[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where or How do I go about looking for a girlfriend, for a long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Kaiji.jpg (96KB, 525x295px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji.jpg
96KB, 525x295px
Where or How do I go about looking for a girlfriend, for a long term and serious relationship?

I'll try to keep my story as short as possible, sorry if tl;dr.

I'm not anti social but never had a lot a friends, so my circle is small. Not poor, not ugly, not overweight, I've always had this mindset that I'd eventually meet the girl of my dreams one day.

Now I'm 31, still no girlfriend. People around me tell me bulshit like "You'll be ok, men get more attractive with age". What they say doesn't concern me, time doesn't concern me either. But I'm getting real fucking lonely these days, especially with people around me getting married/having kids. Valentine/Christmas/New Years just completely sucks.

I'm not really looking for the cliche advice you can find on google, like "go to a gym", I really don't see that working for me. I've thought about dating sites, but free ones seem ...weird and paid ones feel like scams.

What are my options?
>>
>>17580603
Well here's my first question: how many girls have you asked out?

That was always my fault when I was an angry virgin, I sat around and waited for women to just flock around me and the rare occasion that happened I was too inexperienced and autistic to do anything about it.

So that's my starting point. How much effort do you put in pursuing the opposite sex
>>
>>17580603
So are you a virgin?
>>
>>17580612

Next to none. But I understand your point, part of my problem is I don't know where to look.

I get that I need to be proactive about it, but I just don't have any potential targets.
>>
>>17580603
Download tinder and start dating girls from there then. My cousin finds girls from there since he can't find in a different way
>>
>>17580615

Yes
>>
>>17580624
Do you think that the fact that you are virgin gives you a lot of stress and that's why you can't ask for out any girl?
>>
>>17580617
Ok at least we know where we stand.

Do you work? Go to school? Have male friends?
A girlfriend isn't an end all goal, if the answer to the above is all no I'd suggest getting your life together first. If you've already got those things together then be more social with the people you know.

People will introduce you to others and on and on. Rome wasn't built in a day and you need to build up a social framework before you're gonna get a good chance at a girlfriend. No one wants a fat angry virgin neet for a boyfriend, just like you don't presumably want the equivalent for a girlfriend.
>>
>>17580630

I work, as a manager and fairly well paid. I get along well with people at work.

I have male and female friends, just not a lot of them.

>17580629

I don't think so. But if I have to point out the problem, I would say I have been too picky in waiting for that 'dream girl'. I never asked out any of the girls around me because I didn't want them as girlfriend material. There's been very few girls that I really like and got along well with, but they have boyfriends already.
>>
>>17580630

This poster has it down.

OP is going to find it very hard to find a person to enjoy spending time with for the rest of his life (ideally) if he doesn't want to spend much time with people to begin with.

Get a list of activities you enjoy and then you can work from there to find meeting places, get togethers, and other social activities that allow you to enjoy your activities and meet people.
>>
>>17580662

Walk us through your average week. What time do you wake up. What time do you go to work? What time do you get off work? What do you do for the rest of the day?
>>
>>17580673

Basically work from 9am-6pm, sometimes later depending on how busy it is. Generally spend the rest of the night on the computer.

Weekends, I'll usually have 1 afternoon/night doing something with my friends, will sometimes spend time with my family then other times, it's back to the computer.

>>17580666

I'll take that on board
>>
>>17580724
Best advice I can give you is you need to openly pursue women, since you seem relatively normal. Assuming you're not grossly overweight and take good care of yourself in general you should be okay
>>
>>17580724
>Generally spend the rest of the night on the computer.

This is why you aren't meeting new people (including that girlfriend you want). That is, unless you spend your time on the computer talking to new people you're going to meet up with offline.

And you don't even bother saying what you do "on the computer" which leads me to believe you just read articles, post on boards/social media, and watch video clips. Basically just nothing.

You need to develop some actual interests/skills/hobbies that will allow you to carry on a conversation that consists of more than the latest click-bait article you read or what other people are doing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.