[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my boyfriend to stop acting so depressed and upset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: nightman.jpg (232KB, 426x639px) Image search: [Google]
nightman.jpg
232KB, 426x639px
How do I get my boyfriend to stop acting so depressed and upset all the time?

When I fell in love with him, it felt like he barely had time for me. He was really popular, funny, and I enjoyed being around him. Fast forward about a half a year and now its like he acts really depressed and just in general acts like some beta from /r9k/. He insists that he's not depressed but he doesn't really seem like he has friends anymore. I'm bipolar and he was kind of my base and really helped me keep my emotions under control, but now its like he depends on me emotionally and doesn't have anyone else and it feels like its not good for me or him.

What do I do? He insists he is fine but me and even other people have noticed how he's changed.
>>
>>17580004
You are really a huge cunt.
Be there for him, make him feel loved and cared for, and tell him that many people noticed he changed and you're worried. Be a decent person.
If you don't want to put up with it, leave him. He'll find someone better.
>>
>>17580006
It's not like I said "Hey man, noticed you lost all your friends or something, good luck with that!"

I have been making him feel loved and I have done exactly that. I've discussed that me and other people have noticed a changed we don't think is for the best. I just worry that I'm not going to be enough for him if he only has just me and no one else.
>>
>>17580004
>>17580008
How about telling us what he does for a living, and if anything has changed with that. Goddamn, think.
>>
>>17580008
Stop making it about you.
You have been worrying about you a lot but I haven't seen one concern about him and his well being.
Probably there is something going on, prove him you're a person he can trust with that.
>>
>>17580016
His work has not really changed. He's still doing what he's been doing forever. The only thing at all that I can think of that has changed is we both decided recently we were going to find a place for us to move into together.

>>17580017
Well he recently lied to me about something huge over the course of a month. I feel uneasy trusting 100% of everything he says now.

I have tried to tell him that he seems a little off, I have asked him to talk to me about it, I have told him that as long as he tells me the truth I won't be as upset as if he hides something from me.

This is not the person I fell in love with, I want him to go back to that person. I don't think I am at fault for looking after my interests in a relationship.
>>
>>17580034
Alright, his work's the same. Who are these other people you mention that notice he's changed? Ask them some questions. When did you first notice the change? How often are you two having sex? Did he used to initiate more? When did he stop? Did he gain weight? Did you gain weight? Think of EVERYTHING.
>>
Just break up, you sound like a dick. If my gf would post of adv asking why I was said instead of talking to me I would break up with you. I honestly doubt you're perfect, look at yourself. What you have done? Cheat on him? Talk with other guys? Stop making this about you.
>>
>>17580043
Exactly what I was thinking
>>
>>17580041
Again, nothing has really changed other than some stupid drama shit with this friends, which I suspect might be the cause but again, he's very adamant about it not affecting him in the slightest and I don't want to be annoying so I just let it go.

>>17580043
Had a long talk with him tonight though. I'm just trying to look for anything to help. I still dream about him and a few nights ago I had a nightmare where he died and I had to see his grave every day and I woke up crying.

I've not cheated on him and at worst I barely flirted with another guy and I felt so bad about it, I told him about it right after.

I'm not here posting as an alternative to talking to him about this. We talk all the time about it but the result never seems to change. I try to ask him what's been going on, he tells me nothing no matter what I say, but then continues to act like something is wrong.

I just really don't know what to do.
>>
>>17580053
Man. Hard situation if he's closing himself off. Free bump.
>>
>>17580053
Unless he opens up there's not a lot you can do, sorry OP
>>
You sound selfish

You said he was your base and helped you with your bipolar but you dont have the decency to help him through the dark times, not cool.

Maybe he's been drained by your emotional vampirism.
>>
>>17580099
>Clearly the answer

OP, it sounds like he's lost his sense of self. If he says something negative about himself make it positive. You can't make him the exact same person, but boosting his confidence is going to make him a better him. Try to keep him distracted from dwelling too much on negative thought patterns, but balance that with allowing him space when needed don't make it obvious you are trying to boost morale because it will backfire. Be sure to notice when he does something or thank him occasionally for things he does all the time. It's a deep pit, but if I can claw out anyone can. I will never be the same person I was 7 years ago, but honestly I think I'm better than my old self.
>>
>>17580099
is this virus ?
>>
>>17580118
>downloadconfirm.net
Nono, it's legit. Click the link, anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.