[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a 7 month realtionship with a cute gf >love our relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Tears_In_Rain[1].png (496KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Tears_In_Rain[1].png
496KB, 1280x528px
>have a 7 month realtionship with a cute gf
>love our relationship and her dearly
>due to our work and uni logistic,we live together to at least see each other when waking up and going home to sleep
>she says that we still need time for our own outside of a couple
>wants to go out with her friends about twice a month
>I tell her I understand and I encourage her to spend some time with her friends
>she sometimes wants to go out to gay bars(male gay bars) with her gay male friends
>get shit like tunnel vision,cold sweat,hands shaking out of worries about her going out at night by herself
>she tells me she is going to be fine and I actually know that she will since she is quite independent
>still get anxiety over imaginary situations like her getting assaulted or someone sneaking something in her drink,etc
>tell her I want to go with her
>she tells me she needs this time with her and her friends only
>I say she can and should go out without me and her friends but I would like to go to night clubs and similar events with her
What do /adv/?
I really want to be with her and that literally the only reason we fight over in our relationship.I know most of the stuff I get worried over are unlikely to happen but I don't think I'm asking much,I worry about her and just typing this I can feel my throat closing and my heartbeat getting faster out of anxiety.
>>
>>17570525
Have you ever had a calm discussion about this?
Talk to this about her when there's no upcoming event and such - just a random discussion.

You should get over your anxiety. She should do things to ease the situation for you.
First tell her you don't want to ask her to stop going out or to spend time alone with her friends.
Second, make sure she acts responsibly - doesn't get drunk, doesn't accept drinks from strangers, looks after her drink.
Third, try to find a compromise - maybe you can go out with her just when she goes clubbing, or she can come home earlier on those nights, or you can go and pick her up, or she can check in with you every hour or so.
On the other hand, try to work on your anxieties - see a doctor about it? Keep yourself occupied by going out with your friends?
>>
>>17570543
>Have you ever had a calm discussion about this?
Talk to this about her when there's no upcoming event and such - just a random discussion. We mostly talk about this subject when she tells me she is going out since it shows on my expression and she can tell right away; or the day after the events,always result in a fight.

> tell her you don't want to ask her to stop going out
I do this all the time and she knows this,the problem is really just these nights outs that she says that is something that was part of her before we met each other(and I knew this) and that there are some friends of her that she just get to see in these hangouts.
> make sure she acts responsibly
She is quite responsible,some times she doesn't even drink alcohol.

> find a compromise
She does tries to keep in contact but even though I try my best to hide she can tell anxiety is eating me inside-out,that only spoils the mod for her and for me when I try to go out the same day but no matter what I try I stay paranoid about this.

>try to work on your anxieties
I know this is mostly a problem with me but it sincerely pains me to go through this role situation.The worst part is that she also tells me even though she misses me I should also go out with my friends for nights out that she would be ok with it.

those are some good points,thanks for the considerations.
>>
>>17570576
Have a discussion when there's no upcoming event. You'll both be calmer and maybe work things out better.

She really sounds like she is acting greatly, to be fair. She's doing everything possible to make you happy.
If it causes so much anxiety to you, you should see a therapist. It is not normal to be very anxious about this, or be this paranoid.
>>
File: St_Patrick_s_Day_2171387b.jpg (65KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
St_Patrick_s_Day_2171387b.jpg
65KB, 620x387px
Her friends - get to know em, get to know em good, become buddy buddy with at least one of them and boom - you've got yourself an eye on the inside, a guardian angel.

That should be your priority, and after your mind is at ease, try to stop being possessive buddy, it sounds like she isn't doing anything wrong, she just wants to spend time with her friends the same way you sometimes want to do the same, and you would feel like shit if you knew she's freaking out about you drinking with your pals.

Bottom line - it's your fault, not hers, get good.
>>
>>17570583
I'll try having this conversation later and see how it goes.
>>17570590
I know most of these friends that she hangs out with,good people and I don't think they have a problem with me.The thing is that they mostly have different kind of humor and music taste like pop stuff(lady gaga,rihanna) so she thinks I would be feeling left out if I went out with them.I wouldn't really,it's been a while since we danced in a club together and I really wouldn't give two shits if it was to beyonce or rednex.
I know all this paranoia pass as insecure as fuck.I really 100% thrust her in things she has control over like how much she drinks and who she goes out with,the crazy starts with the places that she goes;I wouldn't be this anxious if she went to a park in the afternoon you know?
>>
Fuck, I have this problem too.

I'm just a paranoid fucker. I try not to show my face though, but deep inside I'm freaking out every time she goes out with her friends.
>>
>>17570628
>I really 100% thrust her
gigity

Exactly why you should have someone watching over her. Sure she's an adult and can handle her own but it will give you piece of mind to know she's ok from a source other then her. So get her friend Cotton Eye Joe a call, hang out with him, and become good, and I mean GOOD friends, get to the point where he'd rather hang out with you then her.

This is a good way of getting rid of your anxiety in more ways than one.
> You know Joe wouldn't lie to you if your gf got shitfaced
> You know Joe will keep her in sight
> You've went out of your way to make a new friend who has little in common with you, for her. That'l strengthen your relationshp
> Should you ever break up you can rebound fuck Joe. In her living room
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.