[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm boring. I have few interests I can share with others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I'm boring. I have few interests I can share with others or otherwise talk about without the other party not understanding anything about it and getting bored. My interests are generally either obscure, impolite to talk about, or otherwise not very exciting for most people. In general I don't have that many strong interests, maybe one or two along with a handful of fleeting interests I'm completely bored with after a month.

I feel I never have anything to say to anyone. I even need to keep a mental list of things to talk about the next time I see my girlfriend. How do I get un-boring, /adv/?

>be more social and tell stories about other people

I hate socializing most of the time. I'm a strong introvert.

>pick up a new interest or activity

That's the thing, really nothing interests me all that much. I can count on one hand the amount of things I actually enjoy learning about or have a strong interest in at the moment. I guess I could pick something I'm not interested in but I'd have nowhere to start.

>work towards your goals

Outside of my girlfriend and financially I don't really have any. Any time that isn't spent working or with my girlfriend I feel like I'm just trying to get through it as fast as possible.

What do I do? I feel like a blank slate, few interests and the ones I have I'm not even too interested in anymore, next to no goals, no real passion or desire outside of my girlfriend and financial success (half for gf, half for just existing).
>>
So, you're a hard-working guy with a girlfriend and little interest in trivial crap like hobbies?
>>
>>17573471
Replace hard working with "shifts between burning himself out with work while he's heavily motivated and then being lazy and feeling unmotivated as hell until he recovers" and pretty much me.
>>
File: Cadfael01.jpg (178KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cadfael01.jpg
178KB, 1024x1024px
>>17573475
Start your own business.
>>
>>17573489
I already have, actually. It's one of the things I can actually get excited about. Unfortunately it's not all that interesting for other people and talking about it usually devolves into asking how much I make and if I'm hiring
>>
>>17573498
Oh well.
>>
>>17573462
Read a newspaper.

Seriously. Every Sunday buy the best newspaper you can get in your area, and spend a couple of hours reading it from cover to cover. Read every section, even the ones that don't interest you.

You will end up with a pretty good sense of current news/sports/culture/gossip and will be able to hold your own in 90% of all casual conversations.

And some of it will actually be interesting.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.