[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello Im a 19 year old who is having trouble finding a job...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1473092397539.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473092397539.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Hello Im a 19 year old who is having trouble finding a job... What are some jobs you anons reccomend for somebody with no prior experience and is currently a NEET? And where should I look for them? Are there any websites with listings for low experience jobs?
>>
>>17561612

where is that pic?
>>
>>17561612
cashier, stock, graveyard shift work.

remember that it takes a fuck ton of resume drops to pick up a blind job.
>>
>>17561720
Japan I think...
>>
>>17561730
Also, what should I even put on my resume if im a NEET?
>>
>>17561732
looks comfy
>>
Ever thought about becoming an EMT?
>>
>>17561761
>EMT
No, but I'll look into it
>>
>>17561612
You have quiktrips in your area? I transitioned from NEET to part time employment to finishing school
>>
>>17562142
nope
>>
>>17561739
If you've been a NEET for a while it's going to be kind of hard. Try looking up the closest career center. Call them and schedule a one-on-one resume critique. They should be able to help you make your resume as attractive as possible.
>>
Basically any wage salve job? If you're an amerifat and all you've got is a GED or whatever that's basically your only option unless you've got mad connections. (And in some places you need mad connections just to get the wage slave jobs)

I've only had 2 "official" (IE had to pay taxed on it) jobs, both retail. First was customer service, and that was a living hell that I would rather kill myself than go back to. Not worth the measly 7 bucks an hour.
Second was stock. If you're an introvert or just hate dealing with old bitchy customers cry like children and spit on you while you're expected to smile and take it up the ass, stock is the job for you. My particular job was for a clothing store, and I didn't even have to work odd hours. Worked the same shifts as everyone else, but I spent the entire time in the back unpacking boxes and putting the antitheft sensors on the merchandise. Because customers never really saw me except on rare short occasions, they were far more chill with me on the dress code so I could dress moderately comfy. Got to listen to my own music the whole time, and my performance was basically based on how many boxes I unloaded. This was a double edge sword though, because there would be some days where I got boxes of just a fucking million little tiny items that took ages to get through and therefore my box count was low, but other days where there'd be like, 3 pillows per box and I got a fuck ton done.
Other advice, my friends worked at a nursing home which was a decent gig. Got paid above minimum for it too. Though when applying, really look for food service or reception. Laundry can be a nightmare depending on the place's policies because you get to deal with the old people who've shit the bed and junk. Otherwise though, only interaction you get is with old people which imo even when they're bitchy it's kinda cute and funny in a way because they're like 90.
>>
>>17561739
I would assume its the same with anyone trying to get their first job.
The very first thing is connections. Ask literally anyone you know who has a job you could possibly get if they could help you out. Family counts too, my sister got her job through my dad.
For work experience, put literally anything no matter how stupid. I put down basically everyone I've ever pet sat for as "employer references". If you've even got a single friend or family member, just do that even if you never did a job for them. Just say "hey man I'm gonna say I mowed your lawn for a summer or whatever, if someone calls roll with it and say good things"
I also put that I was involved in Girl Scouts basically my whole youth. It doesn't mean much, but at least they can look at me and go "Well she's probably been selling cookies for years so that's some sort of baby sales experience" Plus GS is usually held with regard since it is a well known organization. Even if you were a scout or something and quit at a young age, it's better than nothing. Hell you could probably just lie about it if you weren't. It's not that big of a deal that they would even try to prove it. Likewise, if there's any other well known organization like that you were ever a part of put that down.
Protip though, don't stress much about the references. Out of the hundreds of places I've applied to over the years, literally only one ever actually called my references. Most of the time they don't actually care unless the job's the least bit skill based. But at the same time, never leave a blank page. Make up some bullshit to say you've got minimal experience in something.
>>
Would going to a mall near me and just asking every store or applications and filling them out be a good idea?
>>
>>17562232
In this day and age? No. Nearly everywhere only does online applications these days. And unfortunately the days of leaving your application for them on file even if they don't have any positions open right now are gone. It's now a game of luck and being in the right place at the right time. If there's no job open they have no need for your app.
Thankfully though, it's not that bad. Most places, especially large chains, have SOMETHING open at any given point in time. Your search should actually be a bit easier for you since you don't even have to leave your house. Just go to the website of every place around town, and look for the "careers" section on it. Should walk you through searching for positions from there pretty easily.
>>
>>17561612
There's always the military anon. Air force or Coast Guard. Experience, travel, benefits, and pay.
>>
>>17561612
Seasonal work is coming up fast, anon. Go unload truck if you don't want to talk to anyone. There might still be time to take the federal service exam.
>>
>>17562269
ehh not really an option I'm 100 pounds
>>
>>17562275
whats ur secret lol I've been trying to drop to 100 for ages now. Fuck these fat saving girly hormones tho.
>>
>>17562232
You should go there and talk to the employees. If they seem miserable, don't apply there. My shopping mall has a job fair every October for seasonal.
>>
also should I even make a resume? I mean I dont have anything of note I could put on it . Do employers really expect one for shitty jobs anyways?
>>
>>17562315
No, you should have all that shit written down in case anyone asks for it, but nowadays you fill out the application online and then you do the questionnaire for personality. Then you get a call back or you don't.
>>
>>17561612
Consider working for the cafeterias in your school district it is one of the few jobs where a white man has the advantage and you can make decent dosh and move up at a decent pace if you put in the work.

Plus they will feed your ass .
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.