[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop being so awkward, /adv/? It seems people like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (385KB, 1000x1620px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
385KB, 1000x1620px
How do i stop being so awkward, /adv/?

It seems people like me at first but then i have this aura of awkwardness and people start to be weirded out by me, and it fucking hurts because i dont know what is what im doing to keep people off.
>>
>>17564149
>because i dont know what is what im doing to keep people off.

Think about your interactions. What do you do? Talk too much? Talk too little? Say uncomfortable things? Laugh at an inappropriate time?

First step to changing stuff is thinking about it critically.
>>
>>17564154
>What do you do? Talk too much? Talk too little? Say uncomfortable things? Laugh at an inappropriate time?
Maybe the laugh part, i try to talk a lot, but if the conversation stucks i don't know how to keep it going
>>
>>17564154
>first step to changing stuff is thinking about it critically
now what if I have and can't find the solution? Not OP, but it's not like a checklist for some.
>>
>>17564216

There must be some common thread in your interactions. What are things that always happen?
>>
>>17564212
>Maybe the laugh part, i try to talk a lot, but if the conversation stucks i don't know how to keep it going

Why is that?
>>
>>17564223
Nothing that I know of. I'd say i'm pretty normal. So why don't people want to lie me? I dont think it's entirely my personality at fault, i'm a good person and friendly as anybody else.
>>
>>17564243
>So why don't people want to lie me?

Do you want them to lie to you?
>>
>>17564230
I DON'T KNOW, that's my problem
I just know i have the austist vibes, because of how people react
>>
>>17564247

Why can't you move the conversation?

Do you find you have nothing to say? Do you not remember what others said so you can ask follow up questions? Do you think people don't understand you?

Come on, it's not that hard. You must have thought about it at some point. Just say what's in your mind.
>>
>>17564261
Maybe i think too much, because i don't want to say something stupid/offensive
>>
>>17564268

Now we are getting somewhere!

Do you usually say "stupid/offensive" things?
>>
>>17564271
I think i have strong opinions, i can't not say them. Usually they're 'too much' for 'normies'

I've trying filtering myself but then i just say stupid shit. So either way, i'm an asshole or a dum dum.
>>
>>17564277
>Usually they're 'too much' for 'normies'

Yeah, sunshine, I guess we can both tell you lied before when you were all:

>I DON'T KNOW, that's my problem

You clearly know. You just don't wanna change.
>>
>>17564284
So i just have to have different opinions? it's that what you're saying?
>>
>>17564299

Just having different opinions shouldn't be a huge problem.

Are you offensive about them? Do you pick fights with those that disagree? Are you a militant anything?
>>
>>17564277
The problem isn't having "strong opinions". It's being able to explain or defend them in a calm and rational manner with facts . I don't care if your racist or believe in whatever you want , as long as you can have a normal conversation about it . if you're a wannabe edgy than it's your problem indeed . also see >>17564302
>>
>>17564302
>>17564305
I'm not offecive nor edgy about them. I'm pretty much neutral when i say them, and i always ads 'but that's my personal opinion'.

Not militant of anything, nor like to fight, on the contrary, that's why i always just don't say anything or just say some stupid thing to not go deeper
>>
>>17564311

Then what's your problem? Describe a typical interaction for you.
>>
>>17564320
>Hello
>Hey, the wether is terrible this morning
>*brain goes blank* Y-yeah...
>...

I also think i move diferent, and i do weird faces but i don't know how to control them. Like people would say i look angry when i'm not, or that i am mocking them but i'm just trying to go with the flow in an informal way
>>
>>17564329

Well, small talk is pretty crucial in dates. Also, being self conscious all the time is a turn off.
>>
>>17564329
How do i stop being self conscious?
>>
>>17564367
Oops, meant for >>17564352
>>
>>17564367

Go out and talk. Eventually you'll start learning.

Just don't give up the second things don't go your way.
>>
>>17564374
Im trying, im working as an uber driver, hope it works
>>
>>17564633

That can work. Hobbies also help.
>>
>>17564149
I like people like you.
Some people don't.
It's a matter of taste.

>>17564352
>being self conscious all the time is a turn off.
which gender are we talking about here
>>
>>17564644

Both, really. Boy and girls need to be at least a little bit confident or they are not really that attractive.
>>
>>17564648
Self-inmersed superficial cuck, the post
>>
>>17564648
Eh, speak for yourself. I don't mind, probably since (in my experience) shy, self-conscious folks are typically nicer people than most, and being an overall good person can make up for a lot of other flaws.

But i know that's not true for everyone.
Just wanted to point out that changing for other people isn't a sure thing.
Even something as widely-appreciated as "more confidence" doesn't make you more likeable to everyone on the planet.
We all like different things.
>>
>>17564699

So, you'd be fine with your partner being an insecure mess that is too self conscious to make a move?

Or would you prefer at least a modicum of confidence?
>>
>>17564710
>So, you'd be fine with your partner being an insecure mess that is too self conscious to make a move?
Yes, i'm attracted to women.
>>
B U M P
>>
>>17564815

Yeah, unless you are gonna go for a Japanese Love Pillow, you'll be complaining about her not doing anything anything after a while, I bet.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.