[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I may lose my financial aid for university in a few semesters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1470164828659.jpg (48KB, 667x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470164828659.jpg
48KB, 667x960px
I may lose my financial aid for university in a few semesters for having too many hours. I used to be a heroin addict when I first started school years ago and had a different major, so that is the reason why I have so many hours. Do you think if I said this in a petition for SAP that they would accept it?
>>
That's actually possible? That's insane.
>>
>>17569397
To petition my SAP?
>>
>>17569397
I meant as in I failed a lot of those classes
>>
>>17569498
Yea I was on drugs
>>
Well whose fault is that then dumb fuck? Don't do drugs kids or else you will be this dipshit.
>>
>>17570548
It was 5 years ago, I'm just asking if you think they would take it as an excuse.
>>
>>17570616

No they wouldn't but you have no reason not to try. Drug use is your choice and so nobody forced you. You are taking the school's money to put you through school and you threw away by getting high.

What did you think that they would say "oh you were on drugs? you poor thing, sorry for the misunderstanding, we will give you back the funding there champ." Fuck off with your naivety.
>>
>>17569389
It depends too much on the university. We can't know for sure.

We can point you at someobne who can find out, though: your university's office of the student ombuds. They're like lawyers, but for your university's own policies and rules. They aren't likely to be able to guarantee anything, but they should be able to at least tell you whether or not this course of action is a good idea.
>>
>>17569397
>That's actually possible? That's insane.
The rules on financial aid tend to assume that someone is a full-time student for the entire time they're in college, graduates on time, and does not change majors. There is a limited amount of wiggle room in the hours ceiling, but it's exactly that: limited. Anyone going over these hours without a degree is assumed to be slacking.
>>
>>17569389
Honestly I wouldn't mention anything about drugs. Getting a drug conviction disqualifies you from federal financial aid so while it could work, I wouldn't risk it. I had to appeal this past semester. I came back after dropping out years ago. I just wrote about how I changed, the steps I am going to take to succeed in college, and then thanked them for their time. I also got a few letters of recommendation from some old bosses. My appeal was approved a few days later. Honestly desu don't sweat it, they want your money.

Just make sure you finish college this time. You don't want to be 26 and still in school, well it's not that big a deal, but I could be already making decent money had I taken it seriously the first time.
>>
>>17569389
Not likely. The rules are there to keep people from becoming professional students who change majors every few years just to avoid graduation. The most you can expect is a package of loans and on-campus job to carry you through your last year.
>>
>>17570667
Well I did have a business major at first and switched to geology. I want even eligible for loans at the time and was going to community college. If I just tell them that do you think it'd be enough? I think it's reasonable to say hey I was addicted to heroin and pushed into cc by my parents but that was years ago and I've been doing all this stuff since THEN? I mean I did a research project and went to Baltimore GSA 2016, that's gotta mean something right?
>>
>>17571004
Yea list every positive thing you've been doing. I just always err on the side of caution with drug related stuff. I'd just say you were suffering from depression. Do your own research though and see. Also get those letters of recommendation!
>>
Say you are trans and were going through a difficult time with suicide ideation and depression because of social rejection because you just wanted to be your "true self," making it difficult to excel in academics.
>>
>>17571221
And if they ask for proof or some shit, just buy girl clothes and say that you've been coping with support from your friends and by crossdressing. Say you haven't medically transitioned yet because you're afraid/not sure where to start.

Don't mention your drug use.
>>
>>17571004

Based on this, I would guess they will approve your petition, but only if you agree to a strict academic plan designed to make you graduate as quickly as possible.
>>
>>17571261
I would agree, I've been working my ass off since then. Thanks I needed someone to tell me that though.

>>17571250
It's funny you say that because there was one time I got drunk and then stole girls panties from the laundry room and wore them while dancing around to death metal haha jk I made that up >.<
>>
Maybe if you phrased it as you went through a stage of mental illness
>>
Ask the question, let them say no. Don't say no for them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.