[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I made this thread yesterday but didn't get any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1455392514768.jpg (127KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1455392514768.jpg
127KB, 893x1200px
Hey /adv/ I made this thread yesterday but didn't get any answers

I have no actual ambition or drive, I just want to fade away and lead a quiet, comfortable life of solitude.

How do I achieve this? I'm in college studying a subject I fucking hate but I've already repeated a year so I can't really change now.

Any advice? I just want a comfy life with a job that doesn't require social interaction and leaves me enough free time to indulge in shitposting and weebshit.
>>
>>17577274
Very important question: are your parents paying for college? will you take on any debt for getting your degree?
>>
>>17577281
I'm European, so college doesn't require me to take on debt. The tuition costs are around 700 dollars per year, not including transportation costs which bring the total to 900 dollars tops. My parents are paying but it's not a huge sum either way.
>>
>>17577274
Bump. I posted in your thread yesterday looking for a similar way to live this life style.
>>
>>17577321
Oh, yeah. I forgot to ask you yesterday, what's your part time job? Do you like it or is it shit?
>>
>>17577274
living alone in the city
>>
>>17577361
>living alone in the city
Yeah, ideally I want to live in a small apartment in a big city and just do my thing
>>
>>17577274
if you're going to college, shouldn't you have some sort of job in mind already? I mean are you just studying some random shit you hate for no reason?
>>
>>17577441
I made the stupid decision of going into economics because I didn't know what I wanted to do and figured that studying something "versatile" would be good. Also, my family wanted me to go to college, so I did.

At least now I know that I don't want to work in the economics/business field, but I still have no idea about what I'd like to do other than that.
>>
Bump

I didn't mention it in the OP, but I often get told that security work as well as lab work are both comfortable, easy careers but I don't know if that's true.
>>
Life isn't that easy. Only advice I can give you is to do some deep research and find out what it is you want to do in life and work hard to achieve it and get to a point where you're satisfied. And as for no social interaction, you better find a way to deal with that shit because there's no real way to escape it
>>
>>17577758
I'm not asking for money, or prestige, or a job that allows me to travel or anything like that. I just want something calm, silent and not too hard.
>do some deep research
For two years (12th grade and my first freshman year) I did that, never found anything that interested me. I just lack passion altogether
>>
>>17577448
So then maybe you should take some classes in things that you haven't done yet and see if any of them interest you. There's no sense running blindly down a path when you don't even know which direction you're trying to get to.
>>
>>17577795
Yeah I did that. Took law classes at my uni, programming and math stuff at edX and other online platforms and found nothing
I already said I had no ambition, at that point I'm not looking for a field of study to thrive intellectually, I just want a basic job. It shouldn't be that hard to find something like that given how low my standards are.
>>
Bump
Hopefully the thread will get other posts during the night, it would feel stupid to remake one tomorrow
>>
>>17577274
Have you considered trading?
it's something that requires next to no prior skills, you can do at home, doesn't even require you to get out of your place for any reason that is, you can shitpost and do weebshit while you trade...
Even if it doesn't work out I would give it a try if I were you (Start with a paper account)
>>
>>17578657
I had considered it at one point but several things made me give up on the idea
>the need for a relatively high amount of money to start with (you can't trade with a few hundred dollars in the bank)
>the difficulty in making money with conventional trading as opposed to algo shit which requires programming/math skills
>the fact that every person I know who tried making money that way failed, or only made 1-3k at most
The latter might be anecdotal, but would you say making money with online trading platforms is actually a realistic plan? Everyone wants to do it, just look at /biz/. It seems that very few people succeed
>>
>>17578673
I say this with a bit of bias since I'm doing this as a part time job and making enough to live on my own if I did this as a full time job
>the need for a relatively high amount of money to start with (you can't trade with a few hundred dollars in the bank)
If you have a good return rate on your paper account (with fake money), you can trade money for a trading company. Proprietary trading can be a good entry door until you have enough money to start with your own funds.

>the difficulty in making money with conventional trading as opposed to algo shit which requires programming/math skills
A big falacy is to think that algo shit makes money faster and easier than regular trading. Algorithms only thinks of the market as a series of mathematical inputs, which sets heavy limitations to the methods. They're not going to steal all the money in the market any time soon.

>just look at /biz/. It seems that very few people succeed

/biz/ is exclusively made of people who are either wannabes, successful people who just want to shitpost at wannabes and crypto pump and dump schemes.
But it's true, it's hard to make it big. I've seen so many people leave the company because they couldn't make enough money.
But you never know, that's why I'd say it's worth giving it a try.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.