[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate (technically tenant) is a lazy sack of shit that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1470102662705.jpg (32KB, 499x333px) Image search: [Google]
1470102662705.jpg
32KB, 499x333px
My roommate (technically tenant) is a lazy sack of shit that doesn't contribute to the household items, cleaning, or anything at all. I have tried to address this with him, which he promises to fix, and then does nothing.

The thing is, he's a nice guy, not crazy or anything, quiet, and pays rent on time. If I kicked him out, he doesn't have anywhere to go. He's struggling financially, his parents are gone, he doesn't have any friends that could take him in.

I don't think I can get a non-crazy roommate at my age (30), so kicking him out would essentially mean I just lose his financial contribution to my home. I could afford it, but $600 a month for a room I'm not using is nice. Plus he'd have to go live in his car.

What should I do here?
>>
>>17585165

if he can afford to live with you he can afford to live in a similar situation soemwhere else. you can tell him its not working and give him thirty or sixty or ninety days notice so he has time to find a REAL place, not a last minute one.

you coudl also create a chore chart and hold him to it. you could have a more serious conversation as opposed to a casual one.

but if i had to guess you'll insist that none of this would work.
>>
Just tell him you'll hike up the rent to compensate for his lack of responsibility are participation for household goods and services. It's not fair to you to pay for his own household items and labor over his messes when he's the one old enough to take care of that himself.
>>
>>17585165
You cant physically force him to change, only kick him out.
>>
>>17585169

Sorry, I guess I should have noted, this guy IS a friend, so I'd like to keep this from getting testy between us. There's nothing particularly wrong with telling him it's not working and kicking him out, but I also don't want to deal with a tantrum for 30-60 days.

The chore chart probably won't work because there's another person living in the house, and I don't want to monitor people's chores and act like their parent.

Still decent thoughts. I'd really like to settle this more amicably though.
>>
>>17585182

thats the thing though is you basically say that any amicable option does not work.

you have to choose what is most important, cuz you cannot have the cake and eat it too.

and im not saying you are wrong for saying that these things wont work. some people are simply unchangeable. but that means you either have to accept life as it is, or take the less amicable route. in the perfect world you could do this and remain besties but thats life.

act authentically.
>>
Only two was I know of that can resolve this

Chore chart
Split the bill on a maid
>>
>>17585199

My other roommate and I split the bill on a maid - shit roommate doesn't contribute, but still gets clean toilets and shit.

I'm not confident that I'll keep up with a chore chart myself. Both in building it, and doing "my" chores when they're supposed to be done. It should just be "clean up after yourself."
>>
>>17585218
so increase the rent and make him chip in
>>
>>17585218

yeah you gotta make him chip in if you got a maid dude. i mean it may not be fair to insist since he didnt agree to that on mvoing in, but if this is gonna keep happening you gotta either have em pay or give him moe out notice.
>>
>>17585218
Option 3: telepathically force your roommate to clean more by posting on Japanese woodcrafting chat forums
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.