[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and a NEET. I just graduated high school. I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: suicide snake.jpg (51KB, 458x604px) Image search: [Google]
suicide snake.jpg
51KB, 458x604px
I'm 18 and a NEET. I just graduated high school.

I didn't want to go to college and I was planning on joining the Air Force, but everyone is telling me that I should probably go to college and that the military is for stupid people with nothing going for them.

I got into a few decent colleges but I really didn't want to go at all, I hated the idea of it completely, but now I think that I should probably go to college. The only thing is though, I have no clue what I want to major in, what school I want to go to, etc.

What do I do?
>>
Go to the army. It is not a bad choice in general. Looks great on your CV. And they will teach you proper discipline. I enlisted 8 years ago. Not a day in my life I regretted that choice. College is overrated.
>>
>>17577998
Are you sure I should join the Army? I've been told joining the Air Force is probably a lot smarter if I were to join the military
>>
>>17577981
If you go to college with no passion, you will waste a lot of time and money. Even if you half ass it and graduate, you're not going to land a decent job with your shitty attitude and behavior in life. At least in the military, you will have no choice but to adapt and change, otherwise you get kicked out.
>>
>>17578002
I think the coast guard is the best, they're the only branch that actually defends America.
>>
>>17577998
That depends pretty heavily on your personality. I had what should have been an easy time of it (came in at O-4), spent eight years, and regretted every moment of it.

The military is great for people who enjoy working in groups, are comfortable with structure, don't mind taking orders, and tend to trust in their superiors. People who work well alone or have a difficult time not running their mouthes aren't going to have glowing memories of their time in the service.
>>
>>17577981
>and that the military is for stupid people with nothing going for them.

Anyone who says that is retarded. If you don't know what to major in and don't want to go to college, the military would be a better path for you, especially when you could always advance in rank and become an officer

Trust me, so many people these days are in student debt these days since they go to expensive Unis and don't know what to major in or major in Gender studies/English

Even if you think the military isn't for you, remember you can always leave and they can always pay off college for you, right?
>>
I really wanted to join the navy, but I can't bc I'm on meds I'm never going to be off of. Do what YOU want to do op, not what others tell you to do. If you want to be in the air force fucking join it
And no, the military is not full of retards, many of the most intelligent people I know we're in the military
>>
Do what you want op, not what others tell you
>>
>>17578275
>I really wanted to join the navy, but I can't bc I'm on meds I'm never going to be off of.
Same, it was really fucking crushing getting denied.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.