[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a somewhat difficult position. I'm an awkward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: jam.jpg (83KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
jam.jpg
83KB, 980x490px
I'm in a somewhat difficult position. I'm an awkward guy with semi self confidence issues. I tend to usually feel that if a woman in attracted to me that I'm probably not good for them. And when certain ones give me the slightest amount of attention, I tend to somewhat develop feelings for them.
Anyhow, at work there's this girl I work with, who is affiliated with us but employed with another company. She's positive, adorable, vibrant and full of life; a genuine person. Almost the polar opposite of me but someone that would be good for me.
We get along well. I crack jokes and she tells me how funny I am. We tease each other and usually gab a bit too much as there's actual immediate work to do (that starts to feel to get in the way).

My issue is I want to make this more than just some work friendship and make it a relationship. The concern for me is that I feel that I might have misconstrue the friendship and felt more for her than she does for me. This has happened a couple times before, and I make the move to ask out and get rejected.

So /adv/ I'm wondering what's the best thing to do? Carry on the friendship and bottle these feelings? Or is it worth the risk of asking her out even though this could blow up in my face again?
>>
>>17582972

>Carry on the friendship and bottle these feelings? Or is it worth the risk of asking her out even though this could blow up in my face again?

Every time you ask a girl out you're risking the chance of her saying no.

There is no way around that.

Weigh your options. Make your choice.
>>
>>17582972
>Carry on the friendship

No

>ask her out
Yes

>dating at work
If she's employed by another company, do it. Just make sure this doesn't conflict with work and make you risk losing your job.
>>
>>17582972

If you feel she is gonna say "yes", risk it. But remember it's a risk, she can say "no".
>>
>>17582980
>>17582991
>>17583000
I've always been really awful at picking up on signals and flirting, so this could just be her personality to be 100% nice.
But there's a part of me that feels like she might be feeling the same as me.

As I said before, we work together but only a few shifts a week, so if things don't go how I wish them to it could be a rough two days a week.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had a workplace relationship and if it worked well.
>>
>>17583075

If you are doubting, then don't do it. Trust your gut.
>>
>>17583083
My gut is saying the reward is worth the risk. And if I do ask her out and she doesn't feel the same, I could possibly save face and make it about being friends.
>>
>>17583102

>I've always been really awful at picking up on signals and flirting, so this could just be her personality to be 100% nice.

You clearly have doubts. Trust that instinct. I'm pretty ure this will work against you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.