[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have an associates degree (AAS), I go to college from 1-4pm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: associates-degree-diploma.jpg (22KB, 718x409px) Image search: [Google]
associates-degree-diploma.jpg
22KB, 718x409px
So, I have an associates degree (AAS), I go to college from 1-4pm monday-friday. Pursuing accounting if that matters. What can I do for a job with the associates degree?
>>
Do you have any work experience? Anything at all, even if it's not related?
>>
>>17579276
I have worked as a cashier, and a porter at a dealership. No clubs, or anything in college due to averaging 18 credit hours.

I have experience in fixing cars due to my hobby. (None of it on the books) by experience I mean I can tear down a rotary engine, do bushings, breaks, replace parts (i.e motor mounts, head gaskets, gaskets, you name it, I replace it).

I have fixed computers for a side business (None of it on the books). Diagnosing and replacing hardware (I.E, hard drive, motherboard, lcd, you name it I replace it.) on boh PC and Laptop. Also a lot of software troubleshooting and recommendations.
>>
>>17579299
I have about 20 regular customers for the computer repair, although it is not sustainable due to the nature of the job. AKA. I would need a bigger customer base to make it my job. Usually I have the same people come back every 1/2 a year, so I earn about $2000 every 6 months.
>>
Bump, someone must have experience in this situation...
>>
>>17579311
Off topic but would you maybe have some advice for me how to start out with a computer/smartphone repair business? I live in a town where there's no computer/smartphone repair shop closer than a half hour drive away.
>>
>>17579488
Mine started from one customer, (Family friend) she gave my number to 2 customers, then those 2 gave my number to 2 other customers, until it died down and stopped at around 20 customers total. So find that one good customer and hopefully she refers you to more people.

Of course there may be better ways, but that's how I did it. Let your friends/ family friends know you can fix PC's. Most of my customers are 50+ Years old fyi... Elderly people need this service more.
>>
>>17579488
There will be someone from your family/friends that will need a virus deleted/ hard drive replaced, which should be fairly simple. Do not charge them a lot, and they will let other people know.
>>
>>17579527
>>17579538
Thanks for the advice. And yeah I figured that much for the elderly people. Ever dealt with customers that said you broke their computer or someting?
>>
>>17579548
Nope, I usually fix them. I have had one which I was not able to diagnose. Told her to take it to a reputable computer technician for second opinion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.