[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family had a big, violent fight a couple months ago. I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1472975461514.jpg (12KB, 237x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472975461514.jpg
12KB, 237x250px
My family had a big, violent fight a couple months ago.

I thought I would be living as a bum in the bay area but we somehow patched things up. But I'm not completely OK, it seems.

I'm asking because I want to know if I need to go to therapy for PTSD or just hop on xanax, or SOMEthing. It seems like I can't be alone in the family house anymore, even with my doors closed. I'm always hypervigilant, listening to every footstep, bump, anything that happens in our house. God forbid someone raises their voice - my body completely freezes up, my mind goes blank. I also cant sleep deeply anymore. It feels like I wake up like a motorcycle going 0-120 in 5 seconds.

Maybe therapy, maybe meds, but for sure I'm getting the feeling that I have to move out, but I think if I leave, I'll never come back. Ever. I want to address this and stop being so damn gunshy.
>>
bump..
>>
last try
>>
Then leave. If you don't feel safe then get out of there asap
>>
>>17578885
more details on fight please
>>
My mother has been very abusive to me since I was a child. Here's a tip from me to you: people don't change who they are at their core. They'll feel guilty, maybe apologize for what they do, but at the end of the day I've learned that people will never be able to act against that nature. And if that nature is destructive or hostile towards you... well, it sucks, but that's how it is.

Ask yourself something. Would you rather live in a place that terrifies you and hope things will get better, or would you rather feel safe when you try to sleep at night? Would you rather medicate yourself through drugs or therapy to dull your reaction to the situation, or not be in that situation in the first place?

It sounds to me like you already know the answer. And it sucks, sure. You don't want to burn that bridge, because it sounds like you care about your family and want things to get better.

But unless you take charge of your own circumstances, they won't. I don't mean to sound like a prick, but that's just how life works.
>>
>>17579397
I guess they have been very good to me for the past few months since then. I would have never imagined it, but my mother stopped being a giant cunt to my dad. Not only does she actually respond to him, they built their relationship back up. They banter like before. It's amazing.

So... that makes me happy. I'm just saying that I still have those scars.
>>
>>17579625
Go to therapy OP. Even if thing got better you still have scars as you said.
>>
>>17579632
youre right, anon. its really the only way. i dont have to get on meds, right?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.