[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i got hired at a certain large social media company... as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1413237749861.jpg (13KB, 212x213px) Image search: [Google]
1413237749861.jpg
13KB, 212x213px
so i got hired at a certain large social media company...

as part of the process of the application of being an employee there, it's asking for my personal social media account information as a mandatory requirement.

i created a new account for this purpose. will they raise questions about why i submitted an empty, brand new account? will/can they boot me from the position if i refuse to submit my real account because i care about my privacy? (even if they guarantee that they wouldn't look through my history?)

obviously i didn't expect to get hired at this company so i've uploaded and sent shit carelessly because it was between the people i know; the job really sprang out of no where and it's a great opportunity.

some of the details involve some 4chin tier racist jokes, some nudity and really cringey shit of sexual nature. they are "deleted" but i don't believe that it is truly permanently deleted from their system and that they can retrieve the posts if they wanted to.
>>
>>17566021
>will/can they boot me from the position if i refuse to submit my real account because i care about my privacy?
Depends on where you live. This does basically constitute lying on your application and if the company is like Facebook and doesn't like people making fake accounts, then you could well not give you the job/fire you.
>>
>>17566021
Realistically? If they think you're a good hire, your manager is almost certain to say "wow what a stupid requirement, give me my employee."

But maybe HR is both powerful and retarded. Just add some friends and create a Tinder or Farmville account on it or something like that.
>>
>>17566027
i live in canada and the company is snapchat. not sure what their fake account policy is like but i deleted my other account because i was that paranoid.
>>
>>17566034
Snapchat basically keeps everything that's sent on it, deleting it was futile.

Anyway, chances are you're fine, but if it turns out you're not, learn your lesson and don't lie on applications in the future.
>>
>>17566034
Honestly anymore your facebook shouldn't be your real name, because that's just an easy paper trail to follow. No sense making it any easier. Second, if a company asked me for my social media account, I'd just say I don't have one.
>>
>>17566021
When an employee of a social media company makes a fool of themselves online, they make a fool of the company. Image management is everything.

You've seen it before. Yes they'll be suspect about your brand new profile.

Don't worry about deleted content. Worry about pointless arguments and shit.
>>
>>17566040
they don't know my username for the one i've deleted though.

and thanks, yeah i had no idea they'd ask for your personal account.

>>17566052
it's just the snapchat account they're asking for since it's snapchat that i'll be working at.

i can't say that i dont have one; during the hiring process they kept asking if i used snapchat before, which i said yes to.
>>
>>17566069
>Worry about pointless arguments and shit.
you mean between my employer and me?

what if i just state the reason that i'm just an intensely private person? if they swear that they wouldn't rummage through any old photos that i've sent (and should've been "self destructed") then i might be more inclined to submit my actual information.

but i really doubt it if they're asking for my personal snapchat account.
>>
Holy shit, OP, you're an idiot.

Yes, you're fucked. Your brand new fucking profile isn't fooling anyone.

Source: do this for a living.

You'd be better off with your shitty slightly racist and bad joke profile than nothing at all.
>>
>>17566133
i'm building it up as we speak but am i really that fucked???
>>
>>17566141

Yes, they're looking to hire someone passionate about their platform that has been using it for years, that has an established social media presence, not someone "intensely private," that isn't going to know what they're doing.

Even if they believe you, you have a major leg down on the competition.
>>
>>17566148
i've already signed their contract though so i'm basically already hired, and they haven't asked me exactly how long i've used it; just if i'm familiar with the app. this application is more for their newly hired employees.

also i'm just an artist, i'm not going to be part of their engineering team or anything.

am i still fucked?
>>
>>17566156

You could be worse off.

You're still not in a good position. I wish you luck, but it was a bad idea. If they ask, I'd come clean about it, and say that you're really passionate about the job, know how the app works, and just didn't want to put out the wrong impression.
>>
>>17566170
yikes i had no idea it was that bad.

i could always tell them i wanted to keep a work safe account and my personal account separate too?

i just think this whole thing is dumb and the only real reason they would want my personal account is to snoop my history. but thanks anon for the bad news, i guess that's the reality of the situation...
>>
>>17566196

I really didn't mean to be a dick, but I need a clearly demonstrated knowledge of the social platforms I ask the people that work for me to work on, and generally, the easiest way is to take a look at their social media. It also demonstrates a measure of personal responsibility - if they're going to market my brand, they'd better know how to market their own.

Yes, they want to snoop your history, because your history is representative of their company.
>>
>>17566209

I should slightly revise this, considering that it's snapchat and all. I think that there is a reasonable expectation of privacy - that your personal messages should be something you can keep private. I'd never let a company log into my account and read my messages to others in a closed loop environment.

But, yes, if you have public snaps and such? A story? That's something a bunch of people can see, and they should see too.

I hope that makes more sense.
>>
>>17566209
i get that you weren't trying to be a dick, i just think it's dumb... i was supposed to be hired based on my portfolio and how well i draw. not what i do on my social media. the department i'll be working at is only related to snapchat because they bought the bitmoji crap.

so technically i'm part of the bitmoji team and only related to snapchat as an extension.

like fuck me for not being some squeaky clean normie....
>>
>>17566238

You might have a chance then. I wouldn't do this if you worked in accounts payable or something.
>>
>>17566226
well that does make me feel slightly better. i rarely publicized any snapchat stories. i'm still paranoid that they'll look into my conversation history with others and find the photos and texts that were supposed to be self destructed.
>>
>>17566252
ok, nice...

thanks anon. i guess i should leave it alone til they question it and then try to pass it off as an honest mistake if they call me out on it

my real account is apparently "deactivated" for 30 days until i decide to login again. otherwise it will be deleted. (but again, i doubt it's wiped from the server)

should i still risk submitting my real account if they really press me for it? again, i've never publicized my racism and other risque shit. it was just private convos between me and my friends. are they even legally able to look through my private conversations?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.