[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a tough spot in my life, where I'm ready for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lobster.jpg (5KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
lobster.jpg
5KB, 189x267px
I'm in a tough spot in my life, where I'm ready for a relationship, but finding someone is incredibly difficult. I'm 28 years old, and haven't had a serious relationship since my early 20s. I wouldn't say I'm unattractive, or have an abrasive personality, or that I'm incredibly picky, I just can't be with someone that isn't pretty similar to me. I just can't settle for someone that I have very little in common with, and end up feeling like I'm wasting both our times because I end up just not feeling as invested. Its happened a number of times, where there's an initial physical attraction, but literally nothing their mentally.

I'm getting around the age where I'd really look seriously at starting a family though, and I just don't see online dating as viable. All those sites have about a hundred guys hitting their mailbox every day, and I'm sure to be lost in that number, or at least I don't feel like I'd be good at conveying who I am online enough. I just want a girl that's funny, has decent morals, has her own drive in the world and likes watching movies and maybe some games, or reading and writing. Tired of being alone, but don't want to be dishonest to myself or someone that I potentially might not care about as much as I'd like to.

If you're a Canadian girl pls respond
>>
"If you're a Canadian girl pls respond" are you serious???

Also..how hard is it to find a girl that meets all those?? :S They are basic things?
>>
>>17569074

Semi serious

Well, some for the qualities were subjective I guess, but I wouldn't know how to put into words here to explain further. I guess if they loved Pushing Daisies, that'd be a good start
>>
>>17569096

You just got to keep looking...there are some really awesome girls out there...best of luck mate..because there are no magic formulas...perhaps go to clubs and things like that..i know in my area there are a lot of movie clubs for adults..or book clubs etc...also, maybe try volunteering? I've met a lot of cool and interesting people through that
>>
>>17569130

I've thought about the club thing, but I've sort of developed the problem of pretty bad social anxiety over the years. I mean, I'm still functional, I work at the hospital, I can do daily tasks and stuff, but I can have a hard time with opening up to people lately. I think the years of constantly moving and sort of uprooting my life over and over have had an effect on me. I've been trying to counter that by going to the gym, I've heard working out helps with panic attacks and anxiety, but honestly a piece of me that feels like I'm missing out on sharing my life with someone is a root cause of this worsening anxiety.

But yeah, I'll try to force myself out there more, look if there's some sort of group and try to push myself to go. A movie club or a book club might be fun
>>
Also..just saw the trailer for the show you mentioned.looks decent..I love some comedic crime solving dramas (miss my Monk days)..I am sure once you introduce a girl to that..there is a good chance she might enjoy it!
>>
Get a job. Get some money. The girls will come to you.
>>
>>17569157

I can understand the wanting to be with someone that has some foundation and success in their life, but if they only gravitate to money than they're not really what I'm looking for in a relationship
>>
>>17569148

I really liked it, the ending is a bit melancholy though
>>
>>17569145

You are being to hard on yourself I think since you are still pretty young!..you don't need to push yourself towards anything like that because those things are best when they come naturally?...What I think you should do is focus on yourself..put yourself into new situations and work on your anxiety issues..work on those people skills you've lost..I definitely recommend going to the gym too..it will boost your self confidence which is important! Hopefully along your journey someone you will click with will come along! I am sorry if this isn't the sort of advice you want..but I think the best thing you can do is improve yourself how you can and do things that involve meeting new people
>>
>>17569178
I hope so. Thanks for your advice, it's harder than pls respond, but I always knew it would be deep down. I just hope I find someone locally that makes me feel inspired again
>>
>>17569205

It is true..it is harder..but try and find positives in single life too (i don't mean things like shagging anyone you want..but like being able to do your own things etc)..you might miss it one day (currently me atm haha.....I kid i kid)

Best of luck anon!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.