[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >leave high school with a 1.8 gpa >join marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>Be me
>leave high school with a 1.8 gpa
>join marines cause fuck life
>5 years later get out cause wanna have a future in the civilian world
>Took old SAT while I was in the corps a year ago and got 300-400 in reading,writing, and math.
>shit tier community colleges won't accept my sat scores cause they're below 400s.
Now the question is do I apply to these 2 year schools where you can transfer out anyways or am I fucked? How do I unfuck myself if I am fucked?
>>
Can't you retake the SAT as many times as you want? I know I took it twice.
>>
>>17566859
>marines
Have you considered blue collar? You need to use your body, not your jarhead.
Don't worry senpai it pays better than white collars.
>>
>>17566866
I'll probably do that. My issue is cramming for this shit within a month. I haven't opened up a book in so long. Probably gonna higher a tutor or some shit.
>>17566871
I was an info tech in the marines. Sounds fucking retarded but yea it was a job available for me at the time since one of my few interests were computers. I also am planning on going to school for it but it's pretty fucking problematic when my dumbass left all these shitstains while I was gorwing up.
>>
>>17566859
The application form for most 2 year colleges consists of Write Your Name. If you get 50% on that question, you're in.

Staying in is another question. Assuming you are not just stupid, your bad school history is probably a product of bad attitude. Let's hope the marines instilled more pride and discipline into you so you will do pretty well this time.

But it would be wise to start slow. Take a couple of elementary courses, in math and composition, just to get you up to speed.

Meanwhile another anon's suggestion for a non-academic future shouldn't be dismissed too quickly. College isn't the best route for everyone (NOTE that I did NOT suggest you're not good enough for it, but that it may not be best for you)

The world will always need plumbers. And electricians, truck drivers, cops, barbers, electricians, bus drivers, firemen, postmen, auto mechinaics, etc - all honorable and well-paying professions.
>>
Dumbass. No wonder you got a 1.8, go buy a SAT review book and get studying and yeah, take more than a month to get it in your peanut brain OP.
>>
>>17566911
Thanks alot anon. Guess it's worth a shot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.