[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no friends >not close with family >no dating/sex life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1454299402263.png (193KB, 559x558px) Image search: [Google]
1454299402263.png
193KB, 559x558px
>no friends
>not close with family
>no dating/sex life to speak of

How does one build a social life from the ground up?
>>
Join a meet up group based on your interests. Proceed from there.
>>
>>17582847

I know this sounds weird, but don't go out "looking for people". Just do shit you like and meet them. Don't "try".
>>
>>17582866
I've been on my own pretty much my whole life, so everything I like doing is solitary.
>>
>>17582847

externalize your interests in order to meet others. remember that the endgame of every interaction ISNT to make a new friend, but rather to see if someone is worth investing more time in. its okay if they're not. most people arent. but you arent there to make friends, you are there to see if anyone is a match.

meetup.com is a great way. i attended a few anime parties to meet people on the same nerd spectrum i was and go from there.

but its as easy as say, going to barnes and noble and hanging out in your favorite aisle. I went there and just hung out in the manga aisle and struck up conversation with anyone reading manga id read. if i got a good vibe and i didnt recognize hteir manga id just ask about it, explaining im only recently started to get into manga again and not sure where to start.

then you invite them to do things that have a pretense, but allow for bonding. i for instance invited a few over for anime marathons, mostly of shows or movies we'd seen before so we can caht and get to know each other but enjoy things together.

if ur first response to tihs is 'HUR DUR ALL MY INTERESTS ARE INTROVERTED' then you are simply TRYING to give up.

you can argue that reading is solitary, but it doesn't have to be. there are book clubs. there are book stores. there are literature discussion groups.

drawing is solitary but there are art classes. there are meetups where people just draw and drink coffee and chat all day.

you can argue that 4cha is solitary, but i had two birthday parties where all i did was invite people from /b/ and some of em ended up becoming friends.

there are meetups for furries and meetups for people who just want to talk about buffy

o whatever ur interest, you can still find a group that at least wants to talk about it.

and if you isnist your hobby wont translate into discussion then TRY SOMETHING NEW. theres dodgeball slack lining yoga sword fighting classes. there are horror movie screenings. there are nudist hikes.
>>
>>17582875

DOn't you work? Go to classes? Something with people?
>>
>>17582911
I work and I get along with the people there. I've been invited out two different times and never went out again with either. I've invited people to do stuff and they always decline. Also I seem to be left out of most of the "gossip." Funny because everyone at least acts like they really like me.
>>
>>17582988
you need some kind of hobby that'll put you into social situations. Something that has a club near you, you might need to explore and try new hobbies but what's the harm in that? You might be surprised and find a fun new hobby. That or go to church.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.