[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I broke up with my boyfriend and he killed himself. How do cope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: 20004_20160908_201152.jpg (3KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
20004_20160908_201152.jpg
3KB, 64x64px
I broke up with my boyfriend and he killed himself. How do cope with this. I feel really guilty about it
>>
>>17565604

Show him how it feels when someone you care about kills themselves.

That'll teach him.
>>
at least now you don't have to worry about awkward run-ins with your ex.

if he killed himself after you broke up with him, you did the right thing by breaking up with him. you shouldn't be someone's reason for living--that's way too much pressure and it's not how things are supposed to be.

he's gone now, he doesn't exist. you'll miss him and that's natural, but come on, people break up with people, and people are supposed to be able to deal with it.
>>
>>17565604
Unsure if this is a joke or not.

Do you feel guilty because you feel as if you breaking up with him is the root cause of his suicide?

Overall you shouldn't let this deter yourself from leaving any other relationship you are unhappy with. Just note that he's probably already contemplating suicide long before having met with you and it just so happen that he killed himself after the breakup. Most people would feel sad about having lost a relationship but this guy was hanging on to it. If you stayed in the relationship, you'd probably be unhappy, miserable and he would be as well. You did the right thing by ending it and you should never feel at fault.
>>
>>17565622
Well it's going to be pretty awkward when you meet in hell
>>
That's a fucked up situation. May I ask why you broke up?
>>
>>17565645
He was way too clingy. I couldn't take it.
>>17565628
He told me if I left him, he'd kill himself BUT U GUYS SAID HE WOULDNT AND THAT IT WAS HIM BEING MANIPULATIVE
>>
>>17565654
Yeah I knew this was a joke. I guess on the off chance it was sincere I put in a couple of good words.
>>
I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. But this was not your fault.

>>17565654
>He told me if I left him, he'd kill himself BUT U GUYS SAID HE WOULDNT AND THAT IT WAS HIM BEING MANIPULATIVE
Oh, one of THESE cases?

If you hang around these boards long enough, OP, you will hear people ask how to kill themselves and make it look like an accident. It's a common trope. But your ex's death was the reverse: an accident that looks like suicide.

I believe you when you say that he was depressed, and may even have experienced suicidal ideation from time to time. But I tell you true: at that moment, he had no intention of dying. When his fake suicide threat failed, he tried to up the ante with a dangerous bit of theater. Unless I miss my mark, he even set things up so that you, and only you, could "save" him. But like all dangerous stunts, there was a risk, and he got burned. That's all it was.

Your abuser died in an accident, trying a stupid stunt to get you back under his thumb. Nothing more. There is no need to keep thinking of it as suicide, because that's not what this was.
>>
>>17565604
You can't be held responsible for someone else's mental hangups. Don't beat yourself up over it, just accept that he was a time bomb and move on.

Shit I wouldn't even lose sleep if some narcissistic dependent killed themselves "because of me".
>>
>>17565713
I want to second this.
>>
>>17565713
>>17566240
What's the story? I'm confused?
>>
>>17565604
Just accept it. You can't really change people. He made his choice, there's nothing you can do about it.

You can say hi when you meet him on the other side.
>>
>>17566247
I don't have a story, I was just seconding what that other fellow said.

Threatening yourself, or threatening others, both are forms of manipulation and that behavior doesn't start or stop at OP.

OP, all you did was give him an excuse to do something he'd been waiting to do for a long time. You didn't provide any catalyst for this other than doing what any reasonable person in an unhappy relationship would have done. This would have happened with any other girl. I'm sorry it had to be you.
>>
You don't happen to live in New Hampshire, do you? Call me curious.
>>
>>17566273
Yes, why?
>>
>>17566282
Lucky guess. Someone I know is going through something similar.
>>
How long were you guys together?
>>
>>17565604
it looks like a suicide but it probably isn't. Most guys like you described don't have the balls to off themselves.
>>
>>17565604
You did yourself a favour by not staying with that lunatic. If hes crazy enough to kill himself hed be crazy enough to kill you because of some issue
>>
Wasn't your fault OP, your ex was an idiot and an asshole.

He's gone, try to move on. He's not worth your tears.
>>
>>17565604
You need to understand this isn't your fault.

You had every right to break up with him. Unfortunately it was on him that he chose to go out this way.

Back home in Texas we have a saying, if the chicken escapes a locked coop, it ain't your fault.
>>
I'm in a somewhat similar situation, but with a twist:
My partner wants to kill themselves, and wants me to let them leave and to break up with them so they can do it.
I want out of the situation but that would be the exact same as letting them kill themselves, which would weigh heavily on me.
What do?
>>
pretty fucking terrible if you ask me.
>>
>>17566412
>dont stay with him
>a literal corpse
>don't stay with a literal corpse

Do... do people do this?
>>
>>17565604
ill take things that never happened for 500, alex
>>
>>17565654
>>17565604
i dont quite know how to put this in a way which you will understand, but maybe you should take what people say on the internet with a grain of salt.

also, you arent responsible for his death from the sound of it. you'll probably feel guilty about it for awhile though, have fun with that.
>>
>>17566425
>chicken escapes a locked coop, it ain't your fault.
nobody says that in texas, or anywhere else, though
>>
File: 1473299491831.jpg (57KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1473299491831.jpg
57KB, 605x605px
Not your fault that he was sad cunt.
If I were you I'd be glad he didn't try to kill you or your family before offing himself.
>>
>>17566446
talk to his family and people that cares about him and tell then about his suicide tendencies.
You don't have to fix this shit by your own.
>>
>>17566537
where are you from pegasus?
>>
>>17565612
That's some proper grade A banter, init mate ?
>>
>>17565604
Fuck. Now I feel bad if I do this.

Ah well. You can't win em all.
>>
>>17565604
Kill yourself you dumb whore, you propably deserve it more than him.
>>
>>17565604
He only did it to hurt you. Don't feel bad, he is at fault. He know full well how you would feel and he did it to make you suffer.
>>
>>17566641
This.

You did well OP, you deserve better than someone as emotionally unstable as him.
>>
>>17566547
Probably Israel
>>
>>17566544
He has neither family nor friends or I'd have done that.
>>
>>17565604
Well it was his choice to kill himself. He was a fucking asshole to try to blackmail you with something like that. I mean come on, dude literally killed himself just to get back at an ex, what the hell? Who the fuck is that petty or vindictive? You did the right thing by walking away.

No-one should be forced or blackmailed to stay in a relationship against their will. Using suicide as an extortion tool like that is fucked up. It's my strong belief that in those cases, just saying "I'll kill myself if you leave me" should be grounds for immediate break-up because that level of emotional manipulation is so dire it's very bad to stay in a relationship with someone that manipulative and abusive.

He wanted to die. You can't force someone to want to live if they just don't wanna. If it weighs on you talk to a professional, but it's not your fault in the least, he would have found another reason to off himself, he just chose to use his death to cause you emotional pain just as a final fuck you.
>>
>>17566537
>I know all colloquialisms

Unless a phrase originated in your room how the fuck would you know anyways?
>>
unless you tried to manipulate him to kill himself in some way or abused him with intent, i wouldn't say it's your fault?

a lot of people can't deal with shit and off themselves.
>>
Did you guys date for a long time? That can sometimes contribute to this kind of behavior. Still, I don't think it's your fault.
>>
>>17565604
If you feel like he killed himself because you broke up with him, then he was in a really bad place to begin with, and the breakup was just one of a million different potential catalysts. The grief of a loved one dying, especially when they kill themselves, can be immense. That will sometimes manifest as guilt, and it's important to know that you'll feel those feelings, even though it isn't your fault.
>>
>>17565604

Unjustified Suicide is one of the most selfish things people can do. You're a miserable cunt, but instead of getting help or at least doing something productive and helpful with your life, your final act is fucking up other people

Its like those people that throw themselves under trains. Your final act on this earth is fucking up the day of all the commuters and forcing some poor train staff to have to move your decapitated body until the coroners arrive

Good riddance
>>
>>17565604
Accept that you were not the cause, they had ongoing issues and you couldn't have helped them because you are not a qualified professional.
SOURCE: I was in a relationship with a girl who killed herself after 3 years of being together, turned out in the end that her dad had abused her as a kid and she couldn't live with the shame of not going to the police and having him punished before he died.
>>
>>17565713
Yeah if somebody was actually suicidal, they wouldn't make some idle threats about it. They would just do it. This was a control tactic gone wrong.
Even if he was saying stuff like "I don't know why I stick around, I should just end it" and not "IF YOU LEAVE I WILL TOTALLY NECK MYSELF", I would still take it with a grain of salt. When somebody just announces it like the first case, it could be the shock of rock bottom talking, or it could be a guy whos smart enough to not use coercion in his manipulation.
>>
You can't save people from themselves - I knew someone who constantly threatened to kill himself if his wife left him. She stayed loyal to him even while he sat around being drunk and stubborn and he still ended up killing himself.

Some people refuse to change and some people have mental illness or trauma that strips them of their ability to cope and that's not your fault.
>>
An old friend of mine went through the same thing. He was cheating on her with another girl. They both broke up with him when they found out, and then he killed himself.

OP, don't feel guilty. Thankfully, he didn't kill you too in a murder-suicide. Feeling guilty and thinking about him at all is exactly what he wants. Just live your life, seek out help if you need to.
>>
>>17566574
S'all good init!

>>17566547
California initially, now I'm in North Carolina

Also; that guy isn't me
>>
File: undeclared3.jpg (33KB, 412x325px) Image search: [Google]
undeclared3.jpg
33KB, 412x325px
he's in heven now, looking over you as you sleep (with your new bf)
>>
>>17565604
Everyone I s in charge of their own life, including ending it. It is not your fault. I want to end mine and feel it is my right, so everyone needs to butt out, including the guilt.
>>
op lets have sex and cuck your dead ex

jk his existence was holding you behind and its best to move on to a much healthier relationship. sooner or later you'll get over it and realize that that guy wasn't stable for the fact he solely relying on you to LIVE. That's not love at all.Good luck!
>>
>first love broke my heart
>during our relationship she tells me about an ex that killed himself
>in his suicide note he blamed specifically her as his reason
>she cries
>this is during sex

I got cucked from the dead. M8 your boyfriend did the right thing, because if I ever lose my mind and decide to kill myself, I'm blowing my brains out right in front of her. I'm still not over her and its been two years. TWO years of suffering, and probably many more to come. I get with other girls, but every single day I think about her and it just hurts. I want this to be the same with her. And her story proves it, she even said she thinks about it a lot, and it happened 8 (10 years now) ago.
>>
>>17569676
Might I suggest just not clinging?
>>
you should feel guilty
he did the wrong thing
but you did kill him

suffer well
>>
>>17569676

because you're a narcissistic person, you're only bitter because she was the one who left your ass and hurt your ego, search therapy senpai.
>>
>>17565604
you are a bitch and he is a bitch
you two are made for each other
if you really did care you would find him help or some shit.In the end you really didn't and now you seek attention from faggots online that give more bad advice than good
You just jumped off the ship before it got wrecked. Most people rationalize that nothing could have been done or that he was selfish and better off dead.
Humans are disgusting and vile creatures. But I treat and love them all the same.
>>
>>17570372
>but you did kill him
She did nothing of the sort. This was a fake attempt gone horribly wrong. Though it did take an abuser out of the world, so, well, goodbye Earl.
>>
>>17570410
>if you really did care you would find him help or some shit.
If he really did care he wouldn't have abused and manipulated her.
>>
>Kill yourself
>Then apologize to him
>>
I can't imagine being in such a shotgun relationship.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.