[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't feel anything. I'm in my second year of uni.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 080800.jpg (43KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
080800.jpg
43KB, 1278x1181px
I don't feel anything. I'm in my second year of uni.
My dad finally left my mom and I don't care.
I don't have any friends and I don't want any.
I'm voting Trump because I want something exciting (bad?) to happen.
My grades are almost perfect.
Are these bad things?
>>
I hit the same stages in second year of uni... (not in the same political cycle obviously).. but i'm telling you.. do something during the summer of your sophomore to junior year that will re-ground your focus. I'm telling you.. buckle down now, or shit will suck for the next 10-15 years as you try to regain the income you could have been making because you buckled down..

TL;DR - opportunity cost b/w studying and feeling sorry as fuck for yourself.
>>
Choosing not to feel anything is a coping mechanism.

Often when we feel overwhelmed or like things are too much, we just shut down feeling in order to get through.

If I were you, I'd let yourself start feeling things again. Otherwise, I'd say it will come back and bite you, quite hard.

This is just in my experience, but sincerely.
>>
>>17579242
I second this.
I often still find myself trying to "robot" (not in the /r9k/ way) myself when I get overwhelmed, often socially.
What I do then when it gets socially awkward or I get overwhelmed for a longer period of time is me just going into work mode and focusing on studies and saving & making money. It's a very good strategy because I just put my shit aside and it's better long term. But it's also really bad because now I have a really small and loose social circle because of it, I'd like it to be bigger but I don't have many friends now and it feels like when I actually want to be social, I have to iniatate it because everyone thinks I am an autistic nerd, which is sort of true.

Tbh OP, it's not really bad itself, if you can manage to get good grades and improve yourself that's great. The period in which I got the most /fit/ was like this, it came from social anxiety and I wanted to think about something else.

I guess the psychiatrist or some shit answer would be to face your problems and allow yourself to feel or whatever, but personally I've just gone into no feelings mode whenever I need it and it works well. Although you need to know you'll damage some relationships because you seem careless.

>TL;DR: it's fine bro just make sure you're productive at least, you do care you just push emotions away because they're really heavy
>>
>>17579120
you sound like a sociopath
>>
>>17579120
sounds like the medication is working
when you finish school
you'll make a great drone
invest your money in a mortgage, car, and other expenses
pay all your bills for the next 30 years
have a wife, have children
work at a career professionally
have a good retirement package
have long term health because you never did anything dangerous
never venture more than 200 miles from home (maybe one or two caribbean vacations)
retire
die
>>
>>17579483
Fuck
Not OP but how do I avoid this? I'm also a second year in uni.
>>
>>17579491
if you want to follow this formula because you think it is safe and that is what everyone expects of you
go ahead
but i suggest one change
before you get too old
insert into your life schedule, one free year while you are young and in your 20s
get all the money you can get, beg and borrow from family and friends, cash in what you are willing to let go of now
go travel for a few months in exotic parts of the world
when you get back, you may be delayed and be behind everyone else by a year but at least you did something while you still could
i'm 40 now and i still regret not doing more when i was in my 20s
>>
>>17579483
What a nightmare living in a hellscape of plentiful food to eat, women to fuck and easy access to healthcare, vidya games, and the ability to buy an atv and zoop zoop inna woods.

His life is a waking hell! He'll only go to the Caribbean twice and they don't have water and alcohol at home like they do there!

He'll have to put a pool in his backyard and the trucks will be loud for a month or two!
>>
>>17579504
>go travel for a few months in exotic parts of the world
and how does this exactly change your life?
>>
File: phuket.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
phuket.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>17579784
maybe it will
maybe it won't
it all depends on you
right now all you can think about (like most responsible people is what to do with your life)
i've travelled often enough (in my 30s) to have met plenty of retirees that did the right things in life (job, marriage, children, retirement) and in the end have old health, no energy and no enthusiasm to enjoy things like travelling or moving around - when you are retired, you prefer to stay at home visiting the grandkids, mowing the lawn, go for coffee at mcdonalds and watching tv
instead their regret is not having done the travelling and exploring when they were younger instead
in short, go see the world now as a young man/woman who will have fun because you won't be able to later as an elderly retiree won't doesn't enjoy long plane rides, late nights, long walks, running around, partying or meeting new people
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.