[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question. Is there a possibility for me to make career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1410505187462468212.jpg (235KB, 464x618px) Image search: [Google]
1410505187462468212.jpg
235KB, 464x618px
Quick question. Is there a possibility for me to make career in nyc? I've got masters degree from accountancy and finance on the best economic school in Poland, ACCA certification, making fair money in here but I want something more and just got an opportunity to move on. Do big players like jpmorgan recruit only from american universities, or I can get through this?
>>
>>17580578
There's always a chance but understand that you're going to move all the way to the bottom of the pile.
>>
>>17580592
I mean, if there is even a point in moving there. I have a life standard similar to the standard I would have earning about 80k usd in there, should I at least achieve the same in nyc during upcoming, I don't know, 5 years?
I was one of the best on my year by the way, think it would matter
>>
bump, I don't believe no one has idea to answers
>>
>>17580608
It won't matter. You could have been the best in Europe, once you come to the US you're gonna be the very back of the line. It may be worth it for you but I know a lot of people who have relocated and some spend 10 years clawing their way back to where they started at home. I'm not saying don't do it but it has to be worth it for you. The people I know who relocated had other concerns apart from career so that made it work
>>
Wouldn't you have to relearn everything since taxes are done differently in Poland?
>>
File: HYUCK.png (19KB, 95x77px) Image search: [Google]
HYUCK.png
19KB, 95x77px
>>17580578
This place is fucking cancer. Do NOT move to New York City. DO. NOT. DO. IT.

Alcoholic night lifers are the only people you can meet. They're absolutely god awful.

Go to Canada. Go to Utah, they're having an economy boom right now. Go to fucking Nigeria. ANYWHERE but NYC. I fucking hate this place.

STAY
THE
FUCK
AWAY!

Everybody here is a workaholic, alcoholic and a poser.
>>
>>17580910
I knew about everything besides alcoholism in there, however I'm extremely ambitious so I think I would fit workaholics great.
If not NY, I'm gonna probably move to London soon
>>
A friend of mine just came up with an idea. What if I would get a masters in finance degree on HEC Paris or some american university? Will it do?
>>
>>17581712
Read this post again : >>17580896
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.