/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accidentaly posted this on /r9k/. I need help /adv/ How do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1451646704628.jpg (10KB, 136x130px) Image search: [Google]
1451646704628.jpg
10KB, 136x130px
Accidentaly posted this on /r9k/. I need help /adv/
How do I become funny? Today I went to town with my crush and we had a lot of time to talk. And dont get me wrong I didnt sperg out and there wasnt awkward silence between us we laughed a bit but I feel like I could have done better. I know people who can make people laugh like every damn second. Not even chads, just average guys. Am I just not cut out for being a funny guy?
>>
Sarcastic comments, self deprecating humor, and fucking with people who know you're joking.

Be careful with what you say for the last thing with women. With guy friends there's really no filter, as most of the time, your guy friends will know you're joking, whereas a girl might take something to heart.
>>
>>17584710
self deprecating humor might work but I dont want to make a clown out of myself. I try to dress smartly and take things seriously but not too much.
>>
>>17584817
you don't have to go very far with the deprecation's.

Try to not take thing seriously at all. Because if you do people will give you a ton of shit for it.
>>
>>17584695
I'm one of those funny people I also went on a date this weekend and made her laugh the whole time

You have to be attentive to your surroundings, pick out inconsistencies and what the other anon said don't take things too seriously. Not to say you shouldn't ever be serious because then you're just a clown

Just like anything else there's a balance to it, just gotta practice. Though fair warning you're gonna piss off some people who think you're serious and people who are notoriously funny also have higher instances of depression
>>
>>17584865
Forgot to mention: everyone has different humor. Some people find me incredibly annoying and some have said I'm the funnest person they know. Just dont take it personally and remember you can't please everyone
>>
True humor and wit cant exactly be practiced. Its not about having canned jokes or lines in your head, its simply about being very observant and aware of present situations.

All of the things ive said in life that people around me found hysterically funny were things that kind of just came out of my mouth instantly, without any pre-thought or planning.

Likewise, all the most cringey things I said in my life were things that I thought about in my head beforehand before I spoke them aloud.
>>
>>17584695
everyone clicks differently with different people bro.
>>
>>17584710
>>17584865
>You have to be attentive to your surroundings, pick out inconsistencies

sage advice. I wanted to say the same thing but I didn't know how to word it. OP take note.
>>
Humor relies on the unexpected (joke = setup + listener's expected reality + subversion of expectation (punchline)). If you want to be funny verbally, this requires a strong command of language, knowledge of "rules" be they social, linguistic, etc in order to subvert these rules. To people with funny parents, this sort of thinking comes naturally, and very rarely would any "naturally" funny person try and put humor in such an autistic context. But, I think that even those not naturally gifted could cultivate a sense of humor if they observe the world enough.

Food for thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI
>>
>>17584894
Yes I noticed funny people do that a lot. My friend is always able to find some bullshit around him and toy with it to make people laugh. But never happened to me though...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.