[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Released from the loony bin but can't wipe the "insane"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1441516014925.jpg (21KB, 408x352px)
1441516014925.jpg
21KB, 408x352px
19 M. from the ages of one to eleven, i was in special education classes. i was placed in these classes largely because my two older brothers were. it was suspected, but never confirmed, that i was somewhere on the autism spectrum. i was made to feel like the odd one out and was pulled from my regular classroom every day. class was held up while the special ed teacher came in and took me away to the special classroom for special people.

these days, i try my best to be normal, but have a difficult time pulling it off, as i am convinced that i am abnormal and second guess the way i act, talk, stand, and just about everything else. my social skills are garbage because i don't know what voice to use when i speak or how to behave when other people are requesting my attention. a year out of high school, it is driving me fucking mad. i don't know how to cope.

further information about me. was hardcore nocturnal neet for a year but now have an incredibly stressful and nearly overwhelming job as a cashier at a movie theater. insecure about my voice, body, face, past, mental health, social skills, the list goes on. incel khhv.

what do
>>
>>17576492
Autistic plz go
>>
>incredibly stressful and nearly overwhelming job as a cashier
keep at it it'll get better
>>
>>17576492
shit i wish i knew you in RL, id fix you right up
>>
>>17576534
what would you do?
>>
BUMP

someone tell me how to cope. too stressed out to get to bed tonight. had a long shift. want to fucking shout
>>
>>17576492
It sounds like the years of being an outcast did a number on you. You should try to find a therapist who wont just chalk it all up to autism just because your brothers had it.
>>
>he finished high school
>has job
wew

t. Neet of 5 years
>>
You don't need to be fixed like the other poster says, you just need to be treated equally and with respect. Stigma is destroying too many lives.

I hope things improve for you, dude.
>>
>>17576492
Sounds like you're going through problems most people that age face, if for different reasons.
>>
>>17576492

Most people have some kind of mental issue, don't sweat it. You're probably more paranoid which makes you seem weird. The past is the past, move on and enjoy your life the best you can.
>>
>>17576492
High functioning spectrum is almost indistinguishable from "normal" social awkwardness, so I wouldn't be concerned about labels. Advice to you would be the same as for any socially awkward person: the only way to build up confidence and learn social "rules" is trial-and-error.

Start small, with whatever you find easiest (chatting with a close friend, being part of a group having a conversation even if you don't contribute, just watching how others interact, whatever) and take greater chances as your confidence improves.

Don't let setbacks discourage you too much. To be brutally frank, nobody is as interested in you as you are, so most won't even notice that you say/do something awkward and the rest will forget it quickly.

And if selling movie tickets is too stressful for you, look for a different job.
>>
>>17576913
what bothers me is the idea that my best will never be as good as that of normal people. and that i'll never be able to live a successful life and earn the respect of others. basically a perpetual teenager.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.