie: 20/hrs a week. this gives you spending money and some freedom to be a kid and have fun and do stupid shit.

$12/hr is nothing thats barely above minimum wage in most places. use the money, have some fun and save some. buy a car and fix it up if you have so much free time. you're 18 you're going to find a girl and she'll take your attention away from work cause vagina is amazing so its better to have family only know the can rely on your a set amount of hours instead of all the hours you want to give them.

also family and work is hard cause they'll sometimes say time is slow we dont have enough to pay you or can you work this extra hour and not get paid or do overtime because you're family and fee obligated
>>
>>17586851
also courses is quite a lot once the course load kicks in and if you're taking new subjects you're going to have far less time to do the work than you think.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.