[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is going on with me? I have constant weakness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Snapchat-597548796892034273.jpg (519KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-597548796892034273.jpg
519KB, 1080x1920px
What the fuck is going on with me? I have constant weakness, shortness of breath (almost literally 24/7 with varying degrees of severity), chest pressure, very low exercise tolerance (even just standing up and walking is a chore) and heart palpitations. And since june, ive had trouble with getting full breaths or completing yawns. Ive been to both a cardiologist and a pulmonologist, had numerous tests done. Nothing abnormal. Not even asthma. Been to the ER so many times because of this, theyve never seen anything wrong. My doctor blames it on anxiety but ive never heard of anxiety causing shortness of breath and whatnot even when im not feeling any anxiety. She says my chest muscles are probably perpetually tightened because of long term anxiety. Im skeptical, ive never even heard of that. Im only 25 and i feel like im circling the drain. So like i asked before, what the hell is wrong with me? Anybody know of similar stories with people who suffer from anxiety?
>>
>>17576016
same thing with me.. thought i had heart disease or something, i have chest pressure, shortness of breath, nausea, tingling and numbness in my head, thought i was going to have a stroke...
had blood tests and scans done and they told me its anxiety and stress, the hospital told me its GERD, stomach disorder..
idk im still worried.. think i'll have a heart attack or stroke at any moment
>>
>>17576034
So its like a constant thing for you?
>>
>>17576071
since march, one thing could be that i was doing barbell curls and tried to lift way too much so my left shoulder popped, the next day i thought it was weird i didnt feel anything, but now its always paining me, maybe thats the pain radiating to my chest too idk
>>
I went through a similar thing for about 6 months, interestingly enough, also when I was 25. Every single day I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack. Pretty much exactly the same symptoms you're describing.

I got several tests done, all said I was healthy. And somehow, just knowing it was nothing but anxiety made it go away. I think I was having small panic attacks, which got worse because I thought I was dying. But once I could tell myself "it's all in your head, you're not having a heart attack, get over it" I got over it pretty quickly.

Mind over matter is a crazy thing, stress and anxiety can have all kinds of effects on your body
>>
>>17576081
Damn, thats a long time to be feeling that way. I was on remeron for like 3 months and it worked really well until june, thats when i started feeling like i couldnt breathe as deeply or complete yawns. Since then ive gotten progressively worse. I just lay around a lot, and even then i still feel the shortness of breath and tight chest a lot of the time.
>>
>>17576084
Yeah, if i could convince myself its just anxiety im sure it would help a lot, but i cant seem to. I keep picking the idea apart, and im scared to just blindly listen to the doctors and accept that theres nothing physically wrong with me.
>>
Ive been prescribed a beta blocker to help reduce palpitations and keep my heart from beating too fast, but im afraid to take it. I was told it could cause tiredness but im already so weak, im afraid it will make me feel even more out of breath.
>>
>>17576100

Have you tried seeing an actual psychologist/psychiatrist yet? Perhaps some kind of anti-anxiety medication would help you
>>
>>17576162
Yeah. Ive tried busciprone (probably spelled that wrong), zoloft, remeron (which i mentioned helped a lot for 3 months then i went back to full blown panic disorder), and im on my fourth one right now, prozac.
>>
>>17576016
Sounds like you are vitamin b 12 deficient.

read this. its a long read.

http://howirecovered.com/active-b12-therapy-faq/
>>
>>17576522
Idk, ive had bloodwork done to check for deficiencies and nothing came up. Is B12 something they usually check for?
>>
when i was 17 i started having the exact same symptoms as you i had suffered from anxiety and stress all my life and it eventually made me develop cluster headaches, migraine disorder and a panic disorder. i had like 10 panic attacks a day for three months straight.i went to the ER every night. made me extremely suicidal however i still had the will to live. i feared i was gonna have a stroke but it was just the cluster headache symptoms making me eye droop and teary.

theres is nothing physically wrong unless blood test proves so ik its hard to convince yourself that, it was hard for me too.

ended up going to a mental hospital and it truly saved me.

they gave me medication that suited me well before i went into the looney house doctors would give me benzos like ativan to stop the attacks. it did stop but i could never be prescribed due to addictive side affects. so i had to beg doctors for another refill to continue another week with out attacks or symptoms.

>go to psyche
>tell her i have panic disorder, headaches, weird pressure tension on head
>proper diagnosis of cluster headaches and panic disorder
>finally given proper medication that are not addictive

prior to this i was kicked out of my college for panicking too much because lack of attendance made them lose money.
with the medication i was able to get back my life and i started going to school and working which was something i wasnt able to do before.
>>
btw i was prescribed beta blockers (propanol) and zoloft by the psyche
>>
>>17576943
Yeah i kind of want to check in to a mental hospital, im kind of scared to though. Ive heard some terrible stories from a friend of mine who ended up there.
>>
Had this, get checked for gerd. It burns your esophagus in the beginning and causes all sorts of shit
>>
Maybe go see a doctor instead of a Taiwanese claymation archive
>>
>>17576016
i think its anxiety bro, i used to get shortness of breath because of the air quality. also i have moderate chest congestion. you probably have that too, ask for your chest xray and youll see light smoke in your lungs.
>>
>>17577266
GERD is a possibility.

>>17577379
Ive had chest x-rays, nothing abnormal.
>>
Same thing happened to me, er doctor just gave me his version of 'fuck if i know' and sent me along. I actualy think its bad allergies from pollen or something that went wonky. Do you feel the same way in a clean air conditioned room?
>>
>>17577966
it doesnt matter where i am or the condition of the air, i cant get a deep breath or yawn fully.
>>
>>17576629
A lot of people are deficient on b 12 and never know. B12 deficiency cause many problems, to your nervous system. Can cause muscles spasms, deteriation of motor skills. In the long term it can lead to dementia, loss of sight, and the ability to do everyday things. A lot of doctor's will not address this issue, in order to prescribe you with drugs that do not work in the long run. So, in my experience, they do not check for b12, unless you ask them to.Do yourself a favor, and read the link I gave you.
>>
>>17576629
>>17578946

Also, I have experience with this. I was an alcoholic. The long term effects of alcohol abuse, destroy your neurological signals, brain cells etc. Which eventually lead to many of the symptoms you are describing. Lacking B12 leads to depression, anxiety, and many other mental problems. Taking high doses of b12, and other supplements, that aid in getting it into your system, can help you reverse these symptoms. That link I gave you will tell you about all the supplements you need, and why this deficiency happens. Its amazing how implementing something so simple into your life, can drastically improve it.
>>
>>17576016
Kek, shortness of breath is a staple of anxiety
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.