[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quit smoking thread: my foolproof idea that's probably a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Quit smoking thread: my foolproof idea that's probably a common method but idgaf

So i've been a heavy smoker since 2009. That's 7 years of pretty much constant smoking cigarettes. I've gone maybe a few days here and there, usually if i was sick or broke. Probably about 3 days tops. That probably doesn't matter.

Oh, i went through a few periods where i tried to vape as a means to quit. (Back before vaping became a douchey fedora thing, and it's actual purpose was to ween you off nicotine). Well that doesn't matter either i guess, because i always vaped the higher nicotine doses and only tried to go lower once. That didn't work out so well because i went from the highest dosage straight to nicotine-free juice, which was pretty much just fruity oxygen (realistically, probably fruity thousands of toxic chemicals right?) I tried the patch too but fuck that.
>>
Anyways, to the point. My smoking has increased to about a pack and a half every day now and the habit is a huge ball and chain on my life. All the money i spend, how bad i make everything reek, my body being unfit and easily fatigued. It needs to stop.

So i realized that i never put much focus into a quitting plan until now. If i try cold turkey again i'll just run across for another pack when my cravings start boiling. I have to limit how many i smoke within a set amount of hours, say, 1 every hour. But that's no good, i stay up late, so that would be like 13 or 14 and that's nearly a pack.

Has anyone done this? If so, what's a good plan?
>>
>>17566613
youd want to limit how much you smoke per day, not how much per hour since you sometimes sleep more or less.

i used to smoke about 5-6 grams of tobacco a day, switched to vaping (the highest nicotine dose), and found that even doing this has helped a lot. without even trying ive gone from smoking every 30 minutes or so, to vaping every 30 minutes, to vaping every 1-3 hours, and generally have no cravings.

when i cared about how much i smoked, i did try what you want, but sooner or later you'll find that youll do it 5 minutes early-- maybe youve got a class to go to, and the alternative means going an extra hour without. maybe you figure its just 5 minutes, and sooner or later youre doing it twice as often. the point is, its just an arbitrary rule, and requires no less willpower than any other.
>>
1) Realize that you actually want to not smoke anymore.
2) Realize you only have to not smoke one cigarette: The next one.
3) Realize that you aren't "giving up" smoking, but you are replacing it with something else. A hobby, activities, anything to keep your junkie-head busy during the withdrawal symptoms
4) Realize there's going to be a lot of physical and psychological pain.
5) Realize again that you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to not smoke anymore.

Your welcome.
>>
>>17566640

That sounds like an impossible task since i'm such an addict, but i gotcha, i'm about to take a stab at painting next week anyways, since i found so many of my grandma's paintings when i cleaned the crawlspace today. They are so beautiful i put them all out and i'm ready to scold my dad for storing them in shitty conditions! But yeah, i found her paint kit and easels (sp?). So i'm gonna attempt to make painting a new hobby to honor her. I mean, it seems like an awesome thing too.

BUT...

i'm not so sure activities or hobbies are going to distract me away from my withdrawals. I'm just going to end up taking a quick break from them to smoke like with everything i ever do.

Even if played a sport or something where i woudn't be able to smoke for several hours, i would smoke probably 5 shortly after the game was over.

I don't know man, tobacco is the devil. Everyone says cravings go away after a few weeks or so, but i think everyone's full of shit because they aren't that heavy smokers, you know, the ones who smoke one or two during finals, or 'just when they're drunk'. As an almost decade long smoker who's now a chain smoker, i can get up to 2 months when suddenly the smell of secondhand smoke just drives me insane like blood in the water to a shark.
>>
>>17566609
>>17566613
I'll assume you're on /adv/ asking for advice on how to quit smoking.

I don't have proper advice, but I've decided to quit smoking recently and I'm on my 8th day since the last cigarette, and in all honesty I don't feel like I'm picking it up ever again, I don't want to smoke and I've been feeling like this for at least 3 days now.

So I guess I could talk about my experience if you want, and answer specific questions you might have, because as far as advice goes, there's nothing I can tell you that hasn't been said a million times already.

also, what the fuck is cold turkey?
>>
File: tumblr_m4ak98ikUY1qhsbc4o1_500.gif (400KB, 350x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4ak98ikUY1qhsbc4o1_500.gif
400KB, 350x625px
>>17566691
>>
>>17566686
doing stuff is just a way to not have a relapse due to boredom.
you are right, whatever you are going to do, it's going to be hard as fuck.

the physical dependency on smoked nicotine is gone after a few days or a week, but then you got the psychological dependency and the need to replace the activity of smoking with something else.

that's the tougher part.
>>
>>17566694
I don't understand.
are you saying I'm trolling?
how am I being a troll?
>>
>>17566691
>also, what the fuck is cold turkey?
"going cold turkey" is stopping abruptly with something.
>>
>>17566705
thanks bruv
>>
>>17566609
You have to break the hellish circle and change your perception over it.

Are there mental states in which you don't want to smoke ? Keep it in mind the cigarette want to takes you out of it, and is manipulating you into it. It has contaminated all your emotions, and only offer you some kind of relief from an artificially created tension.

So be the man and smoke this bitch when you feel like it, not when she wants you to.

In fact, you are not quitting smoking, smoking has became most of the time dull and unpleasurable. Yet, you can smoke at anytime, there is no limit...

Instead of blocking the flow, just let it go until it dries of.

>Quit smoking a while ago by smoking only when it was pleasurable
>smoke when drunk, no regrets whatsoever
>>
>>17566721
that's one retarded fucking post right there.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17566609
Discounting nicotine, there's possibly one toxic chemical in vape juice. And you can buy different kinds that don't have it.

Vaping really is not comparable to smoking, in terms of health issues. Even if you go big and hard on the nicotine. I vape constantly, with 3mg juice. And I'm the healthiest person I know lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.