[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with mirtazapine? I'm on it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 2858835_00[1].jpg (34KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
2858835_00[1].jpg
34KB, 280x280px
Anyone have any experience with mirtazapine?
I'm on it for a couple of years now, and I'm all out since yesterday
The withdrawal is already setting in
Any way to deal with this? I've experienced it multiple times, but every time my meds are almost run out I'm too lazy to go out and get new
I think "how bad could it be"
And every fucking time
Cold sweats, shitting 7 times a day, feverish, insomnia, no appetite at all
Will I ever be able to live without this shit?
>>
File: 1335571623201.jpg (25KB, 463x454px) Image search: [Google]
1335571623201.jpg
25KB, 463x454px
>>17566051
>Will I ever be able to live without this shit?
sure , go thru withdrawal and dont touch the shit anymore
>>
>>17566051
Wasn't worth it for me, I took it to reduce the side effects of Effexor. It fucked up my sleep schedule (moreso than normal), I was gaining weight as opposed to maintaining it before, and it didn't give me any extra drive or energy. I decided to go cold turkey for a few months.
I'm in my third month now, and while I don't feel much better, I'm very slightly better than when I was on the drugs. I'm gonna stay away from SNRIs from now on.

Coldsweats, constantly warm, insomnia were normal, super sensitive to just about any stimuli (light in particular, as well as the neverending itch). My pharmacologist friend recommended tricyclic antidepressants. Maybe look into that?

I fucked up and had a week before my next prescription (for both drugs) one time, I swear it was like I was tripping bad for 4 days straight. I couldn't focus, I wasn't comfortable driving, every sensation ached, it was awful. Good news is that if I got over it, you can too.
>>
>>17566066
I've heard that's a 2-6 month period of hellish nightmare
Can't really afford that rn
>>
>tfw one bitch of a doctor has put my mom on it
>tfw reading your experiences
If I knew the withdrawal was that bad, I'd not have let her start taking it. :(
>>
>>17566126
My other SRRI is citalopram, which seems to give no problems on cessation other than maybe a little agitation
I'm not seeing a shrink anymore; they basically told me my treatment was over, and now my GP basically keeps giving me the same prescription, it must be like that for almost two years now
>>
>>17566051
>>17566165
>>17566132
You're supposed to gradually lower your doses when you feel ready to let go of the medication. This can take as long as a whole year (depending on med, dosis) but you don't feel withdrawal.
Cutting it out all at once is actually pretty bad for ya (as you can tell by the side effects mentioned itt). In extreme cases you can even die from withdrawal.
>>
>>17566180
Cital actually gave me a couple years of bliss before I built up a tolerance, but I was only taking that at the time. Slight irritability was normal, yeah.

>I'm not seeing a shrink anymore; they basically told me my treatment was over
That's a weird thing to tell your patient, especially one who is still taking drugs. I would at least see a therapist. I used to dabble only in the drug aspect and since that didn't work, I'm going to focus on therapy this time around. Most of the mental health professionals suck around me (thanks bible belt) so I'm looking at online or long distance solutions.

You actually have a lot of options, so don't even fret if something isn't feeling beneficial. You always have the option to drop it and try something new.
>>
>>17566243
well, at least the intensive part of the treatment
I feel my depression is basically gone at this point, and the little bits that are left of it can easily be interpreted as normal mood fluctuations
In my country, psychiatrists share the same education as general practitioners for a good 4 years, so GP's are generally used to fulfill the last part of the treatment, which is usually the gradual lower the dosage of the medicine you have to take (unless it's for something chronic, obviously).
So this is not really a weird thing; I've been in therapy for 3 years, and now I've been in follow-up for about 2 years
I called my GP an hour ago, she's sending the prescription to the nearest pharmacy, and I'll be fine tomorrow
Today I feel horrible, I could only sleep for 2 hours last night even though I had to do a presentation, and I physically feel hungry (like, absence of food), but I do not feel like eating (I really can't think of anything I really want right now)
So I guess I'm gonna ride it out
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.