[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was wondering what /adv/ thinks about hypnotherapy. I was recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1467843918555.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1467843918555.gif
983KB, 500x364px
I was wondering what /adv/ thinks about hypnotherapy. I was recently advised to visit one, I always thought they were bull, but hey, I'm just a fag.

So /adv/, what do you think? Is it worth? Is it even real?
>>
>>17574414
>Is it even real.
Yes, but in a different way from what you might envision.
>Is it worth?
That... entirely depends on you. Hypnosis should be a state of trance defined by a precise heart rate and brain activity; it's meant to soothe and relax. Most patients can't achieve that, because they're unconsciously scared of the hypnosis concept. Yes, the parameters might lower a little - but you'd get better results handing them a cold drink and a soft armchair.

>Hypnotherapy
Also, that's not enough. What are they using hypnosis for? What is the main goal of the treatment? Are they trying to alleviate depression, memory loss, or...?
>>
>>17574414
Hypnotist just make you do embarrassing things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ohZL3WDF4
>>
>>17574425

I take meds for anxiety and depression and whatnot and see a psychologist. In a more detailed way, it goes around having will to do things and all that nihilism crap. Sorry for the shitty info.
>>
>>17574453
You're not obliged to disclose information you don't feel like disclosing.

It's actually a pretty common treatment but... did they just spring it on you? They should do a check-up session first in which they monitor your heart rate and brain activity (nothing invasive/painful) to determine whether or not they can use it on you with benefits or not
>>
>>17574482

no, someone who has similar problems suggested it to me and that was it. I'm willing to do anything honestly. As for a competent professional, I don't know, I guess I'm trying it out to search one. thanks for the info
>>
>>17574497
Oh, ok, no problem.

Yes, sometimes it helps. Depends on the issue and the patients - it's situational.

Let me debunk common myths.

>he can make me do/say things against my will.
Not really. At the end of the day, your brain can't be bypassed. I can't make you lie, I can't convince you you're a chicken.
>he can "make me new memories", make me "remember" things I actually never did
Nope.
>he can help me regain lost memories
Nope. Hypnosis works on the conscious, actually. It can't retrieve what never was.
>it's not science
Hypnosis is a tool, just like a ruler. I can use it to measure length or to pretend I'm sword-fighting.
>>
>>17574512

>he can help me regain lost memories
>Nope. Hypnosis works on the conscious, actually. It can't retrieve what never was.

Thought it was possible. Anyway, thanks a lot anon, your contribution was spectacular. You make /adv/ worth, no homo.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.