[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I was schizophrenic for a short while and it wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Ok so I was schizophrenic for a short while and it wasn't really too severe however I am on medications and the doctors think I need to stay on them. However I want to get a job as a truck driver and you cant be on any forms of medication which may make you drowsy or dizzy which these do. How do I proceed?
>>
I think that you should stay on your meds, anon.

Why do you want to be a truck driver so bad??
>>
Forget truck driver. Meds are more important.

If you want to drive without a CDL you could work for delivery companies driving light duty vehicles.
>>
>>17576155
because I'm a loner and its about the only career I can see myself doing.
>>
>>17576168
Truck driving sucks, dude. Sure, the actual driving lart is nice, but you have to deal with so many horrible people when you drop off your haul. Probably not best for a loner.
>>
>>17576188
How horrible can they be. I mean all you have to do is get them to sign off on the paperwork.
>>
>>17576196
You have another problem. Many truckers are expected to get TWIC cards and your mental problems may show on a background check.

You are going to be on meds the rest of your life so there's that permanent disqualifier.

Drive vehicles beneath CDL limits and you might pull it off. Don't fixate on getting a CDL.
>>
No one is schizophrenic for a short while.. You are or you are not. If you seem to not be anymore it is merely because the meds are working. Stay on them!!
>>
>>17576145
So the question before me is would I rather be on the road next to a truck driver liable to get dizzy or one liable to hear little voices telling him to kill me.

That is a tough one.
>>
I work with psychotic people and not to be rude but I see this a lot. People have a break down, take meds to get stable again , then they think it wasn't a big deal afterall and get rid of the meds just to repeat the process.

Why did they give you the meds? (Paranoid? Manic? Audio hallucinations?)
>>
>>17577978
auditory hallucinations
>>17576990
well about 40 % of schizophrenics go off their meds and don't hear voices anymore.
>>
>>17576990
and I have no desire to kill anyone and the voices I was hearing were usually just incoherent mumbling. My plan was to go off my meds see if I hear voices again and if I don't for about a year or two try truck driving. I'm not just going to immediately get off my meds and jump into a truck I understand it takes responsibility like most things.
>>
>>17576155
So he can get of the mads. His illness want's him to be that. We know it, his doc knows it, and he himself deep down knows as well.

>>17576168
Get a different job. And one that doesn't cater to being a loner. Being one isn't healthy and isn't helping you staying healthy anyhow. And I am sure you know that as well.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 425x119px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 425x119px
>>17576145
You don't proceed faggot. You might kill someone other than yourself if you fall asleep on the wheel.

There is a safe cure for peoprle like yourself - pic very fucking related.
>>
OP don't become a truck driver. There's a serious risk that automated cars will make that job deader than a murdered prostitute.

And for god's sake stay on the meds.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.