[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I turned 18 a week ago and I feel fucked I spent the whole Summer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: FxyEY62.png (42KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
FxyEY62.png
42KB, 846x592px
I turned 18 a week ago and I feel fucked
I spent the whole Summer infront of my computer even though i live close to the beach all because i have no friends. I have a crippling fear of opening up to people because im a shut-in with no friends and i dont want to be outcasted. I put up a fake social facade infront of everyone
Im a handholdless virgin and dont even know where to start with women and i have no idea what i want to do with my life

What were you doing at 18 anon?
>>
File: tmp_9898-q4y7ig11169749520.jpg (73KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9898-q4y7ig11169749520.jpg
73KB, 580x580px
>>17565071
>I have a crippling fear of opening up to people because im a shut-in with no friends and i dont want to be outcasted.
I am sorry to hear that you're hurting, but I think you may have your cause and effect backwards.
>>
What did I do at 18?

I had a girlfriend
Volunteer at my local library
Was on the student council
Was on the basketball team and my team won high school cup in the city
Had a good amount of friends
Knew what I wanted to do
And a good relationship with my mother but I hated my dad who was a conservative prick....though we made up in my college years
>>
>>17565071
Haxx fbi
yolosweg
>>
>>17565071
>spent the whole Summer infront of my computer
I've spent all my summers that way since i was old enough to use a computer.
What's so bad about it?
>i have no friends.
Neither do I.
>I have a crippling fear of opening up to people
Everyone does, get used to it. It's hilarious when you finally get over this only to realize that at the end.
>I put up a fake social facade infront of everyone
So does everyone, again get used to it.

>i have no idea what i want to do with my life
Fix this first
>>
When I was 18 I got drafted to fight the commie bastards in 'Nam. Wait, that was when I was seventeen. Our country is fucked!
Srs when I was 18:

Getting good grades in school, becoming a book nerd
Part time job at a grocery store
Running at least 10 miles every other day and then hitting the squat rack right after
Wrestling state champ

Tbh 18 was just another year for me. I shut off pursuing my female friends who are 16 or 17 at the time because I was so scared of going to jail. I know realize how stupid that was.

I think that was the main reason I stayed a virgin until I was 24.

Anon you got your whole life ahead of ya buddy! Don't get all down and try to go out some. One of my coworkers, who happens to be a very good friend, took me to my first concert 2 years ago. Ever since then I've been going to events and socializing with complete strangers. I am now even taking Zumba classes to learn how to dance, even though people who seen me dance so I have good moves.

Whatever every day's a new day for me now I'm up to try new stuff more so than I was 3 years ago. And by the way I am 10 years older than you. Happy birthday.
>>
>>17565071
>What were you doing at 18 anon?
Sitting home worrying about the same shit you are. Though this was 1996. So I was making a geocities page and still learning how to commit minor computer crimes. For a while there were crimes there was no law or precedent for, the technology was way ahead of the law. Was a fun time.

You're going to waste the same years of your life as I did, anon. You're going to look back on those years and how horrible and anti-social and fucked up you were as wasted, disregarded days that will never come again. It's going to fuck you up for years thinking of all you wasted. Get a goddam grip on yourself for God's sake. Don't have a ten year gap of uselessness in your life like me.
>>
You're a degenerate, son.

I'm so sorry I'm your father.

At least donate your semen to pass on your genes.

~Dad
>>
File: 1472008001457.gif (1MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
1472008001457.gif
1MB, 300x167px
>>17565071

>I don't want people to outcast me so I outcast myself

I don't know what about society or the history of humanity has led you to believe that socialization and developing relationships is just supposed to fall onto your lap without putting in any work or taking any risks.

EVERYTHING in life is a calculated risk and reward.

I'm so tired of people on this board coddling each other's social ineptitude and inherent laziness. You look outside and see all these people hanging out and fucking and dating and you think none of them have ever been hurt?

You think none of them have ever been embarrassed, humiliated, belittled, bullied or exiled? Of course they have, the difference between them and you is that you insist on being sorry for yourself 24/7 without doing a goddamn thing about it. They pick themselves up and TRY to make an effort. You don't even try, and you want to complain about not getting results?

You're a privileged, disease free 18 year old living in a war free country with an internet connection, a computer, the financial means to sit on your ass all summer living on beach front fucking property and you want to feel sorry for yourself?

Fuck you. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. You want something in your life to change? Change it. Grab it by the horns and change it, you waste of life.

There will never be a substitute for hardwork or risk or taking the chance that you'll be hurt. Either you can take the chance and reap the rewards or continue to sit on your ass while the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck.

Make a choice. Do it or don't. The next time you look at yourself in the mirror I want you to ask yourself what your excuse is. Look at yourself real good and ask yourself "What the fuck am I waiting for?"
>>
File: feel.png (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
9KB, 645x773px
>>17565084
I wish I had that :)
>>
Don't worry about women. This is your life and it should serve you. Start by going to a gym and working out. This is very important. You'll look better and be more approachable. Talk to people. Literally anything. You have nothing to lose as long as you aren't a dick. They probably won't even care if you mess up, it happens to everyone. Open up about anywhere you can find common ground. Even if you don't do a hobby, if you know about it, talk about it what you know. Just don't be a dick and try to be mostly honest. Don't think about it, just do it or you'll never get friends. You have nothing to lose right now and if they don't like you, who cares? You don't need them, you want people who like you around you and eventually you'll find them.

Keep working out and eating healthy. Try to take a break from surfing the web, vidya and other indoor things. Try new things as well, like sports, watching sports, martial arts and hiking.

Don't try to attract women, that's unattractive. If you look good, they will come to you and you can make a move if they seem interested. You don't need them though. If you break up, you may feel hurt, but what do you have? You have you.

Once you've been working out for a while and get into shape (remember, exercise is a life choice, you will have it in your routine as a routine for the rest of your life), you will wake up to see yourself. A badass who can do his things and is not shy about it. Confidence is what will get you friends and women. Start exercising 3-4 times/week or so and lift. Lifting burns calories and makes your muscles bigger. Go to /fit/ to learn since routines and key tips. Increase weight every week or two and you're set.

If you dedicate yourself to improving your life, you will not regret it. If you don't, then you have the next 80 years to think about it.
>>
>>17565501
* Increase weight that you lift
>>
You're crazy young still and this is a relatively common situation/set of feelings for people to experience. Really the important thing is not that you are in this situation, but what you decide to do with yourself based off it.

My recommendation would be to find something you're passionate about and let it light your fire so to speak. The motivation from it will energize you to earnestly tackle issues both related to said passion and not.
>>
>>17565508
Haha fuck this guy GOMAD + SS. If you're not going to leave humanity behind why are you doing this oh my god
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.