[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I've been sick for almost two weeks now. Symptoms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hey guys I've been sick for almost two weeks now. Symptoms are uncontrollable cough, headache, sore body, sore lumpy throat, etc. I went to the doctors four days ago and all they told me was that it would clear up in two days. Its not getting any better though, it's getting worse. It's gotten to the point where I have trouble sleeping at night because I keep coughing. It's hard to swallow food because it irritates my throat. I also literally shit out foam and cloudy water. I don't know what this is and I don't know what to. Please help.
>>
>>17579237
Before picture
>>
When you're sick those nodes and shit in the back of your tongue and throat can swell up. They're not really a symptom of anything specific.
>>
>trusting one doctors opinion
Kek, people die from that all the time
>>
>>17579246
I know, that's why I'm here. I don't know where to turn to.

>>17579241
I've had this for two weeks though. That's way too long.
>>
>>17579241
This. Go back since it's not getting better. Have them do a swab and get some antibiotics
>>
>>17579250
Go to some random walk in clinic that doesn't have the same doctor
>>
>>17579250

Had something similar a few years back, really sore throat, kept me from sleeping, woke up crying a couple of times just from the sheer pain. Nothing by mouth seemed to help, ibuprofen, etc. Had it for about two weeks, finally just went to the ER because it didn't seem to be getting any better was told it was viral pharyngitis and, of course, being viral ain't shit they could do for me but give me painkillers. Ended up clearing up a couple of days later.

I agree with the other anons that you should get it looked at again but there still might not be anything they can do for you other than painkillers and telling you to wait it out.
>>
>>17579237
Drink as much as possible, OP! Try cool, non-carbonated liquids and see if that helps. Might reduce swelling. Maybe try some warm liquids and see if that feels good. Bottom line is that you need to flush this thing out of your body and pushing your fluids will only expedite the process! As my mom, the RN says, "Drink and pee!" :)
Also, if warm liquids aren't painful, try gargling warm salt water. I have a strong gag reflex when gargling salt water but see if you can do it. And replenish electrolytes, don't dilute yourself while trying to flush out this bug! It can make you feel woozy.
>>
>>17579237
You've got the flu or pharangytis.

Bed rest. Fluids, plain water, Gatorade if you can stomach it (small amounts) and some food when you can.

To help with the throat pain use a topical pain reliever in a gargle, even gargling soluble aspirin will help (swallow it after gargling).

If you running a high temperature control it with cold compresses and analgesics (ibuprofen, paracetamol) but watch the doses (don't combine with cold tablets if the same active ingredients used).

If your temperature remains very high and you are deteriorating then go back to the clinic.
>>
Gargle some honey mixed with warm water. Go back to the doc and tell them all this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.