[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If black people don't give a shit about white people, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: 1466113932670.png (8KB, 261x359px) Image search: [Google]
1466113932670.png
8KB, 261x359px
If black people don't give a shit about white people, why should white people ever give a shit about black people?

t. person who is not a full blown racist but concerned with the overall hypocrisy
>>
>>17578597
My dad is white and my mom is black. They loved each other enough to make me. Your mind blown yet?
>>
It's an American thing not a race thing.
>>
File: 1376905313988.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
1376905313988.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>17578597

Because black people were forced in slavery for hundreds of years, spit out of slavery and systematically socioeconomically crushed under the boot of segregation and discrimination for another hundred years and white people weren't?

I know this is bait but before the /pol/ machine revs up and starts spinning at top RPM I just want to say that no one is wanting white people to apologize for being white or to take responsibility for what happened 200 years ago but you have to remember that the civil rights movement was only 45 years ago.

The pain and hurt of hundreds of years and slavery just doesn't disappear with a couple generations. I'm black and I grew up with stories from my father and grandfather about my dad getting rocks thrown at him when he rode his bike through white neighborhoods and my grandfather going to the shitty black grade school on the poor side of town where the books were hand-me-downs and the walls had black mold while the whites went to the nice new school.

The hurt is still very fresh for a lot of people and just because you were born in a time where lynchings and cross burnings weren't commonplace doesn't mean there isn't things going on that you don't see.

Also, "blacks don't give a shit about white people" is kind of a loaded, inaccurate statement. I think more accurately it would be that black people are kind of tired of white people pretending like racism is over just to protect their own feelings and avoiding an uncomfortable conversation.

Its like kicking a guy in the ribs with steel toed boots for hundreds of years and then when the kicking finally stops you want to take issue with and roll your eyes at the fact that the guy is still limping around complaining about his injuries.

For every black person that uses the race card to explain every wrong thing in their life there is a white person who thinks that not seeing racism regularly means that its over.

There's problems everywhere.
>>
>>17578609
Nobody cares
>>
>>17578666

I would counter by saying that everyone feels like their own problems are the most intense struggle imaginable, while everyone else's troubles have a simple and easy solution. This isn't racism, it's human nature.

That and, "Got Mine, Fuck You," is as American as Mom and apple pie.
>>
>>17578714

>I would counter by saying that everyone feels like their own problems are the most intense struggle imaginable, while everyone else's troubles have a simple and easy solution. This isn't racism, it's human nature.

I didn't say it was racism. Not intentional racism, anyways. For example, I think a lot of white people do or say racist things that don't "hate" black people in the slightest and may even have a few black acquaintances that they enjoy.

Accepting the weird inequality that we live with today has been a social programming in the works for the past couple hundred of years.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've been told "Oh my, you are so well spoken!" or "Wow you're tall, do you play basketball?" or "Man, you're the whitest black guy I know!!"

Do these things come from a place of hate? Absolutely not. Its ignorance, and in many cases, willful ignorance.

I think its not so much that everyone else's troubles have a simple solution as it is "If I pretend that there are no problems then I don't have to take part in solving it."

Deny deny deny. Its the only way to keep the reality we've created for ourselves intact. Anything that threatens our preconceived notions of the world and the way it is is often met with aggression and sometimes violence.

However, the "Got mine, fuck you" part I 100% agree with. That has more to do with capitalism than anything and it just so happens that capitalism typically benefits those whose families had access to the resources and land owning/business opportunities during western expansion and the industrial revolution, i.e., white people.
>>
>>17578609
I also have a jungle fever fetish
>>
>>17578714

>I would counter by saying that everyone feels like their own problems are the most intense struggle imaginable

Also, I would mention the fact that even though a lot of the problems facing african american communities can be compounded by group think and media sensationalism there is a lot of statistics to back up the fact that blacks typically get the shit end of the stick in this country.

Sort of a "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you" kind of thing. You have to take outrage with a grain of salt and at the same time be able to find the pearl of truth in all the vitriol flying around out there.
>>
>>17578758

>there (are) a lot of statistics to back up that blacks get the shit end of the stick.

Name one. Like the shit end of committing the most crime compared to other races? Having the highest rate of single mothers compared to other races? Having a culture of drug use, gang violence, disrespect to authority, anti-intellectualism, treating women like shit, and irresponsibility?

How is ANY of this the result of slavery? How is ANY of this the result of whites oppressing blacks?
>>
>>17578786
It doesn't take much thinking to realize that all these aspects correlate with poverty more than race and that 1) even after black slavery ended they were left in poverty 2) it's really hard to get out of the vicious cycle of poverty 3) centuries passed, many blacks are still trapped in it and you're describing the symptoms.
>>
>>17578786

>How is ANY of this the result of whites oppressing blacks?

Because the main indicator of crime, break down of the nuclear family and drug use is not race, its poverty. When you completely drain the resources of a community and essentially make them desperate people commit crimes. This is not just an American anomaly, but a worldwide one. Poor people commit the most crimes because, essentially, they have no choice.

For example, in midwestern towns, inhabited by mostly white people, where factories have closed down and abandoned industry has left the local economy in ruins the drug use, crime rate, number of unwanted pregnancies and even infant mortality rates are almost identical to those of inner city ghettos. And these are regular old white Americans.

In my state, Oregon, it was legal to deny a home loan to a family simply because they were black until the mid 1960's. The reasoning being that a black family in a white neighborhood would lower the property value of everyone's home simply with their presence.

When America was first being founded and industry was being built; logging companies, automobile companies, rail yards, ship builders, machinists, financial institutions etc., the only people that had the right to own land, the right to vote and had the access to the financial means to invest in the growth of America was white people.

That means that as America grew, generational wealth, meaning wealth thats passed down from family to family to family over the course of a few hundred years, was exclusively a white enterprise.

Black people living in ghettos is also not a coincidence. As cities and towns were being built, thanks to predatory loan practices, segregation and gentrification, blacks were forced into low income neighborhoods while the surrounding areas thrived and prospered. This is the explanation for why in many cities its great and shiny for a few blocks and suddenly you turn the corner and you're in a "bad neighborhood".
>>
>>17578786

Pt. 2

Socioeconomic oppression also didn't just evaporate after slavery. Jim Crowe laws were a prime example. Even though slavery was over and newly freed blacks were technically "free" they were forced into indentured servitude (i.e, I give you, a poor black, money to build a home and buy a horse and feed your family and in exchange you work 16 hour days on my farm for pennies for the next 20 years to pay me off.)

After the civil war ended the south was in shambles, and suddenly all of this industry they previously dominated was up for grabs so instead of slavery they did the only thing they could; make sure that every law and every piece of legislation they put on the books made sure that black people never received financial power or dominion over a white man.

Dismantling this system that they built has been a centuries long endeavor.

In summary, poverty + segregation + lack of access to generational wealth = crime. Right now the money that we could be using to build schools, provide community resources to impoverished people and bolster our economic infrastructure is being used to put poor drug offenders in prison.

Once these offenders leave prison they have felony records, and instantly shunned by society. What choice do these people have? They go right back to crime. We live in a system that was created to benefit whites.

Not two weeks ago the supreme court investigation found out that North Carolinian politicians purposefully and intentionally tried to pass voter ID laws that they themselves admitted in leaked emails was for the express purpose of making it difficult for minority voters to register to vote.

Read some history, anon. Inform yourself, because right now you're living with the wool over your eyes. Knowledge is power, and right now you obviously have very little.
>>
>>17578836
Not him but mind explaining the Irish who moved dyring the famine, Chinese and even under a shorter time frame (60 or si years) the Vietnamese? Each one went through racial discrimination but worked their way out of poverty throughout their time in the US to the point all 3 are now relatively considered a productive members of society. Its not just white or black.

Historically too, slavery has been abundant across numerous races and ethnicities but long term most have ended up modern. Africa is among the most recent examples if it but it was far from exclusive historically. That and many Africans themselves engaged in the practice.

Poverty works but then I look at East Asian countries, while an anomilly, but even their poorer areas mostly are a haven compared to black ghettos. Why?

Its a cultural thing embedded in US blacks with victimization and anti intellectualism. Most races broke out of poverty under potentially wirst circumstances where co operation was a case if live ir die. The poor now are in a far better position than before yet they still squander it.

Also across a host if countries even outside the US, African/*insert other race here* tend to always make up a large portion of the poor. Now is this a racial issue or cultural? The state of the African countries themselves in my view ooints towards the latter.
>>
>>17578744
>Wow you're tall, do you play basketball?

What's wrong with this one? I ask that of every tall person I become acquainted with because I'm interested in athletics. I'm not really arguing anything but that seems pretty innocuous.

>>17578833
Poverty is definitely the source, but that doesn't mean parents, or lack thereof, aren't a large part of the problem. My friend was a quick learner when he was young, musically inclined. Well spoken. His father told him to cut that shit out because he's not being black enough. Poverty is the excuse to being a shit father?

That's anecdotal evidence, absolutely. Wouldn't fly a day in court. But he's not the only anecdotal evidence I have regarding poor parenting. "Light skinned blacks are worse than darker ones," "she's going out with a Mexican that traitor," etc. EVERY race does this, but it doesn't fucking help to have these attitudes when you have shit for cash.

>>17578836
At a certain point it gets to be an excuse. You don't have to go far at all to find innumerable success stories about a child coming up from the ghetto and becoming a success. Mexican, black, cambodian, whatever; entire documentaries on these people. The United States allows that sort of thing to happen.

>>17578851
>Once these offenders leave prison they have felony records
Because prisons don't have programs and trade schools, right?
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 136x118px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 136x118px
>blacks dont care about whites but anon i care about whites. half my friends are white. i dont know where you got this insane idea from. /pol/?
>>
>>17578870
>>17578870
>>17578870
sorry about the bad greentext. im posting from a shitty phone. where it says ,"but anon" is where my non greentext part is supposed to begin
>>
>>17578859
Also not him but...
>Irish people who left were able to make new lives elsewhere. They were the same skin colour so that obviously would not have been an issue for some.
>Chinese and Irish people were allowed to exist and do trade within their own communities and owning property and establishing wealth and education were not challenging. Also were not lynched for their appearance.

Look up Marcus Garvey.
>>
What am I supposed to say? Nobody wants to hear me gush on an on with empathy of inequality I didn't take part it. Uhhh, so sorry! *lower lip pursed* Give me a break and stop making me feel like its my fault. How about we all get back to getting what's ours and get back to hating on the government.
>>
>>17578901
Irish were still actively discrimunated againt, they were essentially seen as subhuman whites and had signs banning their presence.

Chinese and Vietnamese may not have been lynched but they faced the same ussue if basic racism, mockery in the media and being in a foreign country. Yet despite these obstacles they all managed to not only pull through but excel, especially the Asians. Why? A number of reasons but also because they emphasized to this day, education. They even adopt English names cause they know instead of making a fuss about it, they should adapt for efficient results. It does.

In contrast, Air bnb is being sent a law suit for supposed raciak discrimination againt black clients for hosts in the US based on their names. This is, despite the fact the very research they cite shows its blacks who discriminate the most. But this is ignored.

I am not saying the Africans had an identical level of difficulty making that transition but the fact this attitude is still pervasice AND many Africans have reached middle and upper class tiday highlights a problem with their mentality more than anything, especially in a modern context where slavery is almost a null point except for historicak sympathy.
>>
>>17578859

>Not him but mind explaining the Irish who moved dyring the famine, Chinese and even under a shorter time frame (60 or si years) the Vietnamese? Each one went through racial discrimination but worked their way out of poverty throughout their time in the US to the point all 3 are now relatively considered a productive members of society

All of that is kind of factually ambiguous or just plain incorrect. The narrative of black vs. white relations in the U.S. is definitely one of the longest and most complicated of relations.

Not to mention the fact that although the Chinese were manipulated and oppressed during the industrial revolution their foothold in the financial world is due to impart to the fact that their homeland is a financial powerhouse, therefore a lot of the wealth that they are generating from the U.S. was brought to bear by a rich and plentiful economic base. Africa is a different story altogether. China was never colonized and stripped of its natural resources the way Africa was. Vietnam is a whole different issue due to the civil wars that continue there.

I know what you're getting at but you're overlooking a lot of important facts in order to fit your narrative.

>Poverty works but then I look at East Asian countries, while an anomilly, but even their poorer areas mostly are a haven compared to black ghettos. Why?

Because rural asian countries are plentiful in farmable land and natural resources while black ghettos are not? Did you seriously not think about that?

You're a bit of an idiot, I have to admit.

>Its a cultural thing embedded in US blacks with victimization

Victimization is woven into the fabric of U.S. history. Blacks didn't just develop victimhood out of thin air. Again, you're ignoring hundreds of years of history to fit your narrative.

For the most part your post was pure /pol/ garbage but I see what you're getting at. Your whole "WELL OTHER RACES HAVE HAD IT HARD TOO" defense ignores a lot of facts.
>>
>>17578868

>What's wrong with this one? I ask that of every tall person I become acquainted with because I'm interested in athletics. I'm not really arguing anything but that seems pretty innocuous.

Yes, it is, but that is the essence of racism. One of these comments, isolated, means nothing. Its the millions of little comments and events combined over years and decades that comprise the fabric of institutional racism.

To your common viewer, particularly a white one, its impossible to connect the dots of these events because you don't experience it, you just occasionally hear about it every once and awhile through second hand sources.

I'm promising you that living it with your own two eyes is so drastically a different experience than just hearing about it. The million little things you notice every day that your white friends never go through.

>At a certain point it gets to be an excuse.

You're missing the big picture. The fact that is POSSIBLE for black, inner city kids to overcome their upbringing and surroundings and become financial successes has nothing to do with the statistical fact that its not likely.

You shoot straight for the "its an excuse" argument with acknowledging all the variables. Its the same as saying just because its POSSIBLE to survive a tornado does not mean we shouldn't invest money into minimizing the damage and protecting lives.

>Because prisons don't have programs and trade schools, right?

Again, you're ignoring the larger picture. The stigma of prison life and felons in this country prevent hundreds of thousands of people, black and white, from regaining independence after prison. Why hire an ex-con with a GED when you can hire someone with a clean record?

Not to mention the fact that the privatized prison system in the U.S. has crushed a lot of these "programs" you claim that every inmate has access to. Its all become about bottom dollar, and a lot of these programs have been eliminated for the benefit of profits.
>>
I am not denying racism exists, but what are those of us who take no part in it supposed to do regardless if we happen to be white? Economic prosperity barriers and strife exist everywhere and transcends all races. I just thought we were moving forward but it always seems media shines a light hoping for the worst reaction. Whatever happened to non-biased journalism?
>>
>>17578919

>I am not saying the Africans had an identical level of difficulty making that transition but the fact this attitude is still pervasice AND many Africans have reached middle and upper class tiday highlights a problem with their mentality more than anything, especially in a modern context where slavery is almost a null point except for historicak sympathy.

I'm just really going to encourage you right now to do some research because the things you're saying are just glossing over decades upon decades of proof to the contrary.

You're talking about a lot of things that you just aren't very knowledgable about and should you decide to actually research some of the bullshit you're saying I'd hope you could see how unequivocally narrow minded you're being.

Its your attitude here that is the reason for the continued racial tension in our country. The mentality that because many africans have reached "middle and upper class" that the reason others haven't is because of their "attitude".

If you knew anything about America post-civil war you would know for a fact that we are all still feeling the ripples of slavery. This whole "racism is over because some blacks are rich now" bullshit is mind numbingly ignorant. It still shocks me to know that people like you still exist but, I am not surprised.

You just don't know what you're talking about, honestly, and you're the most dangerous kind of person; the dangerous majority that makes decisions and judgements about a topic that you literally know nothing about.
>>
>>17578933
Not pol at all and your post shows your lack of knowledge of world history. Just because I disagree with you does not automatically make me a /pol/ and it wasnt meant to be a narrative but illustrate a point. I am well informed about the historical relations, in a general sense, of blacks in the US from Martin Luther and the earlier days of slavery.

China was in fact divided up somewhat by Russia and the UK during the second opium war and had just recently fallen into civil war before due to a warlord conflict. They lost ports, their capital and trade influence. That and their standing in the world. It was a disaster for the Chinese.

Also black ghettos may lack natural resources but they have the necessities to survive so they dont need it. They have water, food, a roof over their head. You would be horrified on the lack of resources the poorer region of China has, nevermind the conditions.

I see though we are talking from two sides of the fence. But if you saw my oost as /pol/ garbage rather than an attempt to discuss the matter, maybe you should try visiting it there yourself.

Victimization is interwoven in US history sure, even today its proven to be profitable if handled right. But no half informed person behind closed doors would deny one of the major things holding blacks back TODAY 2016 is their victim complex and lack of educational focus. They just wont say it cause the PC culture in your country is on steroids but they know as do many blacks know that THAT is the root problem.
>>
>>17578957
Then please try to explain to me in as concise manner how that is not the issue regarding the areas you pointed out. Its not just the US either. Its in Europe blacks are in similar situations. They are not as loud of their victimisation but they still have high crime rates and presence in poor areas. Please explain that.
>>
>>17578960

>Also black ghettos may lack natural resources but they have the necessities to survive so they dont need it.

Probably the dumbest thing you've said this entire thread.

>You would be horrified on the lack of resources the poorer region of China has, nevermind the conditions.

I'm confused. The histories of Africa versus China are DRASTICALLY different. I'm not sure why the plight of the Chinese people during times of oppression cancels out black oppression.

>Just because I disagree with you does not automatically make me a /pol/

Disagreeing and being unequivocally and statistically incorrect are two different things. I'm not jumping on your case cause we just don't agree, I'm jumping because everything you're saying is unsubstantiated bullshit.
>Not pol at all and your post shows your lack of knowledge of world history.

Saying it doesn't make it true. I gave a lot of historic information that you glossed over. Either you aren't reading it or you just ignored it because you can't pull anything out of your to contradict it.

>major things holding blacks back TODAY 2016 is their victim complex and lack of educational focus

So THATS whats holding them back? Just their attitude and lack of focus in schools? So the statistical disparagement, lack of income, underfunded schools and community programs has nothing to do with it?

Blacks just aren't focusing enough?

You're so ignorant is staggering. I'm.... I'm punching out here. Its obvious that you live in one carefully constructed delusion that I have no business trying to dismantle.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>17578919
Also, slavery experienced elswhere and chatel slavery are completely different. Having to sub-integrate -into a society that actively killed them for trying to own property and educate themselves is slightly different from just people looking at you funny. The key factor here is wealth accumulation.
> look up marcus garvey
>>
File: Prisons.png (38KB, 955x703px) Image search: [Google]
Prisons.png
38KB, 955x703px
>>17578945
>One of these comments, isolated, means nothing. Its the millions of little comments and events combined over years and decades that comprise the fabric of institutional racism.

Where did all this come from? I was just talking solely about the tall part. The other two, "you're the whitest black guy I know," is pretty fucked up yeah.

>I'm promising you that living it with your own two eyes is so drastically a different experience than just hearing about it. The million little things you notice every day that your white friends never go through.

I have zero white friends. I'm half Mexican and have dealt with my fair share. We all have.

>You're missing the big picture

I am not. I am talking about doing what you can with what you have. I acknowledge the immense trials and tribulations the black community has suffered the past 100 years alone, let alone slavery. I've acknowledged it. Now what? They still gotta go to school and work the next day like everybody else. The United States allows its citizens to better themselves. Of course we should minimize damage. Don't you think parents should also be better people? Not teaching their children to hate and hold disdain for someone lighter color than them?

>The stigma of prison life and felons in this country prevent hundreds of thousands of people, black and white, from regaining independence after prison

Programs within the prison allow a lot of minimization of this. A LOT of prisons have these. Pic related. There are even others that hold programs not listed on here i.e. the notorious San Quentin.

>Why hire an ex-con with a GED when you can hire someone with a clean record?

GED? That's a gross simplification to the amount of programs federal institutions have available for their inmates.

Can you give me a list of privatized institutions that do not provide programs to their inmates?
>>
>>17578970

>They are not as loud of their victimisation but they still have high crime rates and presence in poor areas.

So do you actually have any information that cites the crime rates of poor black neighborhoods in Europe vs. the U.S. or are you pulling this out of your ass as well?

>Its in Europe blacks are in similar situations

Sources, please. Statistics. Facts. I'm not debating points that you've pulled out of your ass and not provided a historical reference for.

I'm bringing up one specific issue and you keep expounding and expounding and expounding and not substantiating anything you're saying because you obviously don't have statistics to back up what you're saying.

I'm not going to debate the history of blacks in Europe vs. the United States for you because I don't have 7 hours to dance around in historical circles with you.

Stop enlarging the argument into an unmanageable size and start addressing the specific things I'm saying.

I say one thing and you say "WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS OTHER THING?" instead of actually addressing what I'm saying.

You're being a bit of a cunt and I'm not chasing you through this intellectual corn maze you insist upon creating.
>>
>>17578945
>>17578988
Addendum: The war on drugs is a huge shit pile in it of itself. We need to elect representatives to be able to reform it, that is the power of citizens of the United States.

Police reform? All this Black Lives Matter protests going on? Elect representatives who are all about police reform. The people have the power to change this country if they cared enough to band together and do so.
>>
>>17578981
>You're so ignorant is staggering. I'm.... I'm punching out here. Its obvious that you live in one carefully constructed delusion that I have no business trying to dismantle.

I would say the same to you but again you seem to not be able to realize what is relevant today and what was relevant before.

And yes regarding the educational point it is. Throw money at their neighborhoods by the milions, because of their culture they would waste it. Money wont solve their attitude and culture. Proven in the US and outside. You have explained why its supposedly the case in the US but not why its the sane in Europe. If it was just a US problem I would be right with you. Its not though.

>>17578985
Both the Irish, Jews and Asians went through more than just funny looks but I will concede the point on property.
>>
>>17578666
I didn't kick nor threw stones at you fuckers!
Now what?
I'm not responsible for what I DID NOT DO, and i wasn't even born then.
That would be like every jew ever claiming germany oppressed them and spouting shit like 90% of people who are concerned about racism do.
We didn't enslave anyone, we did not treat you bad, we weren't there.

And so why afro-american people are not enraged with those whom sold entire cargos of people and they were black people of african culture and heritage?
A market needs someone to sell and someone to buy, you know?

I could understand if racism was now and here, and I understand it for when it's actually real, but this slavery shit has to end.

Blaming slavery on "white people" is the same as blaming anything on "niggers".
It's the person and their actions that make the difference, not their tone.
Also fuck blm and their shit.
>>
>>17578988

>Where did all this come from? I was just talking solely about the tall part

It comes from personal experience. I gave you an answer. The comment in its own is not really indicative of any pattern but when combined with the millions of other things that black people experience it draws a bigger picture

The same way that if your girlfriend is late coming home one night you wouldn't think much of it but if it happens multiple times, in conjunction with her being private about her phone, smelling like cologne and lying to you a lot the PATTERN of behavior implies something completely different than just one isolated incident

I answered your question and you're kind of glossing over it. I don't know how many different ways I can give you the same information.

> Don't you think parents should also be better people? Not teaching their children to hate and hold disdain for someone lighter color than them?

You ignored everything I said and just reiterated your argument without really addressing mine.

Doing what you can with what you have has nothing to do with the fact that statistically, blacks receive the shit end of the financial stick in the U.S. and have been ever since the end of the Civil War. The fact that things have gotten better still doesn't address anything thats wrong, neither does the fact that because its POSSIBLE to overcome poverty that we shouldn't analyze and address the root cause.

>Can you give me a list of privatized institutions that do not provide programs to their inmates?

Can you give me a list of privatized institutions that do? You're the one who brought up this argument so you're not going to slither out from under it by calling for details when you yourself gave none.

Everyone with a functional frontal lobe knows that life after prison is significantly difficult and the stigma of felony convictions stands in the way of a lot of low income people from taking part in the great rehabilitation that prison claims to offer.
>>
>>17578999
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom

Check the racial part. Also check France tko. You will find a similar trend. I dont have access to a computer but its an unspoken truth and common knowledge that, if you are in a poor area here in Europe, there are gonna be blacks. Rich area, less so.
>>
>>17579010

>It's the person and their actions that make the difference, not their tone.

Ignoring statistics and just telling people to "pull yourself up by your boot straps" is a bullshit cop out for not knowing facts.

Its a common argument to just compartmentalize history and tell a group of disparaged people to just "get over it" but it ignores the impact of history.

>Blaming slavery on "white people" is the same as blaming anything on "niggers".

Its funny how a lot of people want to claim that black people are in the position they are in now because of their victim complex but in the same breath whenever someone brings up slavery as a great influencer in the socioeconomic landscape we live in today its always the white guy that suddenly gets defensive and wants to feel like the victim just because someone wants to have a conversation about slavery and its effects on modern society with him.

>Also fuck blm and their shit.

Yeah, fuck them. Not wanting to be killed and imprisoned in disproportionate numbers is a ridiculous thing to ask of your government.
>>
>>17579023
Out of curiosity are you an African American? Cause your posts have a bit of a complex trend going about them. The same victim mentality many are discussing here. Or are you a PC obsessive?
>>
>>17579016

>but its an unspoken truth and common knowledge that, if you are in a poor area here in Europe

Well I'm not debating unspoken knowledge with you. I'm talking about quantifiable statistics and numbers.

I don't like in the UK. I'm not talking about the UK. I'm talking about the U.S. That's where slavery had its biggest impact on the black population. Thats the topic at hand.

Again, you can keep expounding your argument all you want to try to run away from the information I've given you but I'm not gonna play that intellectual game of fuckaroo with you where you answer my questions with a dozen other questions.
>>
>>17579010
it's always me.
Dumbasses all of you.
Everyone is the maker of his own fortune.
If I am black or white it doesn't matter, I'll do what it needs to be done to get what I want.
Again, black people spouting things like "aww man dats becos whiteys dey be racis" it's the same as the ignorant white dumbass blaming society problems on them.
Meanwhile, the ones that don't give a fuck and want to be a productive member, go on about their business being perfectly normal people, and if they experience racism is at the hand of fuckers who want something to be entitled of and go about things that are of the past and do not concern them. If black people spent half of their time being decent, as white people with their half of their time not being absolute pieces of shit, matters like this wouldn't ever exist
>>
>>17579011
>It comes from personal experience. I gave you an answer. The comment in its own is not really indicative of any pattern but when combined with the millions of other things that black people experience it draws a bigger picture etc.

Dude I already acknowledged that shit is fucked up. I know you're juggling multiple responses at once but damn.

>You ignored everything I said and just reiterated your argument without really addressing mine.

I did not. Here, I'll do exactly what I did in my other post. I acknowledge that blacks have had a shit time the past 100 years in this country....See what that changed? Not a thing. The sun will rise tomorrow, and people will be going to work.

> The fact that things have gotten better still doesn't address anything thats wrong, neither does the fact that because its POSSIBLE to overcome poverty that we shouldn't analyze and address the root cause.

We know the root cause. All that Jim Crow shit, all that corralling blacks into shitty neighborhoods, all of that shit. Great, I know the root cause. Now what? Black man still has to go to work and it'd be nice if he taught his son or daughter good values and that he or she can do great things in this country if they try hard enough. People want things to change? Elect representatives.

>Can you give me a list of privatized institutions that do?
Well no. You brought up privatized institutions at all. Let me word it better, since you did bring it up: Can you give me a list of privatized institutions that do not provide programs for inmates to better themselves? I ask the question in this way, because you yourself brought it up like that.

You have a functional frontal lobe, no? I'll use you as a sample and state that people in the United States don't know that many prisons have inmate program that make the transition back into society easier, as you so clearly simplified with your "GED" shtick.
>>
>>17579025
Watch out, xe could be an attack elicopter who wants to take under his fat flappy wings the problems of minorities.
>>
>>17579025

>Out of curiosity are you an African American? Cause your posts have a bit of a complex trend going about them.

Excellent dismissal technique. Don't have to take my information seriously if I'm black, right?

>The same victim mentality many are discussing here. Or are you a PC obsessive?

Excellent dismissal technique. Don't have to take my information seriously because I'm just dying to be a victim, right?

The funny thing about facts is that they are unbiased. They are unchanged by perspective or victim complexes.

Under no circumstance am I saying that there are no black people who use the race card to explain every negative thing that happens in their lives. What I AM saying is that using that fact to dismiss the entire idea of institutional racism in the United States is a cop out.

Its an uninformed, cowardly, chicken shit cop out.

Its another knee jerk dismissal technique meant to brush aside anyone that provides information that challenges your world view because there is NO WAY that a black person can bring up the history of racism in the United States without the goal being them wanting to be a victim, right?

Ignoring facts can only get you so far, anon, and as long as you continue to live with the wool over your eyes the facts will continue to soar over your head and confuse and anger you. Its sad and I hope you decide to pull your head out of your ass sometime soon.

I AM black but I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I want people to acknowledge the problem and help fix it. Not with welfare, not with food stamps or reparations but with concerted efforts to change legislation and bolster the parts of our country that we have discriminated against for so long.

I want poverty fixed EVERYWHERE, not just for black people. Classism in this country has reached an all time high and I think its something that deserves an honest conversation.
>>
>>17578609
what are you even trying to say?

what a shitty response.
>>
>>17579053
> but with concerted efforts to change legislation and bolster the parts of our country that we have discriminated against for so long.

That's great. Now elect someone to do it or run for office yourself.
>>
>>17579028
I was showing you how, because its not just a US problem, but an international problem, that yes it is indeed an issue of mindset. Also the stats are there for you to read still.

Also above posters summed it up nicely. Even if we acknowledge the issues blacks faced, now what? The issue of culture and attitude remains. They want to act like thugs cause of poverty and history?

Be my guest. Everyone else is moving on trying to better themselves why they play victim and get no where. Truth hurts.
>>
>>17579033

>Dude I already acknowledged that shit is fucked up. I know you're juggling multiple responses at once but damn

You asked me "Where is this all coming from" and I gave you an answer. If you want me to stop answering the same question then stop asking me the same question

>Now what?

>The sun will rise tomorrow, and people will be going to work.

Now we have to pick up all the damage that Jim Crowe laws wrought. Your old timey colloquialisms are cute but they don't mean anything. You're not saying anything, you're just quipping "WELL, IT IS THE WAY IT IS". I can't really work with that. If you want an intelligent response then you should say something that warrants it, not some bullshit off the back of a Hallmark card

>I acknowledge that blacks have had a shit time the past 100 years in this country....See what that changed? Not a thing.

Throwing up your hands and saying "WELL, THAT HAPPENED" is not solutions. I dunno what you expected but no ones waiting to give you a gold medal for admitting that fucked up shit happened. Acknowledging it is great, yes, but the next step includes changes. Its hard to make changes when a majority of people refuse to even admit there's a problem.

>I'll use you as a sample and state that people in the United States don't know that many prisons have inmate program that make the transition back into society easier, as you so clearly simplified with your "GED" shtick.

I've said the same thing about 4 times so I'm not really gonna keep going around in circles with you. Having programs that help inmates "better themselves" and making concerted efforts to help ex-cons gain access to job opportunities and integrate back into society are two different things and there is a lot more work to be done to ease the transition and address recidivism rates because I'm here to tell you that recidivism is at an all time high.

That should tell you that these "programs" you keep harping about aren't working the way they're supposed to
>>
>>17579053
Undeerstood. You made good points but to me and with your background makes sense, you place too much emphasize on history. Its common in the US especially with silly stuff like cultural appropriation tripe.

I am not dismissing your views, some cases you are right but, even if unintentional, your posts come across too much as though you hot a chip.

Here is a fact. US is capitalist, classism is a core part of that and the US in general. Its up to an individual and/or group to stop thinking if history and advance themselves by means of adopting proper attitudes and mindsets.
. If i replaced all the poor black mentality with Asian mentality, gaurantee they would excel. Why? Cause they would ignore history, disband blm and start working towards functioning proper and drop trash rap culture and thug life, replace it with good parenting and work ethic.

Racist? Yes. True? Also yes.
>>
>>17578666
w o w,
and you can tell by the effort and lack of thinking you put into this that this isn't even bait.

lol, pls, go fuckoff

OP asks

>If black people don't give a shit about white people, why should white people ever give a shit about black people?

your response is

>Because black people were forced in slavery for hundreds of years, spit out of slavery and systematically socioeconomically crushed under the boot of segregation and discrimination for another hundred years and white people weren't?

which can be distilled down to

>because slavery

In what way does this answer OP's question? Seriously, how does this even attempt to answer his fucking question?

the question

>If black people don't give a shit about white people, why should white people ever give a shit about black people?

and the answer

>because slavery

don't fit. At all.

I know someone already responded with this, but I'll say it again:

I am in no way responsible for the actions of my ancestors or any other white person on this planet.

Shit, even if I was, I'm about quarter (maybe a little less) black.
What about me? Do I get free hand outs? Or am I half responsible? Or does my guilt negate itself?

Please, fuckoff with that dumb shit.
>>
I work with a rich Nigerian dude who always makes jokes about his family profiting off selling rivaling tribes.
>>
>>17579081
>Now we have to pick up all the damage that Jim Crowe laws wrought

Cool. Where should we start? What do you propose?

>but the next step includes changes. Its hard to make changes when a majority of people refuse to even admit there's a problem.

Then get people in your local communities to elect an individual to get changes done that need to be changed in impoverished neighborhoods. If that person that goes up on platform has policies that I agree with, I'll vote for them.

> Having programs that help inmates "better themselves" and making concerted efforts to help ex-cons gain access to job opportunities and integrate back into society are two different things

Federal programs do these both.

>there is a lot more work to be done to ease the transition and address recidivism rates because I'm here to tell you that recidivism is at an all time high.

What do you suggest?

>That should tell you that these "programs" you keep harping about aren't working the way they're supposed to

Well actually if this particular line of discussion wants to anywhere we'd need to bring up statistics on where programs are working and where they aren't, where as in which part of the United States. I can cherry pick a case right now where it did work, and you can cherry pick where it hasn't.
>>
>>17579053
You do not understand my position.
I'm not that one who asked if you are black, but as>>17579062 says, now that everyone has been spanked for their mischievous behaviour, what?
I'm from italy.
Our blacks are people from romania and immigrants from africa.
Most of them can't even speak something that isn't their local dialect. Stealing, acting like thugs on the streets (mimicking american rappers who coincidentally are all "black thugs from the streets", oh the irony), doing nothing all day but harassing girls and asking for smokes to males.
But among them there's honest people who do hard work and get recognized, and go far from where they began.
They are from theaters of war, they escaped danger, famine and bullets. But nobody of them says "aaay das whitey fault". Who among them wants to work their assess off like everyone gets paid, learns the language and goes on, maybe settles here and nobody acts like there's something strange.
The monkeys? They stay in their shelters until are wrecked by their monkeying around, or tossed somewhere else.

Why I'm telling you all this?
Because these people are being oppressed HERE AND NOW, and moved across europe like furniture, one that is full of woodworms and nobody wants.
But those among them who can be civilised remain, flourish and they are helped and cared for.

Now after some 200 years, what's afro-americans excuse?
>>
>>17579062
There's a difference between someone who was in Somalia 10 years ago and an average black person. The normal black person is relatively more successful than the average working class person (including old money would skew it).

> US problem, but an international problem
You wont understand the above if you've still got your head in the US ghettos.
>>
>>17578945
just going through your responses at this point.
im not the other guy you were talking to btw.

>What's wrong with this one? I ask that of every tall person I become acquainted with because I'm interested in athletics. I'm not really arguing anything but that seems pretty innocuous

>Yes, it is, but that is the essence of racism

nigga what? holy fuck, asking tall people if they play basket ball is the essence of racism? the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>17579081
>>17579099
Are you here or not? I asked for your proposals and you gave none.
>>
Asian here. Growing up, white and black people always gave me shit for not being one of them. I hope they can settle their differences with eachother, but that shit doesn't concern me. I get along fine with black and white individuals, but as groups they can both go fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Somewhat related: Hispanics have generally been pretty cool with me.
>>
>>17578597

We shouldn't, that's the point. I didn't used to be a 'full blown racist', but I got older, I saw more, I recognised the reality of my situation and that of my people, and I reached the only conclusion the facts permitted.
>>
>>17579214
he got rekt and then left

so no, he's not

>>17579228
>hispanics

they can be just as racist as anyone else, i'll tell you from personal experience
so can black people too.
>>
>>17578597
The idea is that blacks don't need to care for whites the same way because whites have higher hierarchical ranking and more money, aka "white privilege", which leftists have memed really hard to make it seem like the only reason for whites having more power is because of muh institutional racism and not because of culture (or genetics) or other factors.

The thing about modern day progressives is really ironic, it's like they don't believe black people can survive without a shit ton of programmes. Who's really the racist here? If I say blacks can succeed without dem programmes I'm a racist?
And even if they can't (mainly because he average nig don't have qualities that are seeked for in most major industries and tend to have lower IQs) so fucking what? Their grades will not be lowered because they're black, if the blacks have worse grades in average well tough luck shit. It doesn't stop black individuals from being successful, we shouldn't act like niggers are fucking children and need special care.
>>
>>17578597
I'm half black and I give a shit about white people.

Kinda biased considering that my dad's white but still, I think the BLM shit has gotten out of hand, racism against white people is just as bad.
>>
>>17579293
I'm in the same seat. My mom is also black. I got a lot of white genetics for some reason tho, you can barely tell I'm part black aside from a darker golden tan and if you looked really close on heqdshape and shit.

But yeah, one thing I feel like is that BLM is just an excuse to riot and cause shit, truth to be told was I a cracked up hood rat with no future I'd probably be in on the riots too. But when I see grown ass women and men from the middle class in BLM demonstrations I can't help but to cringe hard as fuck.
>>
You shouldn't give a shit about black people, there's no reason to. They are ungrateful and cause other races harm quite often for stupid reasons.
>>
>They do x so it's ok for me to do x
This is a child's level understanding of morality.

We should be working towards peace and prosperity for all despite resistance on either side because it is the moral thing to do.
>>
>>17579375
This
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.