[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if you don't know all Mormon men are expected to go on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: san-diego-mormon-temple1.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
san-diego-mormon-temple1.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
So if you don't know all Mormon men are expected to go on a mission for two years teaching people. Being born into a Mormon family I've always just gone along with what my parents have expected of me. That includes going to church and youth activities which I'm fine with doing so I don't dissapoint them. But as I've reached missionary age I've realized I can't spend two years teaching something I don't believe myself.

The problem is I've just gone along with the application process and haven't left myself a way out without making my parents hate me.

Just need a way to get out of this while looking like I still want to go.
>>
This is the coming of age where you become a man.

You stand up to your parents, and without being disrepsectful, tell them you are an adult, and have different beliefs than them, and do not wish to do a mission.

You are your own person. However kind your parents are, do not let them tell you how you will live your life. You only get one shot bro, you live it your way, or you didn't live it at all.
>>
>>17563417
/thread
>>
>>17563417
The problem with just telling them is I'm fairly certain they'll kick me out and I just don't have the means to live on my own yet
>>
>>17563383

Honestly, not doing it IS the right thing to do. If you are faithless, you should not be preaching faith.

I can't guarantee your family will be happy about it, but just be straight forward and thankful to them for their guidance. They will get over it.

Otherwise, I suppose you could just live a lie for the rest of your natural life.
>>
>>17563423
Deal with it, seriously. You must have some sort of friend/family you can stay with it you absolutely HAVE to, until you can make it on your own?
>>
>>17563423

ah, so part of your coming of age will be acknolwedging you had put something off that you should have had the sense to address sooner, and now there is likely to be a palpable consequence.

are you not interested in religion at all at this point, or just the Mormon variety?
>>
>>17563432
The same problem would have applied earlier.
Just the Mormon variety
>>
>>17563423
you don't have any money saved up?
>>
>>17563459
About two thousand but that doesn't last forever
>>
>>17563475
yeah but its better than nothing, tell us more about your situation

where do you live, what's your level of education, do you have a job, could you get one easily enough?

Here's a thought as well, ever considered the military? It's a good way to get out of a toxic living situation, you put in your 4 years and when you get out you'll have money in the bank work experience and free college through your gi bill.
>>
>>17563383
This is a biggie, because that IS one of the basic requirements of the church. Backing down from this will mean, in effect, leaving the church and deeply hurting your parents.

You either get ready for all the pain that entails, or you just go through with it, put in your two years, and then quietly drift away from the church as an adult.

If you have a particularly liberal and sympathetic minister, he might wangle you an administrative job within the ministry that meets the obligation without making you preach.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.