[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you bring up the subject that you think might not be for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How do you bring up the subject that you think might not be for you to your parents? Im currently attending university, and to be honest I would rather do just about anything else. Not to mention I'm more of a work-with-my-hands kind of guy. For quite a while I've wanted to live off the land in the wilderness somewhere(yes, i've fully researched and explored this idea so please dont try and convince me I wouldnt enjoy this) or being a farmer. Lately both of these ideas have seemed incredibly attractive. I just dont know how I would bring up an idea like that to my parents who pay for my college and have raised me with the sort of mentality that college is the only option
>>
>>17582390
Can you get a job in a farm to see what it's like before you go for it? As a summer job or something. And take courses in college for agriculture farming and shit. It doesn't have to be a waste of time, does it?
>>
>>17582390
Assuming you are American, don't even think about farming as a livelihood. Tons of work for little pay, corporate farms, and you need capital to start a shitty business with the above traits.
>>
>>17582401
It's possible but it would require lots of juggling. I would probably have to transfer schools when the semester ends, which isnt for a while, to a school with an agricultural program. And with a college schedule that would basically mean no job. Basically I'd have to try to get a job during summer break
>>
>>17582425
This is the general consensus i've gotten. Anyhow, those arent the only two things i'd enjoy. I've done a little time in a good number of trades that I would probably find more fulfilling
>>
you need to just tell it to them, say that you appreciate everything they've done for you but you don't think college is really right for you at the moment and you want to take some time off to work while you figure out just exactly it is you want to do with your life.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.