[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does suicide have such a bad reputation? nobody has the right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: community_image_1392755257.png (29KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1392755257.png
29KB, 591x422px
why does suicide have such a bad reputation? nobody has the right to prescribe your way to die
>>
>>17573905
What advice are you looking for?
>>
>>17573908
I spent my whole life near my family, was always sheltered, even in school some people were nice to me, because I tried to fit in (mostly lied at them), without showing how I really feel. Now that I grew up I almost shut myself in, I'm seriously depressed, fear that I do something really bad by going out, am continuously annoyed by everyone I meet (also have no friends anymore), because they put me into this role I played my whole life. I don't want this anymore. I want to leave this environment, want to life a secluded life, with few money, much freetime for my hobbies and then end it, before coming into this age where you get all those diseases. But all I hear and read about is, that this way of living is false and suicide is wrong. I don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>17573942
Try a psychologist to help you be more authentic.
>>
>>17573942
Sounds like depression. Start seeing a psychiatrist and get a proper diagnosis and treatment through therapy and medication.

Are you currently working? If not having a job will help you to feel more useful.
>>
>>17573942
If you blame others for placing you in this position, why should you listen to their criticisms of this dream life/deathstyle? Go live in seclusion if you want; no one cares until you go asking for people to give their opinion. How many people did you ask who actually live this way?

Literally just do it, stop listening to the thoughts rattle around in your head as it isnt helping anything.
>>
>>17573905
people who consider suicide have narrowed their perspective to a pinhole.

The only people who have the right to suicide are elderly and people in permanent physical pain. And no emotional pain does not count.
>>
>>17573905
>why does suicide have such a bad reputation?
Because it's immoral.
>>
This is a hugely complex topic and lots of thoughtful people have dedicated lots of serious thought to it. You can definitely find a better discussion on a different website.

>>17573983
>emotional pain does not count
Why?
>>
>>17573949
When I'm thinking positive(changes almost every week), I often think about taking help by a psychologist and I also read much books about psychology by myself, so I can understand my mental state better. It's just that, when I see all those normal people, that crave for money, love and luck in their lives, I feel sick. Whenever I try to loosen up while I am with my family, they are worried, because for them it's like speaking with a foreigner. I don't remember much what I did in my life, that came from my own and wasn't criticized by others as strange.
>>17573967
I am currently visiting a college, but I don't know anymore, why I began studying (have only one year left till my B.S). I just am not fit for working in high positions or with much responsibility. I am also bad at working with other people that don't share my values.
>>17573969
When I am sad and depressed I often think about a restart at another place, but I don't even know myself, because I rarely I want and just know that desires, that are on my mind. It's like I am optimistic for a week that I can bear it till I can find a small job and another week I sitt in my room, while crying.
>>17573983
Why am I in the wrong, it's my life I can choose when and how I end it. I never chose it in the beginning and I feel the pain everyday in form of headache and huge emotional changes.
>>
>>17574019
what do you cry about?
>>
>>17573983
What a completely arbitrary decision.
>>
>>17574038
Spending my life in such a wasteful way, while I never give a thought to express myself. I never had an emotional relationship with anyone, also no best friends or something like that, but I feel good when I am alone or with few people. It's just now that I don't try to fit in, I completely lost the possibility of making normal conversations. It's like I talk a language, that no one tries to understand. I can talk about what I like and what I want to do, but I feel like having no past and my dream of living a simple life are not shared by the people I meet in my life. They always want me to speak their language and share their lifestyle or they leave me like an outsider.
>>
>>17574019
You ignored the part of my post where I said go to a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17574076
Yeah it can be hard to find common ground/shared understanding with people

I have the problem where I can meet people who I might get along with, but I always fuck it up one way or another and get stuck just wishing ´what if`

I do the same `no past` thing too, but obviously we must have a past, maybe not a normal one or one we want especially to share but we must have one

do you feel like you are doing enough to try and understand the people you talk to, regardless of how well they understand you? everyone does some fake bs, some people never stop, but there is always a deeper story.
>>
>>17574083
Sorry, I will consider it, while I oppose the possibility of taking meds. Though I know that I live in pain, I don't want to cut down the real me. Nobody has the right to call me sick, because I'm born, as I am. It's like you open the newspaper, go out of your house ... someone tells you what is right and what is strange - I don't want to harm anyone. Wherever I go I hit a wall and I don't want to restrain myself anymore, just to live a normal life. I feel like I would kill myself by restraining me.
>>17574113
In the past I really fucked up, I would always lie just to be neutral and considered as normal, but now that I began to try harder, I just feel like there is no opening in this prison, which I created myself.
>>
>>17574083
What does your psychiatrist think?
>>
>>17574130
>I oppose the possibility of taking meds. Though I know that I live in pain, I don't want to cut down the real me.
Medications do not reduce your authenticity. You'll still be you. Meds (when they work correctly) make it easier to function, but don't fundamentally alter your personality. I would advise you to at least try it before you make a decision like this; I know several people whose lives have improved dramatically through meds.
>>
Are you a closet trans? Is that your dark secret?
>>
File: 1402579509809.jpg (62KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
1402579509809.jpg
62KB, 600x378px
>>17573905

Because you dont just fuck yourself over, you literally fuck EVERYBODY else involved with you over too.

Yes that means police, ambulance & mortuary's too, even if you have no family and friends

Also, its the fucking pussy's way out, if you intend to go out as a fucking asshole faggot go fucking ahead.

If you desperate fly to Rostov and go over the boarder and fight for the DPR in Ukraine, dont fucking waste your life on nothing at all (an alternative to that is the Kurds in Syria).

Die for something you faggot.
>>
>>17574130
well if you lie then you create distance between yourself and others. most likely that the other can sense this even if it is not conscious

i will always advocate for honesty - but there is a right time and place to share certain things. can you interact without lying? is your network built on people who dont know some critical truth?
i used to lie too, or just let people make up what i dont tell them. but of course you cant expect people to ever get to know you from that

there is always a way out of the prison, but to start you should try to be honest and understanding. start by not reinforcing it further

you are not the same person you were in the past. you dont have to think negatively of your life, or listen to the voice in your head that tells you you are not a good person because x x x . concentrate on your life now, not then. forgive yourself, foster love for yourself and you can free yourself

i know it can be difficult, but you would not feel bad if you didnt think some part of you was worth caring about. find that part and strengthen it
>>
>>17574142
>>17574193
Thank you for your advices, I will go to a psychiatrist and consider taking meds. I try to be honest and positive, even if it is very difficult when I'm sad as in this moment.
>>17574175
I will try to find some meaning to my life, but I think there are other ways for me to help those people. I'm sorry for beeing an asshole faggot.
>>
>>17574260

There is no other way.

Do it or die nothing.
>>
>>17574265
Honestly, I don't share the values of any of these people. Their war is a product of shitty governments. If every conflict would be solved by war, then humanity is determined to erradicate itself. Why can't we all live side by side without hurting ourselves?
>>
>>17574282

>Why can't we all live side by side without hurting ourselves?

Because the world isn't fair or rational.

You fucking know that, wanting to take your own life.

Live or die, there's no saving you and i guess there's no saving anyone else either then.
>>
>>17574303
Leave me alone you stupid warmonger
>>
>>17573905
You're right, we need the weak to stop reproducing while helping on reducing overpopulation at the same time.
>>
>>17574320

End yourself then faggot.

You asked for advice, you got advice.

Stop waiting for people to tell you what you want to hear.
>>
>>17573905
Because people don't care about you enough to really help but like to be self righteous about it anyways. And they might be inconvenienced in some way if you die.
>>
idk mate I have the same thought process t b h. While I will say 99.9% of the time the ones who do kill themselves do it for dumb, and temporary, reasons, but at the same time I have nothing ill to say about someone who just decides to be done with it and not want to have to bother with the stresses of life anymore.

Like I've always found it ironic when people say suicide is selfish, because they "pass their pain on to everyone who loved them"
I'm just sitting here like, how is it not selfish to continue to ask someone to live in suffering just because you get your kicks out of having them around? Like you'd be pretty shitty to criticize someone's decision to quit cancer treatment because they don't want to suffer anymore and just want to end it. Why's it any different when someone just does not have the will to live anymore for any other reason that is truly out of their control. They're just as valid to me.

My rule of thumb is nobody gets to suicide before they've tried both the drugs and the therapy though. You gotta at least have TRIED everything before you can kick it, it's the least you can do for the handful of people who would be at your funeral. Thats what I decided back when I had suicidal thoughts at least. Figured I might as well try the other options first and if they don't work I can an hero. Low and behold, the other options actually worked to some degree. I still find an odd comfort in the option suicide though. Sometimes when I have to make risky moves or decisions I can always feel comfortable in my choice because I think "Well, if it goes real bad then I can always just kill myself. So why not?" Its funny to me how nice it is to no longer fear death, like I'll be driving in my car and some asshat will almost merge into me with no blinker at 90mph and I'll think "What if I died just then?" but then I'll be like "Then it just would have been my time then I guess, no biggie." and I'll continue on my day.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.