[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to open my binder to study and do hw..its right next to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473446316361.jpg (28KB, 414x414px) Image search: [Google]
1473446316361.jpg
28KB, 414x414px
i want to open my binder to study and do hw..its right next to me, but i cant. had this problem for years unless its the last minute sometimes i even do hw before class. yes i have adhd but what can i do? and dont suggest adderall because it doesnt work.
>>
>>17581291
do u think its motivation energy or depression ?
>>
Just do your home work.
Stop hiding behind a misdiagnosed illness.
>>
>>17581296
what makes you think its misdiagnosed?
>>
Discipline yourself the world is full of hoops you don't want to jump through and you need to get used to the idea
>>
>>17581309
As 20% are misdiagnosed.
>>
>>17581291
Just fucking do it.
Jesus.
Stop overthinking it.
>>
Stop using your handicap as an excuse.
>>
I don't know. Maybe read articles on why procrastination happens and how it is not healthy.

I think we get confused into thinking it's healthy when we start doing it with matters that don't matter. Oh, I'll take the trash out later. I'll do this 2nd grade math homework at the last minute. Okay, perfect. Hey, I consolidated all of my work.

Now when you add real world problems into the equation, it doesn't work. It becomes, my girlfriend is coming over and everything is a mess. I haven't written my paper yet. This is bad. There's not enough time to do all of this.

Then you start stressing out every time there's a deadline, and might even procrastinate worse since procrastination is what made you feel good in the past. This creates a pattern that is habitual and makes no sense.

How do you break it? Open the binder and do the work. Pop an Ativan, not an Adderal. (A bath with candles is a lot better than an Ativan, but you get the picture).
>>
Well obviously you aren't motivated to do it. no one WANTS to do it, which is why many people procrastinate. People get around to doing it in the end though because they know they need to. Like in Regular Show how Benson yells at Mordecai and Rigby and they get back to work.But I'm sure you'd rather not have it be like that everytime. I'd say you need to try out a schedule, do it everytime as soon as you get home if possible. Getting it out of the way right away is the best option. I've noticed if I wait I just get tired and less motivated, just doing it the earliest possible is the best, and having a set time everyday to do it creates a habit and it gets easier. Just try your best man, and remember it will pay off. If you can think of a specific career path that you want to do think doing this homework now will be worth it so you can pursue that. If you are like me and haven't figured that out yet then just think you are doing this now to be successful and have your options open
>>
>>17581291
This is what happens to people who aren't raised by firm parents.
There are some things in life that you just do because you have to.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.