[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell is it so hard to find a job here in SE QLD?! My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1463324614009.png (861KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1463324614009.png
861KB, 1059x962px
Why the hell is it so hard to find a job here in SE QLD?! My Father left school at 16 and walked right into a job the next day and has been working as a prison manager since. I finish year 12, get an OP 5 and everywhere I look even casual positions want ~3 years experience and a slew of other things, not to mention the distinct LACK of entry level jobs in the first place. I'm 20 now and into my second year of a duel law and business degree and want to be independent (move out, pay for my own lifestyle) but I CAN'T because I CAN'T FIND A JOB.

How the hell is this fair? How can I fix this?
>>
What are you applying for?
>>
>>17566860
Why don't you see if your old man has a guard jobs going?
>>
>>17566867
Everything under the sun.
Retail
Cleaning
Factory
Manual Labour
Nightwatchman
Fast Food

You name it, I've applied.

>>17566873
Private prison, they've told him that staff are downsizing to 2 guards per 50 prisoners from 4 guards.
>>
>>17566860
Job ads are wishlists. When they ask for X years of experience or Y education or Z qualifications, that is the ideal dream applicant they wish would walk in the door.

But failing that guy showing up, they will take the best of who does apply. Apply for every job in the field you want, regardless of the minimum requirements they list. If nobody with better qualifications applies - and that can always happen - they'll consider you.
>>
>>17566878
Hit up an RTO and get an apprenticeship

21, also SE QLD, spent two whole years applying for every single job on seek with no success, walk into Franklyn Scholar, immediately get a full time chef apprenticeship without even having to go for an interview
Shit's cash
>>
>>17567095
RTO?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.