[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like to subscribe to the idea that everyone is a piece of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1470712810873.jpg (53KB, 346x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470712810873.jpg
53KB, 346x540px
I like to subscribe to the idea that everyone is a piece of a whole, that people are part of the eternal living universe which is observing itself. When you die, your body and your consciousness decays into fundamental elements which are put back into the cycle and re-used into other forms of life. Essentially, if an eternal, Abrahamic God does exist, then he is everyone

Of course, I have no evidence for any of this and can't prove any of it, so my belief is just as valid as people who believe in Jesus or people in Rome that believed in the pantheon of Gods

To anyone else who subscribes to this belief though, how do you come to terms with the fact that really shitty, evil people exist? It's really hard to imagine that your consciousness is part of the same whole as the Sandy Hook kid shooter. But the reality is that he did exist, and did all that horrible stuff out of his own will. Just trying to empathize with something like that, it leads you to dark places.
>>
>>17578264
>women refuse to look like pic related because they are entitled, lazy and spoiled by betas

Islamic takeover of the west when???
>>
Life is a long strange trip, when you die you see if it was a good or bad trip.
>>
The whole is much bigger than just you and your likes/ dislikes.
>>
>>17578264
>Essentially, if an eternal, Abrahamic God does exist, then he is everyone

This is called Panentheism (Note: NOT Pantheism), and it is a valid christian thological position.

In scripture:

Mt. 25
1 Corinthians 12
Romans 12
Ephesians - the whole thing.

Outside: The writings of Jürgen Moltmann, Paul Tillich, Charles Hartshorne, and all Orthodox church fathers that wrote about perichoresis.
>>
>>17578264
if youre a part of something, the things you do are not entirely of your own will. no one is in a vacuum, the people who do things that appear evil do it because their whole life led to this, one way or another.

i like to think that without such people the drama of life would not be the same, the game would be more boring. the less of a knee jerk reaction you have, the more free you will be from these things

ie if you watch a show and it is uninteresting, it is increasingly easy to turn it off
>>
I subscribed to a similar notion to this but no longer agree on it entirely. Yea, all matter and space we see today originated from a single point and cosmic evolution led to life originating bla bla bla now I'm here typing this response. After reading a bit into the probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics I feel that randomness is a thing. I do not share the same consciousness as the sandy hook school shooter. In the same way that we are no longer simple microbial life that first emerged.
>>
>>17578349

So are you saying that you see the Sandy Hook kid as non-threatening to your own consciousness because he's not even a being on our level?

Maybe some people are just evil and shitty because by nature, things have good parts and bad parts and yet they all contribute to the whole. The Sandy Hook kid existed because there HAS to be shitty things in order for good things to exist? Kinda like, blowjobs only feel good because 99% of your life is lived by not getting a blowjob
>>
>>17578458
No.. Blow jobs feel good because we its a sensitive place that doesn't receive as much stimulation as say you're hands or feet. Not to mention the fuck ton of nerve receptors down there. Morality is relative and a human concept. What's bad to you might be good to me. There doesn't HAVE to be anything. Take a more rational approach to things dude
>>
There's a freaking air gap between your consciousness and other peoples. Yeah that means you're connected, but you aren't getting messages through.
>>
>>17578458
in what way is he evil?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.